Votes: 300 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Bring back the pelican

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The hawks pick is the cherry on top.
The fact it's a likely top 10 pick is whatever goes ontop of a cherry?

You could win the flag and we're still in front.

Win as many games as you want!

Will take the advice, I'll text Clarko now

Not sure how we beat Collingwood actually, we only seem to win games when we really want to beat someone

Will take the advice, I'll text Clarko now

Not sure how we beat Collingwood actually, we only seem to win games when we really want to beat someone

Clarko sending a text
images

Never ceases to amaze me that people can be arrogant about something they have had absolutely no involvement in.

And wasn't it great to have these guys gracing us a few weeks ago when the hawks couldn't beat an egg? I look forward to their continued contributions in the coming weeks against gws etc....

Like the 5 out of 6 Hawks supporters sitting in front of me who walked out early in the last quarter of the Bulldogs v Hawks final last year. Only one stayed to applaud the the team that had just won them three premierships in a row.

None of this has anything to do with on-field performances, except that we're saying the trade will be a win for us regardless of whether we end up with pick 1 or pick 18. That doesn't mean we think a draft pick is more important than a premiership. You're drawing a very long bow to make that kind of claim.

Its a big win if judged by the draft pick points system - that will never change.

You still have to draft a kid that helps you win your next flag. You could draft the next Tambling, but you could get the next Bontempelli.... I get it, its exciting for you guys, you haven't had a lot to cheer about recently.

I think it will be used for Josh Kelly though.

Its a big win if judged by the draft pick points system - that will never change.

You still have to draft a kid that helps you win your next flag. You could draft the next Tambling, but you could get the next Bontempelli.... I get it, its exciting for you guys, you haven't had a lot to cheer about recently.

Very enlightening.

If we hadn't made the trade we may have drafted Ben Long anyway , in which case its a win.
We may have gotten Powell-Pepper.
If we'd gotten Powell-Pepper we'd have possibly put our rebuild forward a little. There IS a penalty for waiting until next year.

But its still hard to tell what the outcome would be if we picked one of the other favourites at that spot.

So what's more likely a single pick from 2016 washing out, or Battle, Long and next years first round pick all washing out?

Statistically we've hedged our bets , and the deal makes sense for StKilda every day of the week, whether or not the stupid draft points system says it will.
Yes we may get the next Tambling, but we could have had him this year too.
I'd be leading the charge to sack the recruitment staff if they had turned down that deal.

Geez it'd be nice to see the same level of leniency over at the hawks board that our mods apply to trolls taking potshots.

Consider yourselves lucky boys we're made of sterner stuff over here.

We all know what happens at the first sign of trouble down at Waverly Gardens don't we?

images

That will look good as the Dingley Methanes new jumper.

Yeah we can have 100s of pages talking about whatever we like actually.

Happy for Hawks to drop in and contribute (as above) but if you're gonna add nothing and be like 'lolz it's only a draft pick, we got flagz' then please return to the main board.

Don't let St Kilda having Hawthorn's 2017 first round pick distract you from the fact that Ben McEvoy has kicked 11 goals straight this year.

:oops:

Don't let St Kilda having Hawthorn's 2017 first round pick distract you from the fact that Ben McEvoy has kicked 11 goals straight this year.

Don't let McEvoy kicking 11 goals straight distract you from the fact you gave us your first this year to trade for someone not currently playing :rolleyes:

Having a great season!

But don't let that distract you from the fact Billy Longer has at least 11 kicks this year!

Maybe even 12. I'm not betting on it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a great season!

But don't let that distract you from the fact Billy Longer has at least 11 kicks this year!

I have noticed that McEvoy seems to play better without a backup ruckman. Much like he did at St Kilda in 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Anyway enjoy our first round pick and whoever you draft, may he have a long and successful career.

Having a great season!

Please don't overestimate him. 9 kicks this year. I reckon he must be close to some sort of record. He does hit that ball though.

Please don't overestimate him. 9 kicks this year. I reckon he must be close to some sort of record. He does hit that ball though.
I'm sure the coaches know best and what they want from our rucks and this is why Longer is ahead of Hickey

I'm sure the coaches know best and what they want from our rucks and this is why Longer is ahead of Hickey

Just said he hits the ball and has had 9 kicks. No idea what that has to do with the coaches know best. I'm pretty sure they do know plenty more than me. I would bloody well hope so.

Just hope Hickey is the preferred ruck when and if we play finals.

The current coaching and recruiting team at Hawthorn make moves with a vision to be the best in the league. To chase the ultimate success. It's not always going to work perfectly but I'd take a team that pushes in all their chips and backs their vision without hesitation.

The current coaching and recruiting team at Hawthorn make moves with a vision to be the best in the league. To chase the ultimate success. It's not always going to work perfectly but I'd take a team that pushes in all their chips and backs their vision without hesitation.

Guess what?

Noone around here gives two shits.

I'm utterly thrilled the hawks have clearly been drinking their own bath water and sold their rebuild potential for a bloke who can't walk.

I love that lobotomised clarko disciples have conveniently forgotten their recent premiership success was off the back of NOT taking jaeger type shortcuts and instead drafting rough buddy lewis cyril etc etc with high picks.

It's going to be wonderful watching all the fingerpointing for year upon year down at dingley.

Last edited:

As opposed to those other teams striving for straight up mediocrity.

Guess what?

Noone around here gives two shits.

I'm utterly thrilled the hawks have clearly been drinking their own bath water and sold their rebuild potential for a bloke who can't walk.

I love that lobotomised clarko disciples have conveniently forgotten their recent premiership success was off the back of NOT taking jaeger type shortcuts and instead drafting rough buddy lewis cyril etc etc with high picks.

It's going to be wonderful watching all the fingerpointing for year upon year down at dingley.

There there precious.

All I said was I'd rather a club set out a plan and throw everything at it than play it conservative and wilt when the buy in was raised.
Bath water. Whatever. The premiership teams of 13, 14 and 15 were as much confident trades/free agency deals as high draft picks from the mid 2000's.
And if you want to play the high draft pick route, then the Hawks are essentially doing very that with the O'Meara/Mitchell/O'Rourke trades. Haven't had access to high picks over those years so they're engineering ways to bring talent from those draft years into the club.

The fact you brought up O'Meara's ability to walk when I was talking about a 'reach for the sky' approach tells me you don't understand this at all.

And finally, lol. Mud slinging about Dingley and our inevitable doom. Sure, it might happen. But at least there's a vision to grow as a club and a business. You should check your own backyard before taking a shot at the off field movements of other clubs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Hawthorn 2017 1st Round Pick Watch

Back