AFL Grand Final Grand Final Jinx: What Fan Habits Keep Costing Us the Win?

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s been one week since the Swans lost the grand final. It’s time to shift the blame where it truly belongs: on us, the fans!

Share your ridiculous superstitions and unfortunate rituals that might have jinxed our team. Did you wear those blue socks again? Did you travel solo but only win when going with a friend? Do they only win when you watch on TV and not when you attend in person?

Let’s place the blame squarely on us, the fans, and don’t take it too hard on yourself because this game won’t define us

It’s been one week since the Swans lost the grand final. It’s time to shift the blame where it truly belongs: on us, the fans!

Share your ridiculous superstitions and unfortunate rituals that might have jinxed our team. Did you wear those blue socks again? Did you travel solo but only win when going with a friend? Do they only win when you watch on TV and not when you attend in person?

Let’s place the blame squarely on us, the fans, and don’t take it too hard on yourself because this game won’t define us
I've attended two grand finals. The last two.

This year I went to the underwhelming Eagles game, the Port annihilation at AO and the GF. I missed the Crows win (at AO) and Amartey's 9 goals (after being a consistent defender of his, spewing).

But I did see us win twice last year, so not sure it's all on me.

Had the wife attend this year as she’s only been to 2005 and 2012 GFs so was certain she was the lucky charm. Only diff this time is we have kids and they came too.
It’s the kids fault.
Please leave the kids at home next time. This won't define you as parents.

I've attended two grand finals. The last two.

This year I went to the underwhelming Eagles game, the Port annihilation at AO and the GF. I missed the Crows win (at AO) and Amartey's 9 goals (after being a consistent defender of his, spewing).

But I did see us win twice last year, so not sure it's all on me.

This won't define you, but perhaps watch on tv.

The lady next to me clapping Brisbane goals jinxed us imo
Position yourself next to a swans fan. If it was a swans fan clapping, then the result is on you. Don't let it define you, it was just another game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i sat in my lucky chair, had my beer sitting in its lucky spot, i had on my lucky jersey, i did not wear a hat or place a bet on the game as they are both bad luck.. but i did have over a mate that i have never watched a game with before.. i’m so sorry guys, that might have been it, my mate might have wrecked our golden juju.

Okay it's time to fess up - it really was all my fault 😭

Last year when I was in Japan, we visited a Shinto temple and the idea is that you purchase a lucky charm and make a wish and keep that charm with you always.
Well no prize for guessing what my wish was and I tied the charm to my favourite handbag. That bag and I are usually inseparable and it came to every game, bar one - the dishlickers game, so I was pretty happy with my work!
Fast forward to the GF and I made the big call - don't take the handbag, with my reasoning being that it will get in my way when I'm crazily celebrating after the game.....

So there you go guys, I'm soooooooo sorry 😔

Okay it's time to fess up - it really was all my fault 😭

Last year when I was in Japan, we visited a Shinto temple and the idea is that you purchase a lucky charm and make a wish and keep that charm with you always.
Well no prize for guessing what my wish was and I tied the charm to my favourite handbag. That bag and I are usually inseparable and it came to every game, bar one - the dishlickers game, so I was pretty happy with my work!
Fast forward to the GF and I made the big call - don't take the handbag, with my reasoning being that it will get in my way when I'm crazily celebrating after the game.....

So there you go guys, I'm soooooooo sorry 😔

Was it a nice handbag?

Searched for the scene in the movie The Other Sister where they said Olive juice instead
Of I love you as a friend kept
Asking why I signed off Olive Juice in my emails. Well I did this in 2006 to kill time on the day and I couldn’t find it on YouTube so always felt I caused that loss.

So found it
This time round. It didn’t work.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final Grand Final Jinx: What Fan Habits Keep Costing Us the Win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back