Hale for Giansiracusa?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hale is worth around pick 6-14 in todays current market, gia, as much as I like him, isnt worth close to that.

Melbourne would be another club to look at, apart from White, they have very slim pickings.

Essendons and St Kilda's first rounders are probably fair value for Hale, if the trade ever arose.

Colin Sylvia.....Lets do that trade. Both teams benefit

Quote from Bulldogs site:
"Despite missing eight weeks of 2006 with hamstring problems, brought up his 100th game for the Bulldogs and produced several standout performances rotating through half-forward and the midfield. Proving his class and versatility, he racked up 36 possessions against Port Adelaide in round seven, and booted four goals on top of his 25 touches against Essendon in round 22."

Theres one example fyi

Fair enough. I suppose his 22 games 100% record this year means he's worth more then Daniel Wells? Cause he's pretty injury prone ya know!;)

Colin Sylvia.....Lets do that trade. Both teams benefit

Except we lose a player in our first 18 for a player maybe in our first 25.

I could understand if we traded someone in the latter stages of their career for a younger player, however these two are of similar age groups.

I have seen Colin play alot more than most, he was one of the most dominant juniors to come through the system. Im just not sure if he can do the same thing on an AFL field.

As I said, Sylvia, although a top 5 pick, wouldnt demand a pick in the area of 6-14 now, as Hale would.

Sylvia & Melbourne's second round pick --> Hale.

Maybe.

Everyone pull their head in, you have to be insane to consider trading Hale. Teams are built around big men.

Why the hell would we want blokes like Sylvia and Gia.

Why Why Why

Who is our backup ruckman behind McIntosh? Moran? a non natural footballer whos played 3 games in two year and Goldstein, some bloke playing in the Magoos who never picked up a football until two years ago.

Trading of Hale would be the most insane thing ever to happen and thats why it won't. happen.

You people are on drugs.

Seriously.

Completely mad.

Mad I say.

Mad

Except we lose a player in our first 18 for a player maybe in our first 25.

I could understand if we traded someone in the latter stages of their career for an older player, however these two are of similar age groups.

I have seen Colin play alot more than most, he was one of the most dominant juniors to come through the system. Im just not sure if he can do the same thing on an AFL field.

As I said, Sylvia, although a top 5 pick, wouldnt demand a pick in the area of 6-14 now, as Hale would.

Sylvia & Melbourne's second round pick --> Hale.

Maybe.

Yeah, thats fair....I wasnt meaning to state it was a straight swap, just that I think Colin could be a great addition to our side, and the same with Hale at the Dees. I watched Colin live all last preaseason for researching my dreamteam and he was a jet. I trully believe Melbourne dont use him well on the ground.

I am not completely against trading Hale. It would have to be a sensational offer, it would have to be for a midfielder of outstanding quality or excellent picks.

But **** me, Giansiracusa is rubbish. He is soft, poorly skilled, one way runner, makes poor decisions and is coming off a rubbish year. Dogs fans I know hate him.

Horrendous thread.

I am not completely against trading Hale. It would have to be a sensational offer, it would have to be for a midfielder of outstanding quality or excellent picks.

But **** me, Giansiracusa is rubbish. He is soft, poorly skilled, one way runner, makes poor decisions and is coming off a rubbish year. Dogs fans I know hate him.

Horrendous thread.

I agree.

He's not even a serious midfielder. He's an outside forward if you can be such a thing and Bulldog friends of mine reckon he's a frontrunner.

No thanks and certainly not for Hale. That would be a joke and the laugh would be on us.

With the lack of qualitiy ruckmen and talls Hale is worth a first rounder and a swap of second round picks (to our advantage) as a bare minimum.

Collingwood, Dogs, Saints, Carlton, Ricmond, Hawthorn, Melb would all have interest in Hale.

Nows the time to trade a big man as there value is high at the moment.

I think Hale will be an excellent player, but we could afford to trade him with back ups in Petrie, Goldstein and Moran.

Surley Hale is worth Richmond second pick or Carltons third.

Go Roos:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Higgins is a future capatin of our club possibly.. Hale to your club is what? Tradebait?

Higgins is a star. Alot of Cousins about him. Well onfield resembulance.

I wouldn't trade Hale straight up for Higgins regardless.

He shouldn't be trade bait - became a very important part of the team after a shaky start to the season, is young, versatile and tall.

stupid, hale is good get rid of goldstein i reckon and just keep hale, Mcintosh and moran we dont need any more midfielders we need to get simpson out of there and get some younger midfielders cause they wont develop if they cant get a go...Leigh Brown or Shannon Watt has to go one or the other

stupid, hale is good get rid of goldstein i reckon and just keep hale, Mcintosh and moran
Brilliant. Another 19 year old who has simply run out of chances :rolleyes:

we dont need any more midfielders
:D

Leigh Brown or Shannon Watt has to go one or the other
Yeah look it's a tough one. One had yet another good, largely unappreciated and underrated year, and the other one is Leigh Brown. No brainer.

Brilliant. Another 19 year old who has simply run out of chances :rolleyes:

:D

Yeah look it's a tough one. One had yet another good, largely unappreciated and underrated year, and the other one is Leigh Brown. No brainer.

yes goldstein is ok but we don't need ruckmen watt i like aswell had a good year but hasn't got the body and i don't want to see firrito at fullback i want to see him where he belongs in the middle or on the wing

im not saying he isn't good but we don't need anymore ruckmen goldstien or moran i dont care but dont chuck away hale and McIntosh

Sorry Higgins is a future capatin of our club possibly.. Hale to your club is what? Tradebait?

Higgins is a star. Alot of Cousins about him. Well onfield resembulance.

was merely saying higgins is what we need. young with pace and skill. keep in mind its only BF posters saying hale is trade bait, and after a frustrating finals exit. also remember that hale was taken earlier in the draft than higgins. but as i said i wouldn't trade hale - a 23year old ruck/forward, who's going to be coming into his prime over the next few years.

ultimate_roo said:
watt i like aswell had a good year but hasn't got the body and i don't want to see firrito at fullback i want to see him where he belongs in the middle or on the wing

How is getting rid of Watt going to help Firrito's chances of going back into the midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hale for Giansiracusa?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back