Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

My issue with him is if you've heard one Dwayne game, you've heard them all. If you joined us late or are new to the game, every game has a mark of the year, goal of the year, locals getting restless, hearing a pin drop, the biggest lead of the game, a fire starter, someone shorting it, giving it some shoe, kicking from the paint, bending it back, they can get and go before making it somebody else's problem, has a chaos ball, is an epic, a gem, gold class, has party time, and is crazy good. Is that 50? Umpire says no.

Nails down a chalkboard.

Much like some of the posters here! ;)

That 3rd goal by Mackay was a cracker.
That was pure hard work, he was with the ball on the half back line and ran the length of the oval to receive it right in front.
If he keeps working hard like that he deserves his spot.
More of it would be nice.

The good- DMAC putting in 2 good games in a row. to come back away from home.

The bad... Kelly, Hampton and our goal kicking.

most frustrating moment was when Kelly kicked backwards to Talia, and talia fumbled.. hawks ran down for a shot on goal (lucky they missed)

Tell you what, we wouldn't want to give the scum 6 goals to 2 head start this week. those feral powertards thrive on confidence.. need to dent their confidence early to silence them.

You're blaming Talia for the fumble? If Kelly could hit the side of a barn with his kicking, it would've been fine. But his kick landed well short of Talia

It was one of the worst kicks i have seen by a player under zero pressure. Nearly as bad as Smith's kick LY vs Hawks

That 3rd goal by Mackay was a cracker.
That was pure hard work, he was with the ball on the half back line and ran the length of the oval to receive it right in front.
If he keeps working hard like that he deserves his spot.
More of it would be nice.

And the AFL world last night and over the weekend was fapping over Picken doing a similar run. We could also bring in Brown's mark and goal as that play started in the backlines and he was involved in turning it over there, but nope, Picken is AMAZEBALLS!!

No case to answer. If you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

If you want to talk piss weak let's talk about Hodgey trying to cripple Wingard, or elbowing Swallow in the jaw. Or Lewis punching a West Coast player in the neck, or Mitchell punching Jack Watts in the face.

Jog on muppet.
Hide behind another crap MRP decision all you like.

If you're looking for sympathy as a Hawks supporter because you've been "hard done by", you're in the wrong place

I have sympathy for Birchall. Unfortunate that he was injured in a footy collision

Can I just say I'm really enjoying the irony of a hawks supporter whinging about the MRP.

What's next, you'rr going to complain that the umpires gave you a hard time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch is looking at Birchall then fractures his jaw with his elbow in a marking contest, he's not looking at the ball, look at a replay.
Piss weak from Lynch.
It was a football collision - both of them jumped up at it and they both hit each other in the head.

It's very unfortunate that Birchall got a fracture out of it. Could have been Lynch that copped the fracture.

I don't think either player intentionally made head high contact, both were going at the ball.

It was a football collision - both of them jumped up at it and they both hit each other in the head.

It's very unfortunate that Birchall got a fracture out of it. Could have been Lynch that copped the fracture.

I don't think either player intentionally made head high contact, both were going at the ball.
Contact was unintentional but careless and reckless on Lynch's behalf. After Lynch jumps in the air he's only got eyes for Birchall
and not the ball and with his elbow out, he is not looking at the ball, he is not going for the ball.
Just watch a replay in slo mo, its plain enough to see.

Contact was unintentional but careless and reckless on Lynch's behalf. After Lynch jumps in the air he's only got eyes for Birchall
and not the ball and with his elbow out, he is not looking at the ball, he is not going for the ball.

I'm sorry are you describing the Birchall collision or the Jenkins collision?

Let's see
1)eyes only for the opponent
2)leading elbow out
3)not going for the ball

Yep pretty sure you're talking on the cowardly hit on Jenkins.

Last edited:
I'm sorry are you describing the Birchall collision or the Jenkins collision?

Let's see
1)eyes only for the opponent
2)leading elbow out
3)not looking at the ball

Yep pretty sure you're talking on the cowardly hit on Jenkins.
You guys do more dodging and weaving than Betts does in a year.

You guys do more dodging and weaving than Betts does in a year.

Tell you what, codemn the Jenkins hit as a cowardly, scummy move and then we can talk.

Until then you're just a hypocrite who only cares because a player on his team is injured.

He had 12 possessions playing in the midfield, 12! Sure he had 10 tackles but that's mostly another sign he couldn't get the ball himself.

Against GWS he had 11 disposals and 6 tackles, an extra 4 tackles means he's not a liability?

He is a midfielder, their primary job is to win the ball, if he's not doing that he won't survive, no matter how many tackles he lays.

Look I really want him to do well and stay in the team, but he needs to do more than just tackle otherwise he won't be in the side, no ifs or buts.
The key for our midfield is a balance & that everyone is contributing in some way... ie. It's not just about possessions, but pressure too.

Weren't you complaining about Thommo & his lack of 2 way running last year...

You know what - good !
About time we got away with one

Should change your name to hard lucky Hawk

The key for our midfield is a balance & that everyone is contributing in some way... ie. It's not just about possessions, but pressure too.

Weren't you complaining about Thommo & his lack of 2 way running last year...
He's making our side better even if I'm still not 100 % sure he's going to be a midfielder

Reckon he might break his offensive shackles this week , here's hoping

My issue with him is if you've heard one Dwayne game, you've heard them all. If you joined us late or are new to the game, every game has a mark of the year, goal of the year, locals getting restless, hearing a pin drop, the biggest lead of the game, a fire starter, someone shorting it, giving it some shoe, kicking from the paint, bending it back, they can get and go before making it somebody else's problem, has a chaos ball, is an epic, a gem, gold class, has party time, and is crazy good. Is that 50? Umpire says no.

Nails down a chalkboard.
My biggest issue is the way he always manages to bring up Port during his commentary... even when they're not involved in the game.

Yep Lynch definitely looks at him.
I don't believe he intentionally smacks him in the face with his elbow though. Only way to avoid that would be to shirk the contest - which Birchall could have done too, actually.

Pyke is a master tactician. He knows what we're being beaten at, what he needs to do to change it and then gets the boys to implement it to success

Bingo. This was what nailed it for me :thumbsu:.

It wasn't just the win, but.....
  • Pyke's willingness to inject massive quantities of youth (and pace) into the side.
  • His willingness to change things up in a big way....during the game....as opposed to between games. Major positional changes, where players are put in more than just their two "regular" positions: Their starting position and the Bench.
I thought The Hawks were cutting us to pieces early on, around the contests/stoppages, with their quick, clean hands. Their strings of clean handpasses were killing us early on. But we slowly grinded away at it, slowly wresting back control in/around the stoppages, and eventually nullifying their quick hands.

Moving Otten and Sauce was a master stroke, where Pyke saw we could dominate more in the air than off-the-deck, so opted to use this strength to our advantage. We need to identify strengths and weaknesses like this more often, and make changes accordingly. Not just keep backing players in, watching them get beaten in certain areas, and watching our opponents kick more and more Goals. The smart successful Coaches do not keep backing their players in when the opposition is getting further and further ahead; they change things up.

A point to note: While our tackle count was high, and the quality of our tackling has massively improved, there were many, many instances where we "tackled" Hawks players, but didn't truly lock them up. As a result, they were able to fire off quick handballs. We must address this. It's not so much the number (quantity) of tackles, but the quality. That's the issue. Don't let opponents get their arms free!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back