Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Essendon people said the same thing about us getting O'Meara back in the day too. Took some work and favors called in but they got it done in the end

Could we be the Saints in negotiations if it needed. And Be that 3rd club that helps it get across the line.

G’Day Lads.

Hope you’re all well, even the haters, we share a common passion, a love for the hawks.

The ups & downs of off season, our time will come. Be patient.

I’ll keep sharing info, please feel free to ignore my posts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I love it when this pops up:

Screenshot_20220912-200137_Brave.jpg

He would only leave Collingwood for us that's why it's a possibility of happening. You don't leave a big club unless there's an attachment to another club or your forced out.
If a club you supported as a kid offered you $250k/year and another one you didn’t support as a kid (in the same city) offered you $350k/year which way would you go?

G’Day Lads.

Hope you’re all well, even the haters, we share a common passion, a love for the hawks.

Keep up the good work, I will never ignore your post.
Tops and you are the best

If a club you supported as a kid offered you $250k/year and another one you didn’t support as a kid (in the same city) offered you $350k/year which way would you go?

He's contracted through 2024. Pies don't have to offer him anything right now.

In terms of missing player acquisitions over the years, the 3 that hurt the most, in order:
1. Cogs - I was genuinely shattered
2. Shiel - I was certain he'd choose us
3. Lynch - always knew it was the Tiges but held out hope that Clarko could persuade him.

In hindsight. Cogs had a good year this year but probably wouldn't have helped our cause that much.
Shiel is bog average.
Lynch is a star - I'll pay that one.

As for Bruhn, who gives a rats. My tip is he'll play a ton of VFL next year. He ain't walking into that starting 22.

Would’ve liked to get Bruhn but for people thinking it’s going to prop geelong up forever I just don’t think so. They are going to lose a plethora of talented stars over the next 2 years that it is going to be so hard to stay up.

This is one person that’s had 2 games this year 20+ disposals and I’m fairly sure one was against north Melbourne
Agree, might have been a nice pick up but not worth losing sleep over IMO. Granted he's a couple of years older, but statistically Worps had a better year this year than Bruhn.

G’Day Lads.

Keep on bringing it Rough.:thumbsu:

Still weeks to trade period - a lot of things still to happen. Personally not too fussed on bruhn.

Am more interested to what other moves we are planning to improve our list. We have a Mitchell trade to get done (and not get screwed) but expect we want to do more than that. We have a lot of work to do.

And I couldn’t give two f*** what geelong are doing.

G’Day Lads.

Keep it coming mate.
Still 3 weeks til trade week. A lot of water to go under the bridge til then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G’Day Lads.

How could we ever ignore your posts!! Hope you are well.

With Mitchell likely to be traded, Gunston possibly leaving, plus the departures of McEvoy, Shiels, Howe and Phillips, Hawthorn will likely go into 2023 as the 16th youngest team in the competition behind North Melbourne and Adelaide. It just goes to show how big the list turnover in the last three years has been.

2022: 13th youngest team in the league
2023: 16th youngest team in the league*
Do you mean 16th oldest ??

What year are you posting from?

I know this thread is a bit of a free for all, but really, I don't think we need to do a Geelong list review.

I'll be deleting those posts, and if you really feel the need to debate their list build you could always just visit their board.

Money is not the be all and end all of everyone's life.
So you’d take the pay cut to play for that club you supported?

FWIW - I don’t think playing for the club you supported as a kid is a particularly relevant consideration for the vast majority of professional footballers. Certainly don’t get that many announcing that when they sign a contract do we?

They are a well run club but they aren't infallible. They have had a golden generation topped up with free agency and done it really well, short of saluting...

But of the 14 29+ players I listed all are best 22. s**t I'd go so far to say they are their best 14 players. No talent pathway is going to replace that.

On the talent pathways, who from that list I provided are products of this superior setup? Sdk is the only bonafide star in the making.

They will bottom out hard.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Sure they will bottom out but they amount of kids coming out of the surf coast region is insane, they run like 6 teams each grade at the clubs in footy but more surprisingly basketball is booming. Give the region 5 years and it’s going to be a quasi academy for them.

(Personally think every club should have a development academy exactly like the swans but the afl is corrupt and that’s a different conversation)

To go back to the trade talk, can we still trade Tyrone vickery for body Grundy?

A week ago I would have been shattered by the Bruhn news.

Once Hopper announced Richmond I felt it was inevitable though.

Thankfully I'm confident we are doing plenty of work behind the scenes to improve our list. We have lost so much experience with more to potentially come (Gunston and Mitchell) that I just can't see how picks 6, 24 and Amon are all we have to improve things.

Is it as simple as moving onto the next talented young midfielder not getting games? Flanders? Sharp?

Or an Ollie Henry type to help fill the Gunston hole?

We have salary space, an up and coming list, a popular coach and play our home games at the MCG. Somebody smarter than Tanner B will see why that's attractive.

He would only leave Collingwood for us that's why it's a possibility of happening. You don't leave a big club unless there's an attachment to another club or your forced out.
Bobby Hill is coming in. That is a done deal already as he has already completed a medical. So with Bobby Hill coming in at Collingwood does that mean they would be slightly easier parting ways with Ginnivan as part of the Tom Mitchell trade. I think it's a big possibility and something that we will be asking for as part of the Mitchell negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back