Opinion Has the world ended

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha mate at least you go for a decent team, freo have got the goods, just a bad run of luck, whole back line missing, missed flights, it wasn't meant to be. Freo will be back, I would drink purple jizz over ever touch any wce.... Go purps
Lol Richmond

We need to have a big offseason. Both in the back office and on the track. Bondy has his work cut out for him to improve our side.
We need to make some tough calls if we are to get better. It really is as simple as that.

And i am a big advocate for Pav handing over the captaincy. It really has to happen this summer, no ifs or buts. Let him play out his career without the spotlight, i think we owe that to him as a club.

Chin up guys and girls. Be proud of who you support and don't let any chump tell you otherwise. Im looking at you willoblue

Draft Mitch Clark, just do it. Avoid injuries (hard to do but you will have Walters the whole year this time around) and stupid suspensions (Ballantyne I'm looking at you) next year and top 2 is yours for the taking. But I'm an Eagles supporter so I'll give a little jab before I leave to all the flogs talking about us in this thread.... we won the same amount of finals this year. :p

Good presser by Ross composed and positive. Thinks we will have a good year next year and doesn't believe we are about to be leap frogged.
Was rapt with Neale, Crozier and sutcliffe. We are going to draft, trade and look at free agency.
This is what i like to hear. We must be pro-active and look to stay ahead of the curve. Most of our young fellas can hold their head high tonight which is positive.

to be honest, i am this close to giving this sport up. not because of freo losing (and yes, I am disappointed beyond belief that we ended our season this way - kick straight, for ****'s sake) but because i feel i am wasting my time and energy following a sport where:

1. some teams are more equal than others.
2. some players are more equal than others.
3. rules change every week depending on who is umpiring and depending on who is playing. (see 1 and 2)
4. fixturing is advantageous to other teams and based on potential gate receipts.
5. the league administration is not after improving fairness as much as generating funds.

i love Freo, but i hate that we are often given short shrift. if i wanted to buy into the heroes and villains narrative, i would have followed the WWE. i don't know if i can come back next year, it's just too ****ing heartbreaking. and if there's anything that really turns me off, it's ****ing injustice.

i'm a migrant with an australian citizenship, and from all i've learned since coming over here and embracing the best part of australian culture, i find it ironic that of all sports, it's a sport called "aussie rules football" that does not afford every one in the league a fair go. the way the AFL is run is so un-Australian.

to be honest, i am this close to giving this sport up. not because of freo losing (and yes, I am disappointed beyond belief that we ended our season this way - kick straight, for ****'s sake) but because i feel i am wasting my time and energy following a sport where:

3. rules change every week depending on who is umpiring and depending on who is playing. (see 1 and 2)
4. fixturing is advantageous to other teams and based on potential gate receipts.
5. the league administration is not after improving fairness as much as generating funds.

i love Freo, but i hate that we are often given short shrift. if i wanted to buy into the heroes and villains narrative, i would have followed the WWE. i don't know if i can come back next year, it's just too ******* heartbreaking. and if there's anything that really turns me off, it's ******* injustice.

i'm a migrant with an australian citizenship, and from all i've learned since coming over here and embracing the best part of australian culture, i find it ironic that of all sports, it's a sport called "aussie rules football" that does not afford every one in the league a fair go. the way the AFL is run is so un-Australian.
Yeah, it might be a good idea to just try and enjoy good seasons. What happens in the AFL now is not dissimilar to match fixing. Freo are doing well considering.

Ballantyne plays and that game is over at half time. A bit of bad luck, a couple of missed steps during the year keeping us out of the prelim. I think our straight sets was very different to Geelong's: they never deserved to be top four in the first place, which meant we came up against a top four quality team in the semi. So I don't think the world has ended. Not sure about Luke, but I doubt we'll see any huge drop off from Pav and Sandi next year - but they really aren't as key to us as everyone is saying, it's other players missing or disappearing that has cost us. But our younger brigade are ripping it up and will only improve: Sutcliffe, Neale, Croz, and though he seems beyond that, Fyfe is still very young and will have learnt a lot of lessons this year. We will be in with a shot next year. It's all about that top two spot.

Yeah, it might be a good idea to just try and enjoy good seasons. What happens in the AFL now is not dissimilar to match fixing. Freo are doing well considering.

that's why it's so frustrating. we would have won the flag by now if we only had to compete against the teams we are competing against. as it stands, we are competing against a league that so obviously does not want us to do well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to have a big offseason. Both in the back office and on the track. Bondy has his work cut out for him to improve our side.
We need to make some tough calls if we are to get better. It really is as simple as that.

And i am a big advocate for Pav handing over the captaincy. It really has to happen this summer, no ifs or buts. Let him play out his career without the spotlight, i think we owe that to him as a club.

Chin up guys and girls. Be proud of who you support and don't let any chump tell you otherwise. Im looking at you willoblue
thanx Freo88,
I needed that, not a bitch of a moderator having a go.
I Hope I can get over it, but at this stage, I'm done, & this was the first time ever
I probably can't help loving Freo, but at this stage, I'll try

that's why it's so frustrating. we would have won the flag by now if we only had to compete against the teams we are competing against. as it stands, we are competing against a league that so obviously does not want us to do well.
Some people are starting to become disillusioned with the AFL. While the AFL are sacrificing all the footy states to prop up all the non-footy states, they are losing support in the AFL states. It is stupid and they have taken it too far.

thanx Freo88,
I Hope I can get over it, but at this stage, I'm done, & this was the first time ever

Try being a man instead.

i love Freo, but i hate that we are often given short shrift. if i wanted to buy into the heroes and villains narrative, i would have followed the WWE. i don't know if i can come back next year, it's just too ******* heartbreaking. and if there's anything that really turns me off, it's ******* injustice.

Geez mate we have had a pretty average year with the MRP and umpires, but we just got done like a dinner tonight. No excuses at all. The coach and the players have 100% responsibility for what we just saw, the umpiring had nothing to do with it.

Geez mate we have had a pretty average year with the MRP and umpires, but we just got done like a dinner tonight. No excuses at all. The coach and the players have 100% responsibility for what we just saw, the umpiring had nothing to do with it.

if you read my comments at the game day thread before having a go at me for offering my opinion about the AFL that i've held all year, you'd realise i wasn't blaming the umpiring for this loss. but you obviously think the AFL is perfect, so here, have a rainbow. :rainbow:

Laugh at the Eagles' fans who have nothing better to do with their lives than to come on here on a saturday night and troll us.

Disappointing night. Too many passengers who went missing when the pressure was on.

Couldn't help but laugh when I ran into Colin Sylvia at quarter time. What a waste of money he was.

Keeping them to 4 goals in the first half and then a 53 point turnaround. Coming out after half time we just needed to play a good 10-15 minutes and game over but we give up a goal in 40secs. Terrible!!!!!

Trade Clarke I'm sick of him does nothing and provides fu&k all contest.

Sheridan will replace Pearce next year. Pearce can finish his contract in the WAFL.

Disagree on Clarke but this hasn't been his best year. Far more upside that Pearce will ever have.

Happy to see Pearce go and **** over Peel. Never liked Peel that much but I think it would be fairer to all concerned to delist the ****** and hope that Souths pick him up. A whole season of laughs to be had.

I just pray he never wears purple again.

thanx Freo88,

It would be a shame to lose you as a poster.

Massive effort by Port to roll over us and get the victory.... Freo missed about 6 golden opportunities to put the result beyond doubt and choked.

There are 1,000,000 excuses that all of us are thinking up but at this stage the message I got when watching this game was that this season Freo wasn't good enough. Freo wasn't good enough in the big moments, sure we had Son Son and Fyfe who were amazing but as a team there was to much being done by to little. There were so many passengers, ball watchers and those who just didn't put the effort in. The turn overs killed Freo tonight. Lack of composure, fumbling and dropped marks (I'm looking at you GU) by players that should be better.

2015 is going to shape up as a massive year for Freo. A bit of luck with injuries, maybe the a bit of luck with the umpires and MRP and who knows what can happen.

Bring on 2015 and lets see what Rossy Lyon comes up with because that new attacking style we saw was as exciting as hell and I want to see it done with a fully fit and firing team.

Ballantyne plays and that game is over at half time. A bit of bad luck, a couple of missed steps during the year keeping us out of the prelim. I think our straight sets was very different to Geelong's: they never deserved to be top four in the first place, which meant we came up against a top four quality team in the semi. So I don't think the world has ended. Not sure about Luke, but I doubt we'll see any huge drop off from Pav and Sandi next year - but they really aren't as key to us as everyone is saying, it's other players missing or disappearing that has cost us. But our younger brigade are ripping it up and will only improve: Sutcliffe, Neale, Croz, and though he seems beyond that, Fyfe is still very young and will have learnt a lot of lessons this year. We will be in with a shot next year. It's all about that top two spot.

agree

if balla's played, the game would have been over at quarter time. he is such an important piece in freo's forward six.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Has the world ended

Remove this Banner Ad

Back