Preview Hawks vs Pies - Discussion and changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his regular AFL.com column, Lethal reckons it's Smithy that the Pies have to shut down, rather than Mitch or Hodgey. Fair point - I reckon Isaac is in career best form and is our chief runner.
Was thinking myself that I Omith & Savage would be playing very important roles tonight. If they both bring their A-game, we could win fairly comfortably.

It seems like the CFC has been handing out free memberships at all centrelink offices.... Well done pies on 80,000 members.

But counts for nothing tonight. Yep Pies playing for a top 4 chance, but we are playing for top 2, home final/s etc. I have mentioned before, This will be the biggest 6 weeks of our clubs season (Obviously). Redemption for last years disappointment begins tonight!!

Any news of possible late outs??

FYI, MCG carpark will be closed tonight. That'll be fun.
Thank god I can park at my work on Wellington Parade.

Was thinking myself that I Omith & Savage would be playing very important roles tonight. If they both bring their A-game, we could win fairly comfortably.
Savage has to produce a good game against quality opposition for mine. playing well against crap sides at the indoor stadium is one thing, doing it in tough conditions against a crack midfield is another, I wouldnt be relying on Savage in these type of games, if we win the midfield battle tonight it will be the old hands of Mitchell, lewis and Sewell getting the job done. Time for Savage to prove us wrong in a big game.

Savage has to produce a good game against quality opposition for mine. playing well against crap sides at the indoor stadium is one thing, doing it in tough conditions against a crack midfield is another, I wouldnt be relying on Savage in these type of games, if we win the midfield battle tonight it will be the old hands of Mitchell, lewis and Sewell getting the job done. Time for Savage to prove us wrong in a big game.

What about when he came on as sub in the QF last year against Collingwood and had 14 disposals and 2 important goals?

Any news of possible late outs??

FYI, MCG carpark will be closed tonight. That'll be fun.
Thank god I can park at my work on Wellington Parade.
Bout time they got rid of the trees and grass, poured concrete and made it a proper car park.

Radar on BOM shows some rain heading this way interesting to see whether it gets here before, during or after the game tonight
It is windy in town and its a bit all over the place, not the kind of wind that suits us should be interesting to see how we play the conditions tonight
Smith has really stepped up recently, if we can get Birch back to running well and Smith keeps doing what he is doing should make for some good quick attacking footy from the boys

Yep, agree with all points. :thumbsu:

And I'm not confident with the Lake/Cloke matchup. Despite beating the Bulldogs convincingly for years now, Cloke has never been able to get off the Lake leash. And Brian is looking the fittest he has been in probably three seasons. Will be another cracking matchup, and one that will probably determine the result. If Cloke is held to 1 or 2 goals, then we'll be in a bit of trouble.

Having said that, he kicked 5 in the QF last year and we still got pumped. :p

This is the first time we have had Lake to play on Cloke, but perhaps it is not as good as it first seems.

In the past Collingwood as just banged it long all game and Cloke has kicked bags of 5 or 6 pretty much each game, but the last 4 games they have been pretty convincingly beaten despite this.

Perhaps Collingwood will adjust their tactics for the Cloke/Lake match up that they usually use against us....... but that game plan has allowed us to beat them convincingly!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late mail from a usually very reliable poster on our board is Hodge will not play.

Is he though mate? I would like Hodge to play to prove him wrong!

This is the first time we have had Lake to play on Cloke, but perhaps it is not as good as it first seems.

In the past Collingwood as just banged it long all game and Cloke has kicked bags of 5 or 6 pretty much each game, but the last 4 games they have been pretty convincingly beaten despite this.

Perhaps Collingwood will adjust their tactics for the Cloke/Lake match up that they usually use against us....... but that game plan has allowed us to beat them convincingly!!!

The difference this time is that we will have Reid up forward. Tonight has the makings of an epic game.

The difference this time is that we will have Reid up forward. Tonight has the makings of an epic game.

I just meant that perhaps having Lake makes Collingwood rethink their game plan more, which is not a good thing for Hawthorn as the game plan you have trotted out against us since 2010-present has been effectual the last 2 years.

We have Franklin & Roughead. collingwood have no back..............bone.

My post wasn't meant as a comparison between the forward lines. I am happy to concede that your forwards are superior. I do think that our mids are better though. As I said...should be a good contest.

Pity about the wind but as long as the rain stays away it should be a good match.
I am not all that confident as our form as been patchy but hopefully that is just related to training loads and we can switch it on tonight like we did against the Bombers.

I just meant that perhaps having Lake makes Collingwood rethink their game plan more, which is not a good thing for Hawthorn as the game plan you have trotted out against us since 2010-present has been effectual the last 2 years.

It is certainly a good test for us. Our year has been very inconsistent so hopefully we can give your guys a scare.

Late mail from a usually very reliable poster on our board is Hodge will not play.
This seems to be the common wisdom at the moment. Its a wonder why teams play ducks and drakes with selections given every man and his dog finds out who the late change is prior to the match. In saying that, don't be surprised if ti is BS and Hodge lines up and someone else is a late change.

NS_hodge_a.jpg

real-coleman-medal.jpg
Untitled.jpg
lbAFL4_20130709124912665940-496x620.jpg
00290065-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_913e6ef8-b8d5-4f20-9d47-e99c063550a6_20130402230022_img-thing.jpeg
596440-jarryd-roughead.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back