Autopsy Hawks fall short against the Swans - Rd 8 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even mad TBH.
Wheels turn.
Things are awful at the moment. Every game is an away game and we're a tough watch. A team should not win 3 premierships on the trot and still expect to be challenging 5 years on in current equalization eras. I can only go on the Lions disappearing off a cliff after 4 GFs in a row and frankly 3 in 6 years by Geelong ain't the same. Hawthorn did not take a year off between flags.
At this stage it's almost like we're just existing.This year fcuking sucks. 2020 is a wash. Our great state is sick. People are dying every day and there are complete oxygen thieves out there treating it all as a joke so they can post something on FB or Insta. Yet we still have footy and although our club is making a mess of things it's still great to be able to see the brown and gold run out led by the best coach the game has seen.
There's a LOT not going right at the moment but we're all in it for the long haul and the Hawks will be back and we'll be here sticking fat when they do because that's what Hawthorn people do🦅

If Stratton's form doesn't warrant his continued selection then he should be dropped. The captaincy shouldn't make anyone untouchable in this regard. You would have to think this is on the cards with a potential backline of Hardwick, Chip, Scrim, Day, Frost, Scrim, Sicily and hopefully Impey.

But I don't like the idea of demoting the captain if he is continuing the be selected. Doesn't sit right. Drop him if justified no probelm but demoting might further demoralize the team.

The club f$#ked up making Stratts captain..he's an introvert and it was always going to weigh on him. He should put his hand up and pass the baton onto Sheila or Jags

As for gameplan, I have NFI what we're trying to do...all I know is what we're dishing up right now is hard to watch :mad:

If Stratton's form doesn't warrant his continued selection then he should be dropped. The captaincy shouldn't make anyone untouchable in this regard. You would have to think this is on the cards with a potential backline of Hardwick, Chip, Scrim, Day, Frost, Scrim, Sicily and hopefully Impey.

But I don't like the idea of demoting the captain if he is continuing the be selected. Doesn't sit right. Drop him if justified no probelm but demoting might further demoralize the team.

It’s justified.

THIS 100%. Can't go into next year with this midfield. Worpel has currency. All their Disposal is disgusting. I like Worpel the best but the others don't have currency. Only thing I can think of is if Freo want to offer their first for Jaeger?
He will be the next captain. He’s been the teacher’s pet since the moment he arrived and the club puts him out front and centre at every possible opportunity

Scully 14 disposals - 21% DE
Smith 16 disposals - 37%
O'Meara 25 disposals - 40%
Wingard 17 disposals - 41%

Scully has to be dropped....

He is equivelant of getting a bargain price on a refurb iPhone 11 that when it arrives it's nothing but an iphone box filled with sand.
This really is horrendous. O’Meara is a disappointing player. Just does not impact games

Not even mad TBH.
Wheels turn.
Things are awful at the moment. Every game is an away game and we're a tough watch. A team should not win 3 premierships on the trot and still expect to be challenging 5 years on in current equalization eras. I can only go on the Lions disappearing off a cliff after 4 GFs in a row and frankly 3 in 6 years by Geelong ain't the same. Hawthorn did not take a year off between flags.
At this stage it's almost like we're just existing.This year fcuking sucks. 2020 is a wash. Our great state is sick. People are dying every day and there are complete oxygen thieves out there treating it all as a joke so they can post something on FB or Insta. Yet we still have footy and although our club is making a mess of things it's still great to be able to see the brown and gold run out led by the best coach the game has seen.
There's a LOT not going right at the moment but we're all in it for the long haul and the Hawks will be back and we'll be here sticking fat when they do because that's what Hawthorn people do🦅
Good post. The last 4 weeks I have continued to hurl abuse at everyone in the team (players and coaches), albeit in the comforts of my lounge room😀. But reading this has made me stop, think, and be a bit more accepting of where this club is really at.

You know what I’m as disappointed as anyone how this season has panned out so far but to come on here at BigFooty to see my fellow Hawthorn fans absolutely sh*t on our former premiership stars doesn’t sit well with me at all. Are the likes of Stratton, Puopolo and others cooked, yes but the way some around here talk about them like they are pieces of sh*t is deplorable. We are all angry, frustrated, disappointed and whole lot else with how things are right now but there’s no need to speak about these guys like they are nothing.

I am not a recruiter - can only be lead my media.

Before you pot Lloydy, he coaches in the private school boy comp.
Face it, list wise, we are in a very poor spot and no fault of Hawthorns but covid-19
could have a 3-5 year impact on our list.
Of course we’re in a poor spot.

As i said, there is the bloke going to the Dogs and that article clears nothing up about your claim that 8 of the top 10 picks are compromised. They even mention the Hawks with their player (Downie) who looks like getting picked around the 20’s. It’s a click bait article.

The larger problem is going to be identifying a top 5 player with a pick considering there’s been **** all junior footy played, that’s the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course we’re in a poor spot.

As i said, there is the bloke going to the Dogs and that article clears nothing up about your claim that 8 of the top 10 picks are compromised. They even mention the Hawks with their player (Downie) who looks like getting picked around the 20’s. It’s a click bait article.

The larger problem is going to be identifying a top 5 player with a pick considering there’s been fu** all junior footy played, that’s the issue.
The draft is compromised but if we pick where we are right now (pick 3-4) then we could very well get a kid no one saw coming like Bontepelli. As long as our recruiters have done there homework then I’m not worried about the draft being compromised.

THIS 100%. Can't go into next year with this midfield. Worpel has currency. All their Disposal is disgusting. I like Worpel the best but the others don't have currency. Only thing I can think of is if Freo want to offer their first for Jaeger?
Nope. So we need to invest in youth but should be trading a third year player who won B&F in his second year?

I agree with you re midfield. It is ineffective. A lot of stats, no impact, But the youngest guy is not the one to move on. I would genuinely consider trading O’Meara for the right offer. He is still rated largely on what he did at Gold Coast as kid. At Hawthorn he’s a pretty vanilla midfielder

That was woeful.

Almost as depressing as the game was Clarkos press conference. No change needed, just players lacking a littl polish and down on confidence blah blah blah

One point on stratts. Didn’t he cop a big hit early in the game to his ribs? And did you see what happened when Hardwick took swans best small (Papley?). He was dominated. Stratts may be having a shocking season but don’t think he’s been done like Hardwick was today.

I’d also add worpel has been shocking this year. Has a reigning criminal medalist had a worse season? Can’t remember one. I think the bs finish to last season may have inflated a lot of reputations (eg Lewis as well).

I agree we need to go back to being bastards, but I dont think this game will turn us.. We have been praying our small misfortunes were not part of a larger issue... I think they are...

In Clarko's presser he talks about "lacking polish"... imho there are deeper ( structural and morale ) issues Than pur polish... Maybe its the travel. Maybe its the leadership... But there is very little heart right now

Agreed, many issues. Many, but did it affect Will Days attack on the footy?

Did it make Frost sook?

This year will turn the club. If it doesn't the members will - such is life at the HFC.

What is Clarko to actually say? That we suck atm because seriously man our 2013, 2014, 2015 team is way up there with our 70,s and 80,s teams and wev'e lost some of the best players in a generation. Our Captain was a role player at best during that period, now he's captain......come on think about it....Lake was maybe better then Langers for gods sake!!! Frawely copes a bashing on here because we've had K.Moore followed by Langers followed by Lake...and Peter knights started at CHB (how spoiled can we get!!).....Lehtal was a centreman who kicked 900 goals (how spoiled can we get!!)..then look up forward.......Breust is our team of the centnery if people would look at what he did/does even without Buddy/Roughie......as name who is a better small crumbing forward we've had?

But the key is that In the end we don't take excuses, we allow time, but when that's run it's course we've always had someone since Kennedy stand up and say enough of this sh*t.

Yep even through the dreadful 2000s Dunstall stood up at the end and you know that 13 years we won nothing (unlucky with injury but we didn't ever claim that) the so called powerhouse sh*t mobs haven't won anything for longer. When the Scum last win? When Carltank last win? When Collingwood last win (they'll win this year because Bucks understands that fairness has nothing to do it) Oh the super Dogs broke a 100 yr drought with throwing the ball - icthmond broke a drought from 1980 by making sure they brought the opposition player to ground (ball or not) to get overlap... the handbags broke a drought from 1963 using the WEPON and a now accussed ICE dealer................are we effing spoiled as supporters of this club that we can whinge becuase we're in a 6yr drought or what?

Point being, I don't see 13yrs between flags with where we are almost at, so it's all gravy to us older supporters, because in the we end have always got it right since John Kennedy decided that this club takes no more sh*t.

Instant flags is what people seem to want, but it doesn't make the 2008 (what a day), or the runs of 70s, 80, and 2010s premierships near as sweet, because once we got it togehter just trying stopping us with corruption, it didn't work, never has. What a club. So why would it work now? We're the same club with the same great people, in fornt and behind the scenes, trying their best regardless of this shithouse crap the games have become and the piss poor media coverage..... for me today's highhigh was Nick Ringworm telling Gary Lyon he was wrong, re the pap-smear double goal.

Changing of the old guard a little there. That IS a positive for the ACTUAL game surely?

Don't let this wreck your week coming up, it's just a game. It's a shithouse game atm and I am not sure I'd want to win this type of flag anyway, but Will Day, even Morrson and a few others suggets that their is something underneath.

Last edited:
Patience, we have an old president who should move on, a Board to scared to tell him, a coach who thought we were challenging for a flag and a playing list that’s average with injuries in the worst positions. Coach might have played kids earlier but he should have us covered in knowledge. The last two points normally correct themselves reasonably quickly in the AFL landscape. We will be back over the next few weeks. Otherwise I’d prefer the old stooge running as leader of the opposition than our President right now.

You know what I’m as disappointed as anyone how this season has panned out so far but to come on here at BigFooty to see my fellow Hawthorn fans absolutely sh*t on our former premiership stars doesn’t sit well with me at all. Are the likes of Stratton, Puopolo and others cooked, yes but the way some around here talk about them like they are pieces of sh*t is deplorable. We are all angry, frustrated, disappointed and whole lot else with how things are right now but there’s no need to speak about these guys like they are nothing.
Well said , lots of short memories tbh .

Yes they are struggling and most likely the game has past them by but they deserve better than some of the 'comments' they cop here.

If not for them we wouldnt have been in the position to celebrate regular premiership success .

That was woeful.

Almost as depressing as the game was Clarkos press conference. No change needed, just players lacking a littl polish and down on confidence blah blah blah

One point on stratts. Didn’t he cop a big hit early in the game to his ribs? And did you see what happened when Hardwick took swans best small (Papley?). He was dominated. Stratts may be having a shocking season but don’t think he’s been done like Hardwick was today.

I’d also add worpel has been shocking this year. Has a reigning criminal medalist had a worse season? Can’t remember one. I think the bs finish to last season may have inflated a lot of reputations (eg Lewis as well).
What did you expect him to say? Start potting his players and the list live on television. Have you been living under a rock for the first 16 years of clarkos coaching career?

Agreed, many issues. Many, but did it affect Will Days attack on the footy?

Did it make Frost sook?

This year will turn the club. If it doesn't the members will - such is life at the HFC.

What is Clarko to actually say? That we suck atm because seriously man our 2013, 2014, 2015 team is way up there with our 70,s and 80,s teams and wev'e lost some of the best players in a generation. Our Captain was a role player at best during that period, now he's captain......come on think about it....Lake was maybe better then Langers for gods sake!!! Frawely copes a bashing on here because we've had K.Moore followed by Langers followed by Lake...and Peter knights started at CHB (how spoiled can we get!!).....Lehtal was a centreman who kicked 900 goals (how spoiled can we get!!)..then look up forward.......Breust is our team of the centnery if people would look at what he did/does even without Buddy/Roughie......as name who is a better small crumbing forward we've had?

But the key is that In the end we don't take excuses, we allow time, but when that's run it's course we've always had someone since Kennedy stand up and say enough of this sh*t.

Yep even through the dreadful 2000s Dunstall stood up at the end and you know that 13 years we won nothing (unlucky with injury but we didn't ever claim that) the so called powerhouse sh*t mobs haven't won anything for longer. When the Scum last win? When Carltank last win? When Collingwood last win (they'll win this year because Bucks understands that fairness has nothing to do it) Oh the super Dogs broke a 100 yr drought with throwing the ball - icthmond broke a drought from 1980 by making sure they brought the opposition player to ground (ball or not) to get overlap... the handbags broke a drought from 1963 using the WEPON and a now accussed ICE dealer................are we effing spoiled as supporters of this club that we can whinge becuase we're in a 6yr drought or what?

Point being, I don't see 13yrs between flags with where we are almost at, so it's all gravy to us older supporters, because we end have always up getting it right since John Kennedy decided that this club takes no more sh*t.

Instant flags is what people seem to want, but it doesn't make the 2008 (what a day), or the runs of 70s, 80, and 2010s premierships near as sweet, because once we got it togehter just trying stopping us with corruption, it didn't work, never has. What a club.So why would it work now? We're the same clun with the same great people in fornt and behind the scenes trying their best regardless of this shithouse crap the games become and the media coverage.....todays highhigh was Nick Ringworm telling Gary Lyon he was wrong re the pap-smear double goal.

Changing of the old guard a little there. That IS a positive for the ACTUAL game surely?

Don't let this wreck your week coming up, it's just a game. It's a shithouse game atm and I am not sure I'd want to win this type of flag anyway, but Will Day, even Morrson and a few others suggets that their is something underneath.

Carlton will beat us next week... That ain't turning...

100%. Embarrassing as a hawks supporter. Some of them should think about going to support Richmond instead.

It's bloody embarassing.
There's some very spoilt individuals on here.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks fall short against the Swans - Rd 8 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back