Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitchell for a pick in the mid to late 20s (say 27) plus 24 and Gunston for 13
Net gain of 276 points for Brisbanes father sons and doesn’t effect McStay.
(As a starting point)
I don’t get why this is so hard to grasp.

I wasn’t aware we could invent trades to enhance our arguments. Sweet deal!

Brisbane won’t do that when we’d likely take a 4th round pick.

I wasn’t aware we could invent trades to enhance our arguments. Sweet deal!

Brisbane won’t do that when we’d likely take a 4th round pick.
You weren’t aware you’re in the hypothetical trades thread and someone just posed this question and you said it would leave them with less points (which it doesn’t)
Your mistake.

I feel like the perception of Hawthorn at the moment is of just another middle tier club with most quality players from other clubs preferring Geelong, Richmond & Collingwood over us. How do we become relevant again quickly to attract A grade playing talent? Sam's first season as coach was kind of 'blah'...not great but not a disaster either - hardly inspiring for players looking for a new home.

In the absence of recent success, how do we become a destination club again & land a big fish? Should the club consider luring high profile well-credentialled off field personnel to create some excitement? (Someone like a Nathan Buckley.) Currently things look awfully vanilla in the brown and gold.
Seriously who really GAF what Nathan Buckley thinks

I agree about Gunston, champion of the club and if he wants to walk to Brisbane as a free agent then he should go with the clubs blessing.
The moment Brissy want to trade its no longer about Gunston, it’s about getting points for the best kid in the land and another predicted 1st rounder kid ( not our problem).

IMO fair trade value for a player the Hawks want to keep is not the club being difficult.
This. As a club we need to become ruthless again. I'm not talking classless like the * but rather just no more handouts and letting all the other clubs know we can't and wont be f*cked with.

I feel like the perception of Hawthorn at the moment is of just another middle tier club with most quality players from other clubs preferring Geelong, Richmond & Collingwood over us. How do we become relevant again quickly to attract A grade playing talent? Sam's first season as coach was kind of 'blah'...not great but not a disaster either - hardly inspiring for players looking for a new home.

In the absence of recent success, how do we become a destination club again & land a big fish? Should the club consider luring high profile well-credentialled off field personnel to create some excitement? (Someone like a Nathan Buckley.) Currently things look awfully vanilla in the brown and gold.

yeah a Half back line of Day DGB and Jiath is very vanilla (I do wonder if some people on here actually watch any football)

Thoughts on Zac Williams?

Carlton prepared to let him go and pay a chunk of his salary.

Not sure if we’re interested yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nah. IMO I don't think players who've suffered a ruptured achilles are ever the same again. Roughie did win a Coleman after doing his but he wasn't the same player athleticism wise. William's seems to now suffer soft tissue injuries every second week and I reckon all that is related to the achilles injury. I reckon it should be a hard pass on him.

I do hope Gunstan stays, however, Brisbane needs points, so unlikely to trade out any of value for Gunners. BUT:

OUT: Gunstan plus a pick in the 60's ( 100+ points)
IN: Younger Unnamed early third round talent from Brisbane plus a late pick, with no points value, for us to use on Lawrence?

Brisbane get Gunstan plus a few extra points and we get a reasonable player in exchange.

I'm am not sure who that player is, but there must be someone on their list to fit the bill?

Berry? :);)o_O
You really need to learn how to spell his name

How do we become relevant again quickly to attract A grade playing talent? Sam's first season as coach was kind of 'blah'...not great but not a disaster either - hardly inspiring for players looking for a new home.

We need to be relevant! Excitement!

Dancing girls! Monorail to Dingley! Kim Kardashian!

Synergies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose Gunston who replaces him in the 22? Do we fasttrack serong or Ramsden, play scrim up forward, does one of draftees/trades fill the void or do we make do with Kosi and resting ruck as 2nd/3rd tall?

With Cal (bombers man) and Cleary (cats man) it doesn't surprise me that they push the narrative away from us. This doesn't mean Geelong are front runners at all. It just sucks they're after the same players as us.

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

What do they gain by "pushing a narrative?" Any narrative they "push" changes absolutely nothing in reality.

Do you really think they both came up with this idea just to wind up Hawthorn fans?

Or is it more likely that they are reporting what they have heard?

It's not as if both Bruhn and Henry would be thinking of joining us, only to be swayed by a story that suggests they are actually thinking about Geelong instead. That'd be some inception level persuasion by Twomey and Cleary.

Last edited:
Williams. Injured a lot and plays at half back where we are stacked. Not sure it makes sense.

He looked great in the midfield at GWS. He was a class apart in several games.

But injuries have hampered him since being traded and he's not made the move into the midfield at Carlton - which I'm assuming is due to his injury issues / inability to have any consistent run.

I'd have absolutely loved him to come across when he was leaving GWS, but much less so now.

Will we look at Brayden Fiorini

Re-signing Gunner and securing his heir apparent Ollie Henry will be the target.
Lose Mitchell and try gain a top 30 or use in negotiations with Collingwood.
Bruhn Cats bound

It has been reported that we are. And IMO we damn well should be, he's a long-term Gunston replacement. I'd be amazed if we aren't interested.
Any links?

All I’ve seen is Facebook posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back