Mod. Notice Grand Final Tickets - Buy/Swap/Sell (Strictly Swans Supporters Only, READ OP BEFORE POSTING)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

I would love to get another priority 3 ticket and just try to get to the game. Have been a long time swans fan but never had the chance to go to a granny so would really love to.

I've got a membership but would love to bring my wife along. So if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

I know I haven't posted much but have been a bf member for a few years now and I'm always on the site reading

Hello Members,
I'm a Sydney based fan, looking for two barcodes.
Heading down with my brother...Flights are booked, all good to go....now just need 2 barcodes.
Would love to get to the big game. Would appreciate any help.
Thanks heaps.
What are peoples thoughts on allocations? Do you think cat1 and cat2 will definitely get tickets? I have cat 2 and am reasonably confident, but feel sorry for the cat3 members who will potentially be jumped in queue by people such as the above who joined BF today.

Be sensible guys, long time BF posters fair enough, but in helping out people like this, you are potentially pushing them in front of a member.

What are peoples thoughts on allocations? Do you think cat1 and cat2 will definitely get tickets? I have cat 2 and am reasonably confident, but feel sorry for the cat3 members who will potentially be jumped in queue by people such as the above who joined BF today.

Be sensible guys, long time BF posters fair enough, but in helping out people like this, you are potentially pushing them in front of a member.

As we said in the opening post, this thread is for people who happen to have a spare membership that they aren't using to help out others who may need one, only if they choose to do so.

It's up to the person who has the spare to decide what they want to do with it, but of course we recommend they deal with people they know or long time posters.

Category 1 are guaranteed to get grand final tickets if we make it, Category 2 maybe a 70-80% chance of getting tickets.

Last edited:
What are peoples thoughts on allocations? Do you think cat1 and cat2 .

Category 1 yes - thats the whole point of paying the extra to get into Category 1. Some Cat 2 will miss out I reckon. Good chance of getting one in Cat 2, gonna guess 70% will get lucky.

As we said in the opening post, this thread is for people who happen to have a spare membership that they aren't using to help out others who may need one, only if they choose to do so.

It's up to the person who has the spare to decide what they want to do with it, but of course we recommend they deal with people they know or long time posters.

Category 1 are guaranteed to get grand final tickets if we make it, Category 2 maybe a 70-80% chance of getting tickets.
Of course mate its a free world, but for every cat2 bar-code given away, another member misses out. If there were as many tickets as members this exercise would make sense to me. I cant see why one member would want screw another to give a random a ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course mate its a free world, but for every cat2 bar-code given away, another member misses out. If there were as many tickets as members this exercise would make sense to me. I cant see why one member would want screw another to give a random a ticket.

Understand, we can only do our best to make sure that as many tickets end up with club members as possible.

Last edited:
Bonz or RW

Please add in that I'm giving up my barcode in the OP. It's Concession. I will give it to ntomby if there are no requests from bigfooty regulars by mid tomorrow/evening.

Bonz or RW

Please add in that I'm giving up my barcode in the OP. It's Concession. I will give it to ntomby if there are no requests from bigfooty regulars by mid tomorrow/evening.

Bonz already has, cheers

Thanks Vonn. Much appreciated.
Welcome. Just out of curiosity - how does it work if only your son has Cat 2 and you guys have a different Cat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome. Just out of curiosity - how does it work if only your son has Cat 2 and you guys have a different Cat?
Main thing is for both of us to get through the gate. So certainly 1 more cat 2 before cut-off would be appreciated so we can book at same time. He is only 9 years old so more than happy for him to share my seat on day or us even to move to standing area.

Main thing is for both of us to get through the gate. So certainly 1 more cat 2 before cut-off would be appreciated so we can book at same time. He is only 9 years old so more than happy for him to share my seat on day or us even to move to standing area.

If you have Cat 3 though, doesn't that mean it's very hard for you to get tickets so your son would be going alone?

If you have Cat 3 though, doesn't that mean it's very hard for you to get tickets so your son would be going alone?
If I can't get the additional 1 that we need via either another barcode or my cat 3, then I will have to buy one official package from AFL. Certainly can't afford 2 of those though...

Good work with the rules Bonz it really was a shame how bad it was on here for the 2012 GF, ruins it for everyone else. But it's good priority is given to those who've been the most active and long serving members on BigFooty, but i hope every red and white fan gets to go too (assuming we make it)!
Yeah absolutely I remember seeing that. At least swansfan51 and I were able to get tickets off of legend166

Unfortunately for me, I'm only a priority 3 member and the only swans supporter in my family. My girlfriend is a crows supporter but I've got her wearing a swans guernsey and scarf now at the games! I've followed the swans for about 10 years now since moving to Aus from England. I stepped it up this year and made it to 21 AFL games, 7 of them being Swans games (it gets expensive traveling too much). I would love to top this year off with going to the grand final but I'm not sure if it'll go through to priority 3 members, and if it does, and I did get a ticket I'll be heading to Melbourne on my own. Would love to be able to bring my girlfriend along!

I wish the club had some package where Country members could pay a little extra to get guaranteed Grand Final tickets. I know you can buy the full club membership which I have in previous years but living 1200km from Sydney and 900 from Melbourne it's hard to get to enough games.

Ag
I wish the club had some package where Country members could pay a little extra to get guaranteed Grand Final tickets. I know you can buy the full club membership which I have in previous years but living 1200km from Sydney and 900 from Melbourne it's hard to get to enough games.
Yep, same for interstate members. But to be fair to Swans this is the same for all clubs.

I can vouch for NRLConvert as I work with him. I myself have a family membership and going down and told him he may have a chance for an extra barcode or 2 on here. I don't post much but read lots here but rather than me coming on here and pretending to want them I told him to do it. Anyway, we will see how things go.

On the allocation, do you think that all tickets will get allocated? From memory in 2012, there were still quite a few of the swans allocated tickets available after the ballot. I know a Swans/Hawks GF would be more salivating now than it was back then but time will tell as to how many members will cough up the dough to get down there.

Not sure if it's permitted but u could buy a Vic membership. Will cost under 200 and you get all Vic games and 3 Sydney ones if u want to attend throughout the season and then u also get a very good chance of attending the GF. Maybe something worth considering in seasons where u think we're a strong chance.

I don't meet the minimum 200 posts requirement but as you can see I have been a lurker and member of this forum for quite a while now. A legitimate Sydney supporter who was lucky enough to attend the 05, 06 and 12 Grand Finals. I had a membership last year but my MCC came through last September but being restricted I don't have Grand Final access rights.

Would love 2 cat 2 or cat 1 bar codes for me and my old man to head along if you aren't able to make it, would be very much appreciated. We would be loud and proud supporting the swannies!

Still keen to try and get in to the ballot if anyone knows of any other avenues (though I am sure everyone would be using them if they knew of them!). Not sure where else would be good to ask around for this kind of thing as most people on BigFooty would be doing all they can to get there I imagine!

Hey Guys,

Because we have to put in our allocations for Grand Final tickets this week we thought we would start up a thread with a place for members to request barcodes and potentially tickets (if we make it that far).

I will create a list on this post for any posters that need a barcode or ticket to the game (the list will prioritise posters who have the most posts and have been a member of BigFooty for the longest).

A couple of rules.

1. Eligible posters must have at least 200 posts and have been a member of BigFooty for at least 6 months.
2. Financial members of the Sydney Swans Football Club will be given priority, though if you have a valid reason for not having a club membership (e.g. living interstate/overseas) you can still be eligible.
3. If you happen to have a spare barcode, what you choose to do with your extra barcode is entirely up to you, but we strongly suggest you follow the list order and/or stick to people that you know.
4. Barcodes can not be sold (only donated) and if we make the Grand Final, tickets must be sold at face value (If you scalp tickets for higher than face value, you will be banned).
5. I will not be going to Elsternwick Station on the morning of the Grand Final to recover Grand Final tickets sold to Hawks fans again.

If you have an spare barcode/ticket post in this thread and I will add your name to this post.

Members in need of Barcodes/Tickets

1. swansfan51 (Member since 2007, 5500 posts, From WA).
2. Cheer Red Blood (Member since 2003, 3000 posts, From Vic)
3. Costanza_ (Member since 2008, 4200 posts, Has an membership but is looking for one for his best friend, provided evidence of membership)
4. Refried Noodle (Member since 2005, 2000 posts, Category 3 membership)
5. Swansujelly (Member since 2009, 3000 posts, from NSW, Category 3 membership).
6. MaccaKnowsBest (Member since 2008, 1000 posts, From SA).
7. ntomby (Member since 2012, less than 200 posts, From SA, Category 3 membership (Has shown proof of membership).
8. Tommy221987 (Member since 2012, less than 200 posts, from the country, Category 3 membership).

Members who have spare or have given Barcodes/ Tickets

Thanks for reading and GO SWANS!!!

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-08/grand-final-ticketing-info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back