Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Geelong won the premiership and get Bruhn, Henry, Bowes and keeps pick 7

We loose Top 10 players in Gunston, Mitchell, Omeara for picks in the 2nd round and 40's and get Amon, Stephens and Meek who are fringe players. Any chance we can trade MM for Andrew Mackie, this is so underwhelming?

If you want to blame anyone for us not getting value for Tom, realistically you have to start with Sam. You can't remove a player from his best role all season, let everyone know you're happy to move him on and then expect to get true value for them.
This.

Also all you supporters who heaped shit on him all year. Well that's what we got back

Geelong won the premiership and get Bruhn, Henry, Bowes and keeps pick 7

We loose Top 10 players in Gunston, Mitchell, Omeara for picks in the 2nd round and 40's and get Amon, Stephens and Meek who are fringe players. Any chance we can trade MM for Andrew Mackie, this is so underwhelming?
Bruhn, Henry and Bowes are all fringe players too though?

Omeara for Meek and second rounder is a great deal. Omeara has been a flop for us and happy to see him go. We've had the worst midfield for years and it was time to shake things up. 2 out of Mitchell, Omeara and Worpel needed to go.

Now it's time for Worpel to lift!

I don’t understand the angst.

We’ve effectively brought in another ruckman in Meek, an inside midfielder in Stephens and additional draft picks.

And we gave up two players who clearly didn’t function well within our midfield rotations, weren’t part of our future plans, probably don’t have too many years remaining and received zero bites last year when we tried to ship them off. I’m not sure why people think their stocks would’ve risen after another year?

Yes, we may have obtained another late first round pick if JOM chose GWS, but unfortunately he wanted to go to Fremantle. Nothing MM could do about that.

We lost zero draft capital whilst bringing in two young players who haven’t been given opportunities at their respective clubs - and who will probably surprise quite a few next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Collingwood gave Mitchell 3 years and Freo gave JOM 4 years.

I'd expect them to have at least that much good footy left in them and they were both pretty good this year.

These are top tier players we gave away for untried WAFL, VFL players and peanuts.

So many posters were ok with Tom leaving because he's not the sort of mid that we need with the style we play under Sam and yet we expected to get a former first round player in AND a top 25 pick for him? That would've been great, but it's pretty clear we've overrated Tom here.

Jaeger for Meek and future 2nd, that's good value in my book for a 29yr old, particularly when Freo wanted a 2nd rounder for Meek alone.

Pick 41 will pull into Pick 35 on draft night after matching, and we're still holding Picks 6 and 24. It's not really melt worthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong thought highly enough of him to grab him with #16 when prior to his ankle he was rated 5 - 10. They could help that he got injured and frankly their midfield was chock full of established talent.

We effectively traded Mitchell out and got him and two 3rd rounders back.

There’s nothing to suggest at this stage he couldn’t slot straight into Mitchell’s spot in our rotation BUT HE IS 188cm and we have a midfield full of short people.

I like it.

He was drafted in 2019 mate.

Seven games in 3 seasons, players have little currency.

Moreso if the reigning premier adds Bruhn (pick 18), promises Bowes games and will draft Clark... and Parfitt was lucky to come into the 22.

Oh and we were bidding against ourselves.

If you can't get that done for bugger all, we'll **** you're no good.

Last edited:
To all you delusional lot that blindly keep backing Mitch and MM, Hope you've learned your lesson now. Trading out all that experience and even paying salaries for next year has resulted in the earliest pick of 41!!...what a s**t show
Talk about delusional, you left out the fact we gained two young player types of need who could be anything plus a future second rounder in an extremely highly rated draft. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story pal.

O’Meara trade is objectively fine. A week ago I’d have happily taken a 2023 second pick alone, and Meek is an extra. What sucks there is that JOM screwed us in choosing Freo when GWS were prepared to offer more. Hopefully we are not paying much salary for that Freo deal but I reckon we are.

The Mitchell deal stinks. It’s a VFL player and two junk picks in a shallow draft for a good player and apparently we are paying salary. Can’t spin that one, it’s a terrible bit of business.

To finish the trade by moving on senior players and paying salary for guys to go elsewhere and not landing a single pick under 30 is really poor. We yielded on every trade

We don’t have to be anything next year - we are rebuilding. Again - this isn’t a top up for a finals run or premiership. Persisting with Mitchell for another year and then trading him for even less gains us what exactly?

22 home and away game day thread bitch fests about his lack of defensive prowess, lollipop kicking, and handballs to laces.
But hey, some people can only be happy when they're miserable so they just wanted a head start.

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

Collingwood gave Mitchell 3 years and Freo gave JOM 4 years.

I'd expect them to have at least that much good footy left in them and they were both pretty good this year.

These are top tier players we gave away for untried WAFL, VFL players and peanuts.
We got ****ing reamed. It wasn't like they weren't valued it wasn't a 1 or 2 year deal. 3 and 4 year deals for 28 and 29 years olds is not valuing them as really good players?

So many posters were ok with Tom leaving because he's not the sort of mid that we need with the style we play under Sam and yet we expected to get a former first round player in AND a top 25 pick for him? That would've been great, but it's pretty clear we've overrated Tom here.

Jaeger for Meek and future 2nd, that's good value in my book for a 29yr old, particularly when Freo wanted a 2nd rounder for Meek alone.

Pick 41 will pull into Pick 35 on draft night after matching, and we're still holding Picks 6 and 24. It's not really melt worthy.
Melt worthy maybe not but we are paying two of our best players to play for other teams and got some very raw prospects and some late picks.

We got ******* reamed. It wasn't like they weren't valued it wasn't a 1 or 2 year deal. 3 and 4 year deals for 28 and 29 years olds is not valuing them as really good players?
Plus they were under contract too and we have salary cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back