Greenwood eligible for RS nom?

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the rules were, must be under 21 and have played under 25 games? correct me if im wrong DP, but they were the rules several years ago....dunno if theyve changed :D
From the NAB site.

The NAB AFL Rising Star was instituted in 1993 to recognise and encourage talented young players in the AFL and is now recognised as one of the leagues most prestigious and sought after awards.

To be eligible, nominees must have played no more than 10 AFL games at the start of the season, and must be under 21 years of age as at 1 January of that year. After each AFL Home & Away round, a player is nominated for the award and at the end of the AFL season. The all-Australian selection panel then chooses the winner from these nominees.

Interesting comments about him on the main board. Apparently he's an early developer and will be done by age 25 and we should trade him...

Interesting comments about him on the main board. Apparently he's an early developer and will be done by age 25 and we should trade him...

There is a lot of fear on the main board, you have the bradburys, the over-hyped, the tankers all worried that their party is soon to be gate crashed, again.

Greenwood was absolutely amazing all day yesterday. So much will to just keep going and driving the ball. Unbelievably Gutsy and skillful stuff. Absolute warrior.

I have a new favourite player

Thankfully Cunnington and Bastinac were both on the ground to witness these feats.

He was fairly big bodied for a draftee but took his time to grow into his body and we all remember how it took him a while to get used to the pace of the game. Now he is at the stage when he has a good mix of strength and pace so it's all just begining to happen for him.

It's absolute rubbish about him being an early developer.

It's official: Levi is an avid reader of BF. Almost word for word from a few threads back

From Facebook today:

“I’ll be working on my kicking and my vision and getting a bit more composure with the ball. Sometimes I just blaze away when I get around 60-70m. I just need to spot up the targets.”

Pleases me no end to read this, stocks would skyrocket if he nails this aspect of his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was fairly big bodied for a draftee but took his time to grow into his body and we all remember how it took him a while to get used to the pace of the game. Now he is at the stage when he has a good mix of strength and pace so it's all just begining to happen for him.

It's absolute rubbish about him being an early developer.

He has actually trimmed down somewhat. I recall that he was listed at or arund the 91kg mark when he arrived at the club but is now listed at 85kg's. Perhaps he realised that as an AFL midfielder his extra bulk was a hindrance to his ability to run harder for longer.

Absolute gun in the making and a contested football animal of the highest order.
I remember when he was struggling under Laids he was believed to be keen to return to Adelaide. Thank heavens he got another go late last year.
I also remember when many on here were doubting him, and a couple of people who had seen him in the SANFL were adamant he would become a very, very good player despite an indifferent start to his career. They were on the money.
Like Patch Adams, Levi has not played much football but has become a vital cog in a short space of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greenwood eligible for RS nom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back