Review Good/Bad/Ugly v North Melbourne, R14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

the chances of not one of them getting upset is close to 0, teams in the top 4 will lose matches to teams outside the 8, we just need to make sure it's not us. Just think how rarely picking the favourite gets you perfect tips, now try do it for 9 rounds.
True - but the problem is if the ones we get wrong are bottom 8 sides playing each other!

Good
Levers poise....that side step was magnificent
Atkins also has time on his side
We have pace after so many years of 'contested footy' we actually have a nice balance atm
Pykey has managed B.Crouch perfectly contrary to what some may think....when he finds form our midfield will find another gear altogether ... and we'll need to in september
Sloane being Sloane

Bad
Goalkicking....we won by 2 goals 21 for Christ's sake! Should've been a shellacking for Lindsay and his little band of over-achievers. Will take the win though

Ugly
Score reviews .... WTF! Not only do they review every one of our goals they manage to f**k it up most times somehow
Umpiring...I swear they make new rules up when the crows play, it really is ridiculous. When the crap commentary don't say much after a dodgy decision instead of trying to justify the umpires call you know its some next level BS
Would you like to take the point or would you rather have a free shot from 30 metres out on a slight angle? GTFO
Also ch7 coverage smokes pole....that is all

Good
Sloan
Talia
M Crouch
Sauce
Laird
Lever

Bad
Umpiring and score reviews - we deserve better
Thommo

Ugly
Goal kicking
B. Scott complaining about how many points we kicked, he thought it was unfair that we tired them out bringing the ball back into play so often.

Edit. Forgot Atkins, we have some serious talent coming through.
Credit to our recruiing team over the last 5 years, outstanding work with the shit picks we have had.

A lot of good tonight IMO, but a few standouts:

Lever - what a gun. Reads the flight of the ball so well, has courage, has footy smarts, has leadership qualities. Kicking has improved over the year IMO, and I think I saw him sell candy once (no surprise though)? No 2nd year blues here. Future captain, and everything you want in a defender.

Atkins - class and silk. Great footskills around the ground (needs to work on goal kicking but), has composure beyond his years, and has a little bit of toe and great agility. 10+ year wingman.

Mrouch and Brouch - guns. Mrouch IMO will be the better brother. Prolific ball winner, good user, good defensive pressure, hard at the contest, and has goal nous too. Brad showed signs in the 2nd half I thought. Disposal wasn't shocking, tackled hard and hit the contest with ferocity. Will be better for the run.

**** I love our youth.

Atkins reminds me of a young simon goodwin but better! Freakin star...sign him up! I"m serious, i would rather have him than dangerfield, will be a better player in time!

Last edited:
Does anyone celebrate a goal better than the RAt?
There's a touch of Aker with his celebrations.

Fast becoming my favourite player. As I said, we need to use him more. So many times he was in a better position but was burnt by team mates.

He has the Mark Waugh of football.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Ugly - Rat robbed of goal of the year!!!

May never get over that

And you had the gall to suggest you don't get attached to players ;)

(I know you put a comment about Rat being a maybe)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm doing this because it doesn't seem to happen all that often - I agree with you Jen!

Delirious if you think Thompson or Crouch had poor games.

Douglas was probably our worst and even he got better as the game went on and had a fair influence come Q4.

I'll wear the criticism, but I have no time for blokes who turn the ball over repeatedly.

Ziebell and Swallow also seemed to get easy clearances whenever our #2 was in the centre.

Good -

- His whole career I've been unsure if Matty Crouch would be able to overcome his middling athleticism and underwhelming disposal. But his last 3 games have just been immense. Maybe the decision to give him a rest was the right call? Regardless, I'm officially on board. Champion

- Sloaney is Sloaney. BnF here he comes.

- Lever is so absurdly confident, I love it. His last month has been excellent as well.

- Talia murdered Petrie. Should strengthen his AA claim

- Laird's mark/general quality

- Lynch just never stops running

- Mookay did some nice things, especially in the last.

- BCrouch and Thommo had much improved second halves. Thommo ended up with 9 clearances.

- The Rat is a jet. Should have had at least 2 goals.

Bad

- Charlie and McGovern had such almost games. I really hope Charlie finds the poise to finish all the other good things he does. His pressure continues to be game changing.

- Goal kicking was superb. 10/10 would watch again.

- Hartigan made some errors, but wasn't awful.

Ugly

- Lindsay diving again

Goal Umpires were very poor tonight on the crows, they tried to **** us over as usual on at least two occasions! As brad scott would say you were pathetic..haha!

Last edited:
Fan****ingtastic:

Could be named the Rory's ft. BOB

Rat:
Close, oh so close to the BOG for me, humiliated opponents, nearly kicked the goal of the week (damn score reviews), was silk and stood up. There is a game coming that he'll utterly torch an opposition and **** i am excited for it.
Sloane: Stood up in the last. There was discussion that a superstar should only be reserved for those who play big games in finals. I disagree, it should be for those that regularly own close games. Sloane is a superstar.
Laird: **** i was nervous when Lever nearly KO'd him. Had a huge game.
Bob: BOG.

Good:
Lever:
Was slaughtering North's attacks for fun. Nearly KO'd Laird which sees him kicked out the Rory's ft. BOB club this week.
Tex: Couple of big goals when we needed them
Cameron: Pressure was immense, almost game though.
Talia: Poor Petrie had no chance. Just about the best defender in the competition right now.

Bad/Ugly:
That kick from Mackay. Could of been costly, but wasn't.
Goalkicking was shit, but i guess if you have to have those games, better to at least do it in a win. Should of been 10-12 goals though.

Yeah, beyond that it was a pretty forgettable game all up.

Good -

- His whole career I've been unsure if Matty Crouch would be able to overcome his middling athleticism and underwhelming disposal. But his last 3 games have just been immense. Maybe the decision to give him a rest was the right call? Regardless, I'm officially on board. Champion

- Sloaney is Sloaney. BnF here he comes.

- Lever is so absurdly confident, I love it. His last month has been excellent as well.

- Talia murdered Petrie. Should strengthen his AA claim

- Laird's mark/general quality

- Lynch just never stops running

- Mookay did some nice things, especially in the last.

- BCrouch and Thommo had much improved second halves. Thommo ended up with 9 clearances.

- The Rat is a jet. Should have had at least 2 goals.

Bad

- Charlie and McGovern had such almost games. I really hope Charlie finds the poise to finish all the other good things he does. His pressure continues to be game changing.

- Goal kicking was superb. 10/10 would watch again.

- Hartigan made some errors, but wasn't awful.

Ugly

- Lindsay diving again

Re that last point, it would appear that his team mates are taking after him. Anyone see Mason Wood swing his head back at every opportunity?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I watched from high up in the stands and it honestly looked like none of our good players played well but we still played well??

Sloane and crouch were good I guess.

That mark from Laird war ridiculous but will hardly get a mention.

Actually lever was fantastic! Getting better every game.

That non goal to Atkins was unreal. That guy is something. Will be such a gun by 100 games.

I

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly v North Melbourne, R14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back