• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We were playing against a team that was still bottom despite second bottom having so many players out injured they ran out of top ups and had to call in a retired guy to make numbers in the reservies.
Their pressure and effort was still there nearly 4 quarters beside the last 5 minutes when we lifted ours.

Good:

We won a game where we:

• Didnt play well
  • Under constant pressure
  • In a losing position late in the game

ALL champion teams have to learn to do that.

To be clear I am not suggesting we are even close to a champion team but it's bloody good to be able to do that with a young and rising team.

If you can't see the value in a win like this you are beyond help (or new to the sport) a bit of a silly billy but in the least offensive way and I wish you a long and fruitful life irrespective of our differences of opinion and please know that I retain an affection for you as a fellow Crows supporter.

Bad:

Most players. Having to watch a game like that.

Ugly:

Mouthbreathers People that I strongly disagree with both in the content and intent of their posts in the comments potting our bottom 7 or 8 guys when our top 10 guys stunk it up.

Last edited:
A fair bit of bedwetting in the gameday thread, but that would have to be one of the highest pressure games of the season so far, being able to come away with the 4 points is another step up for this group.

The true brave are the ones who wait until after the game to pop up to pretend they were totally stoic throughout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of really ordinary players returned to the norm after a 2 dimensional carlton made them look like millionaires

What was Soligo even thinking at the end? Gets a fortunate free kick after the centre bounce, we're 3 points up with 40 seconds to play, and instead of finding a short target sideways or back to wind down the clock he boots a high ball to a 15 player contest on our 50 arc. Mind numbingly stupid.
Who should he have kicked it sideways to Rabbit?..

All good to pot the young bloke but… did anyone present him with an easy option sideways?..

Can you give us a couple of names?…

It's important to remember this Hawthorn squad is designed to tank. It's one of the worst squads ever assembled and on top of that they were missing their best midfielder and their best tall forward.

We were full strength.

Getting away with a last minute win against this team is not in any way a good thing. It's a reality check. It's a wake up. We need to implement changes right now because we played diabolical football against a team that will be flat out trying to win even one more game this season

Who should he have kicked it sideways to Rabbit?..

All good to pot the young bloke but… did anyone present him with an easy option sideways?..

Can you give us a couple of names?…

He picked the absolute worst option available, it was incredibly stupid. He had more time available, and could have run around and drawn some players to make a free if there wasn't one behind him - and I'm sure there was given all the Hawks ran into our forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Hawthorn, R6 2023

Back