Preview Hawks vs Pies - Discussion and changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Roughy does ruck. We've carried one too many rucks all year. Now we need the extra run.

Contrary to some, Roughy did not blow up last year, he was on one leg with his ankle injury. Unfortunately, we managed that terribly as when he had it operated on post season he was right in two weeks and they made him carry it for most of last year.

And you're happy with Roughead in the forward line less?

Think its safe to say we won't see Ando in the seniors again this year now.

Nah they are doing the right thing by Jed and getting a good solid month of footy into him rather than him coming up and being sub. He missed a heap of footy in the middle of the year.

He does need a spot to open up for him but there is no way he should be ruled out now. Remember we lost Goo and Whitecross during the finals campaign last year too.

Mark Robinson on 360 just said that David Schwarz said on the radio this afternoon that Hodge will be a late out. Thumb still not ready.

Would make the late Bailey inclusion a bit easier...

Mark Robinson on 360 just said that David Schwarz said on the radio this afternoon that Hodge will be a late out. Thumb still not ready.

Would make the late Bailey inclusion a bit easier...
I was listening to SEN when Ox was saying that. Seemed pretty sure of himself that Hodge won't play.

Nah they are doing the right thing by Jed and getting a good solid month of footy into him rather than him coming up and being sub. He missed a heap of footy in the middle of the year.

He does need a spot to open up for him but there is no way he should be ruled out now. Remember we lost Goo and Whitecross during the finals campaign last year too.
Well going by that logic we could see Amos Frank get a game

Folks,

This week our two teams will be competing for the Beyond Blue cup.

I managed to get an interview with Jeff Kennett a few days ago and have a chat about the work he does with Beyond Blue and his thoughts on the upcoming game. He sounds like a great bloke, I enjoyed the chat :thumbsu:

We'll be publishing it on the Collingwood board podcast which we'll share.

Watch out for it later in the week,

Cheers,

FYI Quicky, MeisterBot

Hey guys as promised check out this weeks podcast.

A big shout out to Messenger for being on the panel. It was great to have a Hawthorn perspective.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow nights game. You guys have the wood on us and it is another big challenge for us. It should be a cracker!

I hope Roughy does ruck. We've carried one too many rucks all year. Now we need the extra run.

real-coleman-medal.jpg

...A big shout out to Messenger for being on the panel. It was great to have a Hawthorn perspective.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow nights game. You guys have the wood on us and it is another big challenge for us. It should be a cracker!

Dang, I just created a thread about this on their board at the same time! :p

Hope I don't get into trouble :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta be honest I thought Birch would have needed a run in the 2s. I would be surprised if he were our sub. Seems like a waste. Why isn't Maxy playing? He should be, and with the likes of swan, pendles, beams and front bum, I would have thought shields would have came in this week after a stint for box hill last week.

Who is front bum?

Emergencies are Bailey, Simpkin and Cheney

Round 21 team
FB: Stratton Lake Guerra
HB: Burgoyne Gibson Duryea
C: Smith Mitchell Whitecross
HF: Hodge Franklin Gunston
FF: Breust Roughead Rioli
RUCKS: Hale Sewell Lewis
IC: Birchall, Hill, Savage, Puopolo

EM: Bailey, Simpkin, Cheney

IN: Hodge, Birchall, Franklin
OUT: Spangher, Grimley, Simpkin (all omitted)

Well, looks like we are pretty much where we want to be. I consider there to be 3 to 4 spots up for grabs with Big Max, Shiels, Anderson and Simpkin to make up our best 25 to 26 going into the finals. I still feel Anderson can push for a spot and Simpkin has to be in the hunt as possible sub. Ceglar, Cheney and Spanger good depth if required.

Really happy that players like Savage, Smith and Pop are in our best 22 so here's hoping they can keep up the good work into the finals.

Nothing more certain than Bailey coming in. If he was not right then he wouldn't be emergency. Clarko believes we are a better team when he's 1st ruck. Only reason why I think he could be left out is if it's wet. Even then.....

Hodge would be my guess. But it could also be Birch, Buddy or even Gunners. Who knows

Would nearly go as far as saying that he's our most important in but I think in truth it's Hodge.

As great as it is to have the Franklin bow in the quiver I'm pretty comfortable with our fwd line potency. Part of me would actually like to see Roughy be the main focal point to increase his chances in the Coleman.

Nah most important is Mitchell - by a long way

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Great ins for you guys. Going to be very hard to beat with that lineup. Birchall sub?

Really looking forward to seeing how far we've come in the last two weeks against the best. I feel if we can get close this time round, we'll give the finals a bit of a shake but consistency has been a major problem this year. And when we get beat, we get pounded so a blowout isnt out of the question either.

Best of luck (after this week).

Should be a good game this one. You guys are setting up a lot differently to recent previous encounters. Will be interesting to see if the Hawks still score as easily as they have one with the new set up for the pies. Will also be interesting to see how Lake goes against Cloke which we have not seen yet.

We need Hill. We can't beat Collingwood on the inside, it'll need to be the outside we get them.

I've been saying this about us for the past 24 months that our outside game is very vulnerable and we always get shown up by the likes of Hawthorn and occasionally Swans/Cats on the outside.

We have no problems winning the ball on the inside but we don't do enough with it when we get it and we seem to get plenty of it when you look at the numbers- all our key players are getting it 30+ times on average.

If we are to beat you guys, we must not only get first hands on it as frequently as possible but actually put you guys on the back foot and not be wasteful with it otherwise, you will just cut us up like seems to be the norm the last few outings.

We'll find out as to what our side has learned against the your mob tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back