Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Well from this photo, at least we can say for certain that Campbell, Blakey, McAndrew, Rampe & Vickery will be in our selected 23 for the GF. Gonna be really interesting to see who gets the other 18 spots.

View attachment 2120251
Great experience prepping for a grand final no matter what happens from here for them.

Lions home at 2am Sunday, key players out to Brownlow, then they fly out to Melbourne on Wednesday.

Also had a Covided Geelong breathing on them all game.

Been travelling for 3 weeks straight.

2 massive comebacks in physical and emotional encounters.

I like opposition tired players.

Tired players make us look fast.

Fast players win premierships.

Swans will win the premiership.

QED.

I’d take our 6 all day. That’s just me.

Rayner is average, hes played a handful of good games in what 4 years? More?
Dunkley is average these days, Neale is a wonderful player Cameron and Daniher, absolutely not trusting them on grand final day.

nah, rayner at his best is outstanding, as he shows from time to time ... but that's always been his problem, he's flaky and can go missing ... hipwood the same (although rayner's best is far better than hipwood's)
and daniher is another with questions marks, especially if he's required in the ruck more than usual
payne is a great player but under an injury cloud, and lester has been around for a while, and been pretty good, but we'll see how their defence holds up against all the forward options we have, not to mention our midfield scoring threats
i think our forwards will prove more unpredictable and more potent than geelong's did the other night once cameron was shown up

I’d take our 6 all day. That’s just me.

Rayner is average, hes played a handful of good games in what 4 years? More?
Dunkley is average these days, Neale is a wonderful player Cameron and Daniher, absolutely not trusting them on grand final day.

See I see it the other way round.

Rayner - Stands up in key moments, absolute fire starter.
Neale close to the best player in the league
McLuggage one of the best players in the league
Cameron and Daniher, both stand up in big matches, were great on grand final day last year.
Dunkley shuts down an opposition player, provides pressure and gets the ball out himself.

Would be close to if not the best small group of players in the competition (Similar to us)

nah, rayner at his best is outstanding, as he shows from time to time ... but that's always been his problem, he's flaky and can go missing ... hipwood the same (although rayner's best is far better than hipwood's)
and daniher is another with questions marks, especially if he's required in the ruck more than usual
payne is a great player but under an injury cloud, and lester has been around for a while, and been pretty good, but we'll see how their defence holds up against all the forward options we have, not to mention our midfield scoring threats
i think our forwards will prove more unpredictable and more potent than geelong's did the other night once cameron was shown up
Yeah not saying Rayners best isn’t really good because it is. But if I were to bet if he was going to show up for the big dance, I’d be confident i’d be dancing alone.

I wonder if Horse will be looking at Adams for a potential match-up on Neale. Worked well last time.

I have been wondering about this as well.

Adam's also has stood up in finals before.

Would be left field but Fox out, Adams in and Campbell to sub could work well.

See I see it the other way round.

Rayner - Stands up in key moments, absolute fire starter.
Neale close to the best player in the league
McLuggage one of the best players in the league
Cameron and Daniher, both stand up in big matches, were great on grand final day last year.
Dunkley shuts down an opposition player, provides pressure and gets the ball out himself.

Would be close to if not the best small group of players in the competition (Similar to us)
I could point to countless times all those players shit the bed when it mattered.
Same with our games to an extent to be fair but there’s a reason Lions have fallen over time again with this playing group when it mattered.
Why do you think they missed the top 4?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been wondering about this as well.

Adam's also has stood up in finals before.

Would be left field but Fox out, Adams in and Campbell to sub could work well.
IMO it wouldn't be that left field at all, we haven't really had an answer for Neale in recent years, and we found one with the joint effort of Adams & Parker in round 19. Choosing not to go with that would almost be the left field option!

Of course it all depends on Mills' availability...

IMO it wouldn't be that left field at all, we haven't really had an answer for Neale in recent years, and we found one with the joint effort of Adams & Parker in round 19. Choosing not to go with that would almost be the left field option!

tbh i think its a no brainer bringing Adams in, suits the matchup. And you can take it to the bank he'll be going full pelt

Wait, we’re not only at Tuesday surely?? I didn’t believe my phone when I woke up and saw that. How is the game still FIVE DAYS AWAY.

1727148748477.gif

I could point to countless times all those players shit the bed when it mattered.
Same with our games to an extent to be fair but there’s a reason Lions have fallen over time again with this playing group when it mattered.
Why do you think they missed the top 4?

They could point to examples with our players as well.

Remember they have won 13 of their last 15. They have class all over the ground.

Lions home at 2am Sunday, key players out to Brownlow, then they fly out to Melbourne on Wednesday.

Also had a Covided Geelong breathing on them all game.

Been travelling for 3 weeks straight.

2 massive comebacks in physical and emotional encounters.

I like opposition tired players.

Tired players make us look fast.

Fast players win premierships.

Swans will win the premiership.

QED.

Think they like it crazy they will be ready to go, if we are lazy they will pounce

If Mills is out , this will be unpopular but I'd bring Adams in , drop Fox and make Campbell sub.

Then send Adams to Neale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back