Opinion Has the world ended

Remove this Banner Ad

PIVOTAL moment... when you were 3 or 4 points down had all the ascendency and Hill got the ball just outside the 50 and instead of being composed and hitting up a target he just bombed away and gave them possession..they took it up the other end it was a two goal game again and pretty much done.

huge moment.
Or the time that Pearce got a crucial holding the ball tackle and then kicked across goals to Barlow except it didn't reach him.

Chris Mayne should have being dropped in the H &A season.

Sorry but playing 1 qtr doesn't cut it, the drop off from the previous year is ridiculous. Turned into an absolute spud this season and was basically in the team to just pressure act?

Sorry but playing 1 qtr doesn't cut it, the drop off from the previous year is ridiculous. Turned into an absolute spud this season and was basically in the team to just pressure act?
Agreed, but basically no one to put pressure on him to force him out of the side and take his place.

No.

Taberner going down forced Mayne to play as the second tall.

if you read my comments at the game day thread before having a go at me for offering my opinion about the AFL that i've held all year, you'd realise i wasn't blaming the umpiring for this loss. but you obviously think the AFL is perfect, so here, have a rainbow. :rainbow:

Hard as it may be for you to believe, I don't seek out your posts in every thread hoping to understand your world view.
The post I responded to was you having one long whinge about how we are victims of some giant AFL conspiracy.
I found this pretty strange, when we just got comprehensively outplayed in a home final.
But if it makes you feel better to think that we are really a premiership team being held back by the nasty AFL, rather than facing the truth, go for it.

Hard as it may be for you to believe, I don't seek out your posts in every thread hoping to understand your world view.
The post I responded to was you having one long whinge about how we are victims of some giant AFL conspiracy.
I found this pretty strange, when we just got comprehensively outplayed in a home final.
But if it makes you feel better to think that we are really a premiership team being held back by the nasty AFL, rather than facing the truth, go for it.

here have more rainbows! :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

No.

Taberner going down forced Mayne to play as the second tall.

Everyone knows Mayne has being absolute shit this year, just about every lost patience with him. A forward that doesn't kick goals, has no place in the team and his pressure has being off this year as well. Balla rose this year, but players like Mayne have gone backwards.

Everyone knows Mayne has being absolute shit this year, just about every lost patience with him. A forward that doesn't kick goals, has no place in the team and his pressure has being off this year as well. Balla rose this year, but players like Mayne have gone backwards.

Mayne's form improved when Taberner came in.

I always thought we'd do well to get up tonight. Once the game started though, and when I saw how on we were as a team, my mood changed. Really should have won it in the first half where we dominated when it mattered .... but for ****s sake we couldn't put the scoreboard pressure on.

Then we just needed to hold up for the first stage of the 3rd quater and the game would have slowed down to our pace and then we're still in with a good chance. But Port structured up to run through us and we couldn't hold them.

As for the season overall ... I actually reckon our best is better this year than last. We're structured well, we are well organised both ways, especially in the second half of the season when we started attacking better. But we were also more inconsistent, especially amongst our 'second tier' as has been mentioned, plus a lot and injury/suspensions at the wrong time too. Because of that I have hope - I reckon our top form is premiership quality, just need to have it humming more consistently and at the right time of the year.

EDIT: Sorry weird duplicate post thing going on here.

i never said we lost because of some AFL conspiracy, thanks for misinterpreting my post completely. but if you don't think we get a short shrift from the MRP because our guys wear our jumper as opposed to ones who wear others, good on ya. and much as you don't care about my world view, best you just put me on ignore as i will you. thanks for playing. happy not to know you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entered this weird zen-like lethargy after half time since the match was already gone by then in my mind despite the 4 goal lead. Danyle Pearce's goal broke that lethargy though before kicked the last x goals. Sonny's third term was pretty special too I guess as was FYfe's first.

Mayne's recent form has been very good though and he was one of our best tonight IMO, I'd be taking potshots at a squib like Clarke before Mayne.

Loath as I am to do this but Pav had a rare poor final, hands were good but had to nail the straightforward shots he had.

Entered this weird zen-like lethargy after half time since the match was already gone by then in my mind despite the 4 goal lead. Danyle Pearce's goal broke that lethargy though before kicked the last x goals. Sonny's third term was pretty special too I guess as was FYfe's first.

Mayne's recent form has been very good though and he was one of our best tonight IMO, I'd be taking potshots at a squib like Clarke before Mayne.

Loath as I am to do this but Pav had a rare poor final, hands were good but had to nail the straightforward shots he had.

Mayne's work-rate was, as you'd expect, right up there and he on more than one occasion gave us important control when we needed it and provided options for our back half to kick to. Besides missing his chance to kick a goal (no orphan there), his game was OK for mine.

Clark was horrible, and I'm not just complaining about his on the ball stuff - he needed to work much harder, in fact he looked completely spent when we needed him to be pushing back hard into defence in that 2nd half. I know it's tough on him, but he really needs to put in big time this off-season, keep himself out of stupid mischief (injury) so he can contribute properly. He's athletic which is a start, but that wont cut it at this level.

I'm not sure I'd go as far to say Pav was poor (might if I get to a replay). I though he did what he had to ... yeah, except nail those goals. He presented well, was a contributor, defended well by his standards, I'd give him a barely pass mark.

Duffy, Crozier, Taberner all will develop over preseason, adds a bit to the forward line. A few recruits hopefully better than this year and trying to keep the vets fit.

I won't be surprised if Ross walks to be honest.
Over-reaction much?

Sheesh, take a pill.

As I mentioned in another thread earlier in the week - there would be no shame losing to Port. They are the genuine article and will either run hawthorn very close or actually knock them over next week. We have limped into this finals series and the footy gods have not been kind in the last few weeks. I agree some hard decisions may need to be looked at with regard to our list management. I've long felt that Clarke was not ever going to be a top class ruckman and his performance in pressure games (not just finals) is poor. I have seen Apeness just twice but it was enough to convince me that he has that bit of mongrel that will see him succeed either up forward or in the ruck. Did think our match committee may have pulled the wrong rein by inserting Tabs ahead of him for this last month.
We finished about where we deserved this season but I think there is improvement yet to come.

That is all.

Mayne's work-rate was, as you'd expect, right up there and he on more than one occasion gave us important control when we needed it and provided options for our back half to kick to. Besides missing his chance to kick a goal (no orphan there), his game was OK for mine.

Clark was horrible, and I'm not just complaining about his on the ball stuff - he needed to work much harder, in fact he looked completely spent when we needed him to be pushing back hard into defence in that 2nd half. I know it's tough on him, but he really needs to put in big time this off-season, keep himself out of stupid mischief (injury) so he can contribute properly. He's athletic which is a start, but that wont cut it at this level.

I'm not sure I'd go as far to say Pav was poor (might if I get to a replay). I though he did what he had to ... yeah, except nail those goals. He presented well, was a contributor, defended well by his standards, I'd give him a barely pass mark.

Clarke doesn't even give a shit in actual ruck contests, not even speaking of running defensively or properly sticking tackles or trying to spoil the loose man and all that other good stuff. He actually just stood there countless times and watched Lobbe palm it down to Gray/Wingard/Wines.

He does something useful once or twice a game, might run someone down or take a big grab but is a massive liability the rest of the time. I hate scapegoating but I can't stop myself with Clarke, only ever going to be a tease IMO. You can't teach desire, he doesn't have it.

Over-reaction much?

Sheesh, take a pill.

As I mentioned in another thread earlier in the week - there would be no shame losing to Port. They are the genuine article and will either run hawthorn very close or actually knock them over next week. We have limped into this finals series and the footy gods have not been kind in the last few weeks. I agree some hard decisions may need to be looked at with regard to our list management. I've long felt that Clarke was not ever going to be a top class ruckman and his performance in pressure games (not just finals) is poor. I have seen Apeness just twice but it was enough to convince me that he has that bit of mongrel that will see him succeed either up forward or in the ruck. Did think our match committee may have pulled the wrong rein by inserting Tabs ahead of him for this last month.
We finished about where we deserved this season but I think there is improvement yet to come.

That is all.

How could you miss the sarcasm when he had just talked up our youth mate, one of RTB's perceived weaknesses. potatoes was taking the piss, only a troll would ever suggest something so stupid. Maybe simmo.

How could you miss the sarcasm when he had just talked up our youth mate, one of RTB's perceived weaknesses. potatoes was taking the piss, only a troll would ever suggest something so stupid. Maybe simmo.
Don't think so. He followed it up in a later post when quizzed on it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Has the world ended

Remove this Banner Ad

Back