Preview Hawks vs Pies - Discussion and changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm stupid because of my opinion?? Are you 10 years old?? Grow up.

Yeah because you think things like facts are opinions.

You rated Cyril akin to Leon Davis. Sure his GF wasn't the best game, but he did still have 14 disposals, not the 4 you mentioned. How many did Leon have in the 2002 or 2003 can't remember, donuts wasn't it??? a big fat zero?? They didn't have subs back then so can't really blame that.

Cyril did have 26 disposals and 2 goals the week before against Adelaide in the prelim, I would call that a 'big' game.

That's the point though isn't it. How much respect will Gibson or Strats give Lynch if they don't think he is dangerous. Unless he can hit the scoreboard himself they will be willing to peel off and support Lake and each other.
The point is that Lynch could very well kick a bag in any game if he does not have a defender on him. Has hasn't because he has.
Reid forward splits the defense further and has been the catalyst for the Pies resurgence.

Anyway that said, I don't think the battle is going to be won in our forward line but your mid-field.
Pies shut down your mids and get the upper hand as they did with Essendon and Sydney and the have a real shot at a win.
In the past when Collingwood have, for a quarter or two, managed this, Hawthorn have scored mainly from the long kick over the back of the Collingwood forwards with your runners swooping and running the ball into an empty Hawks forward line.

Last week and in the Essendon game, Collingwood had an iron grip on anything even remotely resembling this "bounce".
Sidebottom, Harry, Heater, Sinclair and Maxwell have been right on their game in this regard.

In the end I think what may get the Pies over the line is the fact that this is a far more important game for them than Hawthorn.

Best of luck and no Injuries to both sides.

Go Pies!:thumbsu:

I've just learnt from my father's brother's best friend's former roommate that Ando will be an IN come Thursday night. Such credible sources cannot be questioned so consider that a lock.
Ask him if he's been having lunch at the same restaurant as Vlad and Brendan Gale. I'm sure he has.

Heard this last year..Cyril can smash anyone but come grand final day he goes all Leon Davis and has 4 touches while kicking zero goals and getting run down by Lewis jetta. Highly overrated come finals time. Your most important player isn't Cyril and it isn't buddy, it's hodge. Hodge is a gun and when he plays he plays well and makes all the difference to hawthorn.
Rioli almost single handedly won us the preliminary final. Was excellent in our premiership finals campaign. Had a bad one on GF day but I bet that doesn't happen this year if he is given a chance to redeem himself. Coming of a long lay off he was always going to take time to find his best form. Was in AA form in the first 5 weeks.

The point is that Lynch could very well kick a bag in any game if he does not have a defender on him. Has hasn't because he has.
Reid forward splits the defense further and has been the catalyst for the Pies resurgence.

Anyway that said, I don't think the battle is going to be won in our forward line but your mid-field.
Pies shut down your mids and get the upper hand as they did with Essendon and Sydney and the have a real shot at a win.
In the past when Collingwood have, for a quarter or two, managed this, Hawthorn have scored mainly from the long kick over the back of the Collingwood forwards with your runners swooping and running the ball into an empty Hawks forward line.

Last week and in the Essendon game, Collingwood had an iron grip on anything even remotely resembling this "bounce".
Sidebottom, Harry, Heater, Sinclair and Maxwell have been right on their game in this regard.

In the end I think what may get the Pies over the line is the fact that this is a far more important game for them than Hawthorn.

Best of luck and no Injuries to both sides.

Go Pies!:thumbsu:

Our midfield hasn't turned up to play since the Essendon match. On form we're in real trouble due to potential midfield domination by the Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cyril did have 26 disposals and 2 goals the week before against Adelaide in the prelim, I would call that a 'big' game.
I would go as far to say that without Cyril we wouldn't have even been playing in that Grand Final.

This will be a massive barometer as to where both teams are at leading into the finals. Don't know what to read into either sides form at the minute, but will know soon enough come Friday night.

For the record I think the boys will be primed and expect to win comfortably.:thumbsu:

Folks,

This week our two teams will be competing for the Beyond Blue cup.

I managed to get an interview with Jeff Kennett a few days ago and have a chat about the work he does with Beyond Blue and his thoughts on the upcoming game. He sounds like a great bloke, I enjoyed the chat :thumbsu:

We'll be publishing it on the Collingwood board podcast which we'll share.

Watch out for it later in the week,

Cheers,

FYI Quicky, MeisterBot

The Bupa injury report makes for pleasant reading. Barring the season enders everyone is available (slight doubt on Hodgey).

Folks,

This week our two teams will be competing for the Beyond Blue cup.

I managed to get an interview with Jeff Kennett a few days ago and have a chat about the work he does with Beyond Blue and his thoughts on the upcoming game. He sounds like a great bloke, I enjoyed the chat :thumbsu:

We'll be publishing it on the Collingwood board podcast which we'll share.

Watch out for it later in the week,

Cheers,

FYI Quicky, MeisterBot
heers mate. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsu:

I'm stupid because of my opinion?? Are you 10 years old?? Grow up.

3ra81k.jpg

With news Gunners is fine, I would like to see
In: Birchall Buddy Anderson Bailey
Out: Spangher Grimley Sewell and maybe Hill

Stratton Lake Guerra
Mitchell Gibson Birchall
Savage Hodge Smith
Puopolo Roughead Lewis
Rioli Franklin Gunston
Bailey Burgoyne Breust

Hale Whitecross Anderson.....Simpkin

Emergencies: 3 of Shiels Sewell, Hill Grimley &Spangher

Last spot goes to Shiels,Whiteross or Hill.Shiels if Clarko wants to give a tag to Pendlebury or Swan. Hill if it's a dry night.

Lake goes staight to Cloke
If Reid goes forward I think Stratts should get the job as Gibbo should be trying to zone off as usual
Our aim should be to get Reid in the backline. The way to do this is for Buddy to kill Keefe early which isn't unlikely
Brown will probably go to Rough
Harry traditionally takes Cyril but Harry is playing higher of late so i wouldn't be surprised to see Marley Williams get the job
Lewis as a defensive forward on Shaw again to make him lose is cool
Simpkin to go back to sub where he is most damaging

I think rhys_22 was being sincere. No need to be douches. We should hopefully be able to exchange opinions without resorting to insults

1. I was having a laugh with my pic. Lighten up.
2. He came on and called Cyril over rated and tells us he goes missing in big games. He may be sincere....... However, it would stack up better if he were actually trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back