• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• James Borlase

• Reilly O'Brien

• Mark Keane

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I
How does Nicks being a meek little bitch help the club? Why is it so hard to call a spade a spade?

I wish Walsh were still alive. He'd have given them a spray.
It doesn't help the club. You know who will get stuff done over this? Other clubs who are affected by it. Grow a pair Nicks.

Last edited:

Laird has been likely carrying something all year. Still tries his guts out though.
Laird’s shoulder is hanging by a thread, will be straight into surgery in a fortnight. Considering he’s carrying that on top of a prior rib injury some of the crap he’s copped since the bye has been a little uncalled for given those issues, sure you can argue if he wasn’t being a little selfish/if the club didn’t have the short term vision blinkers on he wouldn’t/shouldn’t have been playing but every club does it with their quality senior players.

Just on the Crouch/Laird dynamic no question Laird has had to accommodate Crouch and sacrificed a lot of his usual strengths such as clearances and first distribution possessions that Crouch has taken over and stuffed his own stat sheet with.

We have a big issue when Tex is surrounded of defenders. We need other options to present when that happens. Instead we bomb it in to him and he does nothing.
The fruitless chase towards the Coleman medal hurt us as a team. We became far too Tex focussed, and also missed opportunities to manage him.

Pedlar can’t play a full game, he is absolutely gassed in the 2nd half if he starts. Did you see his shot on goal late last week? Couldn’t make the distance from 45, not something he struggles with when fresh. Needs another big pre season to build the fitness base (Rachele can join him too) and hopefully push to play at least 2/3rds of a game in the midfield in 2024.

and yet averages 10% more TOG than Sloane. We seem happy to add pressure to other mid/fwds to cover Sloane's clear deficiencies, but not a kid developing his tank and how to best use it at the level.

The fruitless chase towards the Coleman medal hurt us as a team. We became far too Tex focussed, and also missed opportunities to manage him.
Fog and Thilthorpe need to lift their game and give him some support. McAdam has supported him recently. When Thilthorpe lined up for goal I knew he would miss. The Fogarty miss was even worse. The Rachele miss, it barely scored a point.

I've never used the stuff, but I am genuinely curious about how much you'd put on to be able to grip and hold the ball + dispose of it/drop it effectively.
Obviously personal preference, trial and error for what you felt worked, I know some just like with the gloves hated the grippo’s effect on their ball drop (I tried gloves too but were way too sweaty) and some didn’t like it during wet games but for someone like myself with the garbage crap I played and starting late in my teens and had poor kicking habits from when I was a kid so I liked having a low ball drop with lots of control and unfortunately my hands naturally never provided the grip on the ball I preferred.

Interesting bringing it back to Ben Keays he was also a late-ish starter and played a lot of soccer growing up so while some of those ball skills do translate well over to Australian Rules some others do lead to some things not being natural to you and you can see that get exaggerated/take effect more prevalently in more slippery conditions with him.

Last edited:
AFL stood down the goal umpire for the rest of the year, Gil will say it should have been called a mistake, umpire made an error and that's the end of it.

outside of deliberate cheating, there's really nothing more to it. I don't personally like the game stopping to review points because it impacts the fast play advantage that teams are meant to get. The only solution to avoid human error/deliberate cheating is to review all points. Which will either stop the fast play or have the play called back after 30 seconds or so of play has occurred. I'd be happy with that, not sure I'd be in the majority though. And where does it stop? Why aren't we reviewing every decision so we eliminate all umpire errors that the footage can correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't watch the last Qtr ....I couldn't after the first 3 Qtrs of crap

Sorry, the last Qtr doesn't bring any redemption

Too slow in the midfield ! .....exposing a very inexperienced DEF

And SYD are not a quick side ....but quick enough for our MID's ....Sloane selection error was obvious, the strategy didn't work .....Crouch & Sloane back to their usual

What I did notice, was the strength of Laird has been in his speed within 2 mtrs of the ball .....last night for the first time, he looked to have lost that #1 wood of his

can you explain what you think the Sloane and crouch strategy that failed was? Beat their mids with experience points?

RT really needs to harden up if he's ever going to be the player he should be with his talent base.

He does. Looked really meek last night

Putting down to zero confidence last few weeks - after kicking 17-3 has missed his last 6 set shots

Possibly just drained after a very long year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So who was the goal umpire? They are usually fairly unknown but on this occasion given that it was clearly a mistake (not even a 'close' mistake) and he didn't call for a review when blind freddy could see the decsion should have been reviewed and the Swans called back to the goal square, I'd like to ensure he's not a closet Swans supporter/member. His suspension is not only correct but should be extended into next season. A one game suspenion is not enough.

Fog and Thilthorpe need to lift their game and give him some support. McAdam has supported him recently. When Thilthorpe lined up for goal I knew he would miss. The Fogarty miss was even worse. The Rachele miss, it barely scored a point.
Yep McAdam has been our clear best 2nd forward aerially

Fog and TT need to do more

We can’t afford to lose Tex and McAdam

So who was the goal umpire? They are usually fairly unknown but on this occasion given that it was clearly a mistake (not even a 'close' mistake) and he didn't call for a review when blind freddy could see the decsion should have been reviewed and the Swans called back to the goal square, I'd like to ensure he's not a closet Swans supporter/member. His suspension is not only correct but should be extended into next season. A one game suspenion is not enough.
Crows supporter

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Sydney

Back