Preview Hawks vs Pies - Discussion and changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Club is in lockdown for the next 6 weeks. Sewelly been given leave of absence from 360. The campaign begins!!! Strap yourselves in.

They also said Sewelly was studying so I think it was as much as about that as anything.

Woodward back training with the main group this week, could be a potential late in.

This is great news. A couple of weeks in the DS getting a feel for the game, a good preseason & ready for a real crack at the big time next year.

Club is in lockdown for the next 6 weeks. Sewelly been given leave of absence from 360. The campaign begins!!! Strap yourselves in.

Great news.

Any confirmation one way or another that we've just completed a large training block? Had a Swans mate tell me he knows someone that knows someone... blah, blah, blah.

???

Tough one this week -

I think we will see Birchall back as he needs game time before the finals, same as Shiels. Hodge a maybe depending on the thumb

In - Bailey, Franklin, Birchall, Shiels, Hodge (if fit)
Out - Grimley, Spangher, Simpkin (unlucky), Maybe Sewell to try and freshen him up, not sure who else.

Looking like 08, there will be some unlucky boys out there this year come september.

...In - Bailey, Franklin, Birchall, Shiels, Hodge (if fit)....

You would think that Birch and Sheila are musts. Gotta have match conditioning prior to the finals. As it is I reckon Birch will really struggle.

I wonder if Ozzie is still in the frame. He is still our best offensive offensive tagger. Dunno if he has the legs to play that run with role. To win a flag we need to keep a lid on guys like Maxwell, Mackey and Malceski. Whitecross may get the gig but he does not kick enough goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough one this week -

I think we will see Birchall back as he needs game time before the finals, same as Shiels. Hodge a maybe depending on the thumb

In - Bailey, Franklin, Birchall, Shiels, Hodge (if fit)
Out - Grimley, Spangher, Simpkin (unlucky), Maybe Sewell to try and freshen him up, not sure who else.

Looking like 08, there will be some unlucky boys out there this year come september.
Clarko wont make this many changes in 1 week, birchall will be back but will play at Box Hill this week and be back next week, they wont take the chance with Hodge so he can have another week off, I think it will be franklin , Bailey and Shiels in for Grimely, spanger and simpkin ( who was poor last week ). If we dont get any injuries this week we can bring in Birch and Hodge next week, then we can field our best team possible ( apart from suckling and schoenmakers) going into the business end of the season.

This is the sort of thing that makes me feel like we are getting ruthless. It's the small things, but it creates a level of focus and dedication that we may have been missing last year.

If I could make one coaching call this week it would be:

In: Anderson (11 tackles in VFL last week, we need to add that pressure to their ball carriers and has the run)

Out: Hill (its been a long season for the young lad, pretty much his first full season. He need to have a break and freshen up for the run home)

I wonder if Ozzie is still in the frame. He is still our best offensive offensive tagger. Dunno if he has the legs to play that run with role.

At the start of the year he did sensational jobs shutting down Stephen Hill and Malceski.

I am amazed he has not been back in since his injury.

Wind and rain forecast for Friday night, not exactly suited to our game plan strengths, lets see if we can adapt to the weather this time around, short kicking and trying to pinpoint passes in the wet with a slippery ball is not an effective approach, it cost us 4 goals against Richmond late in the 3rd when the clouds opened up, it was dumb arse football which had me pulling my hair out, hadn't been that frustrated at the footy in a while........ The boys are going to have to slog it out in this one.

Friday 16 August

Summary
wind.png

Min 8
Max 17
Very windy. Dry day.
Melbourne area

Mostly sunny day. Isolated showers possible at night. Winds northerly 30 to 45 km/h increasing to 45 to 65 km/h during the morning.

Not quite rain forecast, possible showers. Let's hope not..
Looks like it is going to be very windy though.

Source: Bureau of Meteorology

We probably have more to play for

Getting a home QF will define our season. The difference between say ....

Hawthorn v Freo (MCG)

and

Sydney v Hawthorn (SCG)

.... will in my opinion decide whether or not we make the gf.

The prospect of Collignwood getting a double chance is so slim im not sure you can even take it into serious consideration. Even if Sydney dropped the games I doubt Richmond will drop enough to let you past. Collingwood will get a home elimantion final regardless of whether they win or lose this game.

In short I think we have more to play for than you.

Getting a home QF will define our season. The difference between say ....

Hawthorn v Freo (MCG)

and

Sydney v Hawthorn (SCG)

.... will in my opinion decide whether or not we make the gf.

The prospect of Collignwood getting a double chance is so slim im not sure you can even take it into serious consideration. Even if Sydney dropped the games I doubt Richmond will drop

Preview Hawks vs Richmond
grizzlym, Friday at 10:24 PM ... 3 4 5 6 7
Replies:173
Views:9,061
LuvMyHawks
Today at 4:46 PM
enough to let you past. Collingwood will get a home elimantion final regardless of whether they win or lose this game.

In short I think we have more to play for than you.
I agree except for the Freo part
They won't finish 4th, with their run home will finish on 70 Pts, which will be top 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back