Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like Adelaides forward line could have the highest score per game average in AFL history this season

If we keep everyone fit, absolutely.

Walker, Jenkins, Betts, McGovern, Lynch, Cameron, Menzel, Knight, Atkins all goal kickers. Sloane, Jacobs, Smith handy as well

Ok i need help... did one D Mackay actually kick three clutch goals? Or is that the Cap'n talking?
I'm tired of these Mackay comments. He has been one of our few run n carry guys for last few years. I go to every game and he covers an unbelievable amount of ground. Not all players can be the same , it's about a balance of players that offer something different. I rate him and you couch potatoes you border on online bullying. Get a life and let it go

What is Adelaide's weakness? Genuinely don't think there is one.

Seriously looking like a premiership outfit. They're all quite young too.

Still not great through the midfield. Sloane is elite. M Crouch is great but he's an accumulator and clearance type, unlikely to ever win us a game off his own boot. it's a pretty big question mark after those 2. really need to see B Crouch get fit and plenty more from Douglas, Atkins, Hampton etc etc.

Gibbs would've been a handy pick up. :)

Midfield can still be considered a weakness, for the most part it's Sloane + Douglas + a bunch of kids. I certainly believe we've addressed the speed problem though.

What a great win today but one thing really pissed me off. Obviously the umpiring and the advantage rule. Look at the first qtr and the goals thr hawks got. Most were from that but Hampton tried it a couple of times and never was aloud. What a loas of crap

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watched that dirty little skinny hawk that intentionally used his elbow on jenkins. A suspension is in order to send a message to players using their elbows as a weapon. Very dangerous and i hope he is playing the crows next time we meet.

But he is a nothing player anyway. They would be doing the Hawks a favour by suspending him. Sniper only needs one shot to get his job done.

O
Still not great through the midfield. Sloane is elite. M Crouch is great but he's an accumulator and clearance type, unlikely to ever win us a game off his own boot. it's a pretty big question mark after those 2. really need to see B Crouch get fit and plenty more from Douglas, Atkins, Hampton etc etc.

Gibbs would've been a handy pick up. :)
Our midfield is developing and will be seen as one of the better midfields by the end of the year imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't actually see the game but it's nice to finally break the hoodoo. Hopefully the MRP gods are kind and Sloane isn't suspended for what looked like an unintentional bump.

Btw, that free for in the back brought back memories of the 'high contact' free against Thompson a couple of years ago where he lightly brushed a couple of fingers across the guy's shoulder..

I don't think he played AFL in QLD though, he started playing AFL when his family moved to WA as there was no league clubs there.
Pretty sure he started playing at Marist (where he had been playing rugby) and was seen as a natural. Never played club footy up here though.

I'm tired of these Mackay comments. He has been one of our few run n carry guys for last few years. I go to every game and he covers an unbelievable amount of ground. Not all players can be the same , it's about a balance of players that offer something different. I rate him and you couch potatoes you border on online bullying. Get a life and let it go

Yeah. I am with you on this. I think people get confused about average and shit. Mackay is never as bad as people say, but he is just a limited footballer. He wasn't the game winner today either. Another hyperbole. He has been best 22 or thereabouts for the last couple of years. We are now - finally - at a stage where we may have players that prove themselves worthy of pushing him out. I am talking Knight, Milera & Menzel. When everybody is fit, there will be a squeeze and I think Mackay could be the one that makes way. But full credit to the man. He seems to know this pressure is on and he performs when his spot is on the line.

Didn't actually see the game but it's nice to finally break the hoodoo. Hopefully the MRP gods are kind and Sloane isn't suspended for what looked like an unintentional bump.

Btw, that free for in the back brought back memories of the 'high contact' free against Thompson a couple of years ago where he lightly brushed a couple of fingers across the guy's shoulder..
You'd be filthy if Sloane copped a week for an untintentional bump, while Miles purposely throwing his elbows into Jenkins ribs is let go.

Young and inexperienced. Thats prolly the main weakness, can be inconsistent and the bodies aren't hardened enough so drop off a bit at end of season.

What bullying, dickhead? If you were a half regular poster on this board you'd know I'm borderline functioning alcoholic and this question was legit. Get off your ridiculous soapbox and enjoy a ducking good win cobber :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back