Game Day Hawks V Roos - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When you consider who is unavailable and you also remember we’ve traded/delisted plenty over the last two seasons .

It has left me thinking this is the worst selected North side I can recall .There could have been worse , I just may have been drunk and can’t recall .
North by 1

So want to start the season with a win. Praccy match form was so bad that I find it hard to be confident. Then again Hawks not much better and a couple of covid outs hep us I think. North by 16 points. Come on shinboners - do it!

Since we last played Hawthorn:

Out: Cunnington, Atley, Dumont, Garner, Campbell, Powell, Menadue, Lazzaro, Walker
In: Horne-Francis, Xerri, Stephenson, Greenwood, Polec, Corr, Coleman-Jones, Scott, McDonald.

Cunnington is a major loss, but you look at the rest of that list and I don't think you could say that any of those other players were in our best 10 that day. When doing this exercise, I thought there'd be no way that I'd look at the ins and outs and say that we've gotten better, but I think it's a significant improvement when you just look at it on paper.

The keys have been given to Davies-Uniacke, Simpkin, Thomas, Larkey, Zurhaar, and McKay, and if we win it needs to be off their back. For Davies-Uniacke in particular the time is now. With Cunnington out, LDU needs to be a player that we can rely on to be getting us 25 touches a game. He's hit that figure 4 out of 50 times in his career, but for 2022 that's no longer good enough.

More importantly, for the first time in 9 months, we get to wake up knowing we're going to the footy and hopefully for the first time in 31 months we're about to all sing the song together.

Team does feel a bit thin but compared to R1 last year but LDU, Tarryn, Jy, Larkey, Curtis Taylor, Crafty Jack, Xerri are significantly better players than 12 months ago.

Pity Will Phill and Tommy Powell not there. And I hope Eddie Ford pushes his way in by R3.

I think we lose today, their older core better than ours, and Sam Mitchell gets a win first up. Hope I'm wrong. Gut telling me Larkey going to have a big day and a big season . We will build slowly throughout the year, it's going to be good to watch.

So want to start the season with a win. Praccy match form was so bad that I find it hard to be confident. Then again Hawks not much better and a couple of covid outs hep us I think. North by 16 points. Come on shinboners - do it!

I rewatched the swans peachy game last night. Given their form, and in the cold hard light of day, we weren’t that bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes agree with that
Have plenty of good players available
Hopefully the forward line starts working
Must kick straight
Go Roos

game time finale GIF by Fox TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back