Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts on Zac Williams?

Carlton prepared to let him go and pay a chunk of his salary.

Not sure if we’re interested yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If he’s cheap trade-wise, sure.

He improves our list.

Thoughts on Zac Williams?

Carlton prepared to let him go and pay a chunk of his salary.

Not sure if we’re interested yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know his age doesn't really fit what we are looking for but at his best he is an awesome player - had a few seasons at GWS where he outshone many of their stars but has stagnated at the blues. Would have to come cheap in terms of trade. But the possibility of a fit Williams and Amon on the wings means that our outside game is sorted

I know his age doesn't really fit what we are looking for but at his best he is an awesome player - had a few seasons at GWS where he outshone many of their stars but has stagnated at the blues. Would have to come cheap in terms of trade. But the possibility of a fit Williams and Amon on the wings means that our outside game is sorted
Not fit enough for a wing role. Can only play half back.

Just on Gunners, are there any examples of unrestricted free agents being traded for anything of substance?

All ours seem to have gone for picks that don't get used.

Just on Gunners, are there any examples of unrestricted free agents being traded for anything of substance?

All ours seem to have gone for picks that don't get used.
Isaac Smith the exception

If he’s cheap trade-wise, sure.

He improves our list.
If we can get him fit enough for a wing or midfield role, (that is the issue because we have an abundance of rebounding defenders)
very worth considering.

A lot of questions.

Remember he was in fine form when he switched to Carlton, run and long kick. Clarko was keen at the time but would not pay the money.

All that said, fully fit he is a best 22 player. I just wonder if we could re-engineer him.

Not fit enough for a wing role. Can only play half back.
Correct promised to be able to transition into a mid role and doesn't have the tank. He's gone backwards pretty badly. Happy to let Carlton pay for getting him in by paying overs.

If we can get him fit enough for a wing or midfield role, (that is the issue because we have an abundance of rebounding defenders)
very worth considering.

A lot of questions.

Remember he was in fine form when he switched to Carlton, run and long kick. Clarko was keen at the time but would not pay the money.

All that said, fully fit he is a best 22 player. I just wonder if we could re-engineer him.
No chance on Williams. Would be a terrible recruit. Would rather pump the time and games into Jiath, Bramble, Day and Impey. Also why should we help out Carlton finding the funds to resign some of there big guns.

Williams came back in terrible shape one pre season and was heavily criticised , so I'm not surprised to see him struggle at carlton. If we are bringing in 28 year olds I want players that will offer some sort of leadership or let their onfield stuff do the talking, right now Williams doesn't offer either and I'm not sure he does improve our list .

I feel like the perception of Hawthorn at the moment is of just another middle tier club with most quality players from other clubs preferring Geelong, Richmond & Collingwood over us. How do we become relevant again quickly to attract A grade playing talent? Sam's first season as coach was kind of 'blah'...not great but not a disaster either - hardly inspiring for players looking for a new home.

In the absence of recent success, how do we become a destination club again & land a big fish? Should the club consider luring high profile well-credentialled off field personnel to create some excitement? (Someone like a Nathan Buckley.) Currently things look awfully vanilla in the brown and gold.

Unfortunately it's reality atm. We play mostly Sunday games and very rarely get a primetime spot. Waverley is also becoming an outdated training facility compared to the rest of the comp. We are an improving team with a strong culture but it's not enough when you can go to massive clubs offering you more years and likely more dollars, i hope we are changing our ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do hope Gunstan stays, however, Brisbane needs points, so unlikely to trade out any of value for Gunners. BUT:

OUT: Gunstan plus a pick in the 60's ( 100+ points)
IN: Younger Unnamed early third round talent from Brisbane plus a late pick, with no points value, for us to use on Lawrence?

Brisbane get Gunstan plus a few extra points and we get a reasonable player in exchange.

I'm am not sure who that player is, but there must be someone on their list to fit the bill?

Berry? :);)o_O

Dumb comparison.

Howe and Phillips were always at risk of being delisted. Anyone who said otherwise hasn’t been paying attention.

As for the Eagles trading out of the top 10, it’s madness.
They’ve just finished bottom 2 and have an aging list.
You might think that a hypothetical thread means you just come up with completely unrealistic trades they make no sense for the clubs involved, but it’s simply impossible to see the Eagles trading out of the top 10 when they’re standing on the edge of the cliff, holding pick 2.
Depends how highly West Coast Rates DGB who was pick 6 in the 2020 draft, but reportedly rated top 2 by the draft gurus.

An Brockman was rated highly by west coast.

History tells us anything can happen in this period. I love how our fan base talks down the values of our players.

I do hope Gunstan stays, however, Brisbane needs points, so unlikely to trade out any of value for Gunners. BUT:

OUT: Gunstan plus a pick in the 60's ( 100+ points)
IN: Younger Unnamed early third round talent from Brisbane plus a late pick, with no points value, for us to use on Lawrence?

Brisbane get Gunstan plus a few extra points and we get a reasonable player in exchange.

I'm am not sure who that player is, but there must be someone on their list to fit the bill?

Berry? :);)o_O
We could package up a deal to the lions. Maybe some thing like Gunston, and our second pick for the lions 13# ( Maybe the Mitchell compensation as well?).

We could package up a deal to the lions. Maybe some thing like Gunston, and our second pick for the lions 13# ( Maybe the Mitchell compensation as well?).
Yes, I think it will be a combo of moves TBH. Anything Brisbane does must be a net positive on the points front for them. Could also be bring in 2022 picks and trade out 2023 future picks, which might suit us for a likely bid on Mcabe in 2023.

Do teams still need to draft a minimum of 3 players each year. - If so, they need points for Ashcroft and Fletcher, plus a pick remaining for a draftee?

That would leave them with less points. Don’t see them doing that.

Do teams still need to draft a minimum of 3 players each year. - If so, they need points for Ashcroft and Fletcher, plus a pick remaining for a draftee?

They’ve got a possible 3rd f/s also just not as rated as Ashcroft and Fletcher.

Williams? Hard pass.
We’re stacked for hbf, he’s been average for a while and can’t play mid and the wrong age profile + on big dollars.

From a list perspective we should be if anything thinking of trading out hbfs not trading them in. Day, Scrim, CJ, Impey, bramble, Seamus, Morris etc.

Depends how highly West Coast Rates DGB who was pick 6 in the 2020 draft, but reportedly rated top 2 by the draft gurus.

History tells us anything can happen in this period. I love how our fan base talks down the values of our players.
To be fair, the whole footy world does. Mainly the media.

Bloody hell mate, it’s not about the value of our players….

They hold Pick 2 and they’re about to fall off the cliff.
Handing over Pick 2 for DGB and Brockman and removing themselves from the top end of the draft would be list management negligence like we’ve not seen since the Dockers of the late 90’s.

Williams? Hard pass.
We’re stacked for hbf, he’s been average for a while and can’t play mid and the wrong age profile + on big dollars.

From a list perspective we should be if anything thinking of trading out hbfs not trading them in. Day, Scrim, CJ, Impey, bramble, Seamus, Morris etc.
Agree - we learnt our lessons from Patton, Scully etc - no more trading in players with a history of injuries and over 26 regardless of how cheap they are trade wise

Can’t believe we are even talking about Williams. New Carlton regime have been trying to offload him ever since they took over

Bloody hell mate, it’s not about the value of our players….

They hold Pick 2 and they’re about to fall off the cliff.
Handing over Pick 2 for DGB and Brockman and removing themselves from the top end of the draft would be list management negligence like we’ve not seen since the Dockers of the late 90’s.
Since Gold Coast with pick 2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back