Hawthorn Premiership Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tigers are 15.5 point favourites. The odds haven't been this close for them since they played Sydney back in round fifteen. They have been coasting for two months. And as Hawthorn supporters have learned, it isn't easy to just flip the switch on when under pressure.

Tigers to win comfortably

Hawks awesome form over the last 6 weeks is well and truly overstated, they've played 3 rabbles, another team out of the 8, and 2 teams who won't go far in September.

I get you can only beat who is in front of you, and they have done that well, but they simply aren't in Richmond's class

Playing Richmond - we go tall in our forward line, exploit their ruckman, move the ball quickly through the middle, Tag Cotchin and watch Martin - they are the soul of the team and when they are being beaten their team gets deflated and their form suffers. Riewwoldt get a work over, got a short fuse and can spit his dummy if things don't go his way. Give Rance a few reminders about his ability to perform an inward reverse double twist.

Tigers to win comfortably

Hawks awesome form over the last 6 weeks is well and truly overstated, they've played 3 rabbles, another team out of the 8, and 2 teams who won't go far in September.

I get you can only beat who is in front of you, and they have done that well, but they simply aren't in Richmond's class

See what you mean. Hawks routinely despatch Swans in finals. Remember 2011 when the game was well over and Sydney fans started chanting Collingwood Collingwood. How embarrasing
But I guess you just went he same sentiment really

See what you mean. Hawks routinely despatch Swans in finals. Remember 2011 when the game was well over and Sydney fans started chanting Collingwood Collingwood. How embarrasing
But I guess you just went he same sentiment really

I was at that game, I don't think that happened. In any event, its of no relevance to what I posted or anything in this thread. Tigers are superior team end of, if you're delusional enough to think otherwise you're going to be disappointed

BTW, is English your first language?

I was at that game, I don't think that happened. In any event, its of no relevance to what I posted or anything in this thread. Tigers are superior team end of, if you're delusional enough to think otherwise you're going to be disappointed

BTW, is English your first language?

In english? You are pathetic

Playing Richmond - we go tall in our forward line, exploit their ruckman, move the ball quickly through the middle, Tag Cotchin and watch Martin - they are the soul of the team and when they are being beaten their team gets deflated and their form suffers. Riewwoldt get a work over, got a short fuse and can spit his dummy if things don't go his way. Give Rance a few reminders about his ability to perform an inward reverse double twist.
That easy is it?

Was really obvious, through selection and game plan, that Clarko has zero faith in the Hawthorn youngsters.
Persisting with players like Puopolo, who offers two thirds of bugger all, isn't going to cut it in September.

Is there nobody at Box Hill that can take Puopolo's place?
Roughy looks old, slow and shot.
Is Gunston a forward or a back?

Why is Sicily mouthing off when his team is getting smashed?
Will Clarko need to pay Gil a visit to get some assistance from Stevic next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haw are the 8th best team in the 8. Rank outsiders from the outset. Can you believe the line last night was backed into -14.5??? Media hype obviously influences foolish punters. I thought the -19.5 at start of the week was basically a free money giveaway from the bookies to open up the finals but it actually came in 5 pts. Remarkable stuff

Did you miss Worpel who had 27 disposals, 5 clearances and 1 goal? Nash who was playing only his second game had 16 disposals, 6 marks, 7 tackles, 1 goal and 2 behinds.

Hawthorn are a very good chance of beating Sydney this week. No Smith and Johnson means Gunston and Breust will be a handful.
Good chance you wont have to. Word from the club is we have a cunning plan.

Haw are the 8th best team in the 8. Rank outsiders from the outset. Can you believe the line last night was backed into -14.5??? Media hype obviously influences foolish punters. I thought the -19.5 at start of the week was basically a free money giveaway from the bookies to open up the finals but it actually came in 5 pts. Remarkable stuff

Belted your lot, belted Melbourne, beat Geelong both times, beat Sydney on the SCG. Ran each of the other sides in the 8 to a couple of goals. We finished 4th and that is about right.

But yeah, we're the 8th best team in it because some Collingwood nuffy with a gambling problem says so. :rolleyes:

Richmond $1.90
West Coast $7.50
Collingwood $8.00
Melbourne $11.00
Geelong $13.00
Sydney $18.00
Hawthorn, GWS $21.00

I suspect the winner of the WC/Collingwood QF will come in to about $5-6 and the loser will go out into double figures. Will be interesting to see how they frame the market after the semis.

Get on the Hawks at better than $2 to beat either Melbourne or Geelong next week.

People overrate the winning Elimination Finalists and underrate the losing Qualifying Finalists.

It happens every year.

Most years aren't like 2018. There's not much between WC in 2nd and Geelong in 8th. The biggest wildcard we throw into the mix is hosting two finals in Perth. Just look at the current odds. Hawthorn lost once with the double chance and have already fallen down to be the longest priced team for the flag despite the facts that two teams won't be there next week and they will.

Plus the Dogs won the flag from 7th in 2016, Port and North both made the prelims from outside the top 4 in 2014. It's more common these days than it was previously. 2017 reverted to the norm though.

Get on the Hawks at better than $2 to beat either Melbourne or Geelong next week.

People overrate the winning Elimination Finalists and underrate the losing Qualifying Finalists.

It happens every year.

You think the pre finals bye will change things?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn Premiership Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back