Preview Hawks vs Pies - Discussion and changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pies line up like that Rough & Bud will share a dozen.
Reid needs to go back.
the only way collingwood can win is if they have a player taking gibson out of his spoiling/sweeping role and away from cloke. Lynch maybe an option but isn't that dangerous...if gibson plays off reid he will get burnt badly. I believe he will play the entire match up forward and should.

Ceglar is a better option than Lowden, even with a 2 posession game, that's how far off senior footy Lowden is

He may be better as a dual positional player Ruck/forward, that doesn't mean he's a better Ruckman.

He's been in the best 2 weeks in a row now 2nd and 3rd best in that order. I'd say he's in reasonably good form and could be in contention if Bailey doesn't get up.

If Pies line up like that Rough & Bud will share a dozen.
Reid needs to go back.

Goldsack will play on Buddy, I would think. Keefe to Hale as a start and Brown to Roughead.
Williams to Rioli, Shaw to Breust, Maxwell to Gunston, Sinclair to Puopolo if he's down there. The match ups aren't horrible for us on paper, they just always end up being that way in reality!

Hawthorn's dominance over Collingwood is part of the problem that Hawthorn have. It's absurd that such talented players see one particular set of colors or opponents and light it up, and then see another and almost always underperform. That's a mental problem and imo, is part of the reason you lost the flag last year. Having said this, and it drives me insane to admit it, with your forward line power all clicking, which they inevitably do against Collingwood, I think the Hawks will win comfortably again.

Goldsack will play on Buddy, I would think. Keefe to Hale as a start and Brown to Roughead.
Williams to Rioli, Shaw to Breust, Maxwell to Gunston, Sinclair to Puopolo if he's down there. The match ups aren't horrible for us on paper, they just always end up being that way in reality!

Hawthorn's dominance over Collingwood is part of the problem that Hawthorn have. It's absurd that such talented players see one particular set of colors or opponents and light it up, and then see another and almost always underperform. That's a mental problem and imo, is part of the reason you lost the flag last year. Having said this, and it drives me insane to admit it, with your forward line power all clicking, which they inevitably do against Collingwood, I think the Hawks will win comfortably again.
Agree wholeheartedly
Buddy for example almost always lights it up against your mob and the Bombers while against Richmond and Geelong he looks awful. All mental

Ordinary post.

Methinks will enjoy this match much more than our last meet...

Cheers!

If you dominate the midfield you have a chance but if you let us win it in the centre this match will go the way of the typical Hawks v Pies games where you can't contain our fwd line. Having Lake onboard also mitigates the level of threat that Cloke poses. I certainly won't be losing much sleep over the thought of losing this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, it's pretty bloody obvious you just here to rile people up. Seriously, provide something constructive or piss off, your behavior is akin to a 14 year old. It's lame and see through.

How rude.

I thought we were bonding...

Had no idea woz rufflin' feathers.

Oh well, a nods as good as a squawk to this Four N' Twenty...

Cheers!

(And good luck; may the best team on the day win.)

Think its time the mods did their thing, the noise coming out of this one is very annoying.

So to the game, it will be interesting which Hawthorn turns up this week. Collingwood will beat the tired looking side that we've presented the last two weeks, but who knows we may come out firing again. As long as we're primed for finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back