Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Should Hawks Be Punished?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All the talk of young talent and early draft picks...

This thread needs more Wizard - kid could be the best small forward in the competition within a very short period of time.

All the talk of young talent and early draft picks...

This thread needs more Wizard - kid could be the best small forward in the competition within a very short period of time.
it's amazing to see that toby greene successfully emulated him on sunday!

WTF. I have never seen this level of blatant tanking acceptance by a club. Sam Mitchell outright said he wanted to tank and not meddle around in the middle. Their trade period.

Are the ****ing AFL going to step in and do something? AFL need to go down hard on Hawks and strip them of picks

I've never seen another club purposely and blatantly tank. It's unfair they are doing that to obtain a generational player in Harley Reid

They are completely compromising the draft!!!
WTF. I have never seen this level of blatant tanking acceptance by a club. Adam Simpson has compromised the draft.

Kept on those from 2015 such as Cripps, Yeo, McGovern and Darling.

And, Harley Reid is an Eagle.

WTF. I have never seen this level of blatant tanking acceptance by a club. Adam Simpson has compromised the draft.

Kept on those from 2015 such as Cripps, Yeo, McGovern and Darling.

And, Harley Reid is an Eagle.
As I said when I first saw this thread...trolls and halfwits.

And I think you've just quoted King Halfwit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rebuilds are hard work.
I did spare a thought for Red Bull when this was posted recently, after spending so much time declaring that the KCC was just a figment of our imagination.

It worked when the Cats fans were saying it, but you have actually missed the last 5 final's series.
It's based on a running joke through this thread from a few oppo posters, so it's fair play that the Hawks supporters are giving it back IMO.

Purely from a literal standpoint, you've got a point though. 5 years out of the finals and then rising from there is pretty standard for a rebuild timeline.

It's based on a running joke through this thread from a few oppo posters, so it's fair play that the Hawks supporters are giving it back IMO.

Purely from a literal standpoint, you've got a point though. 5 years out of the finals and then rising from there is pretty standard for a rebuild timeline.
If it's standard, then it's not hard.

Hawthorn are playing sensational footy of late.

Biggest Geelong/Hawthorn game since the 2016 QF coming up? We are in the home stretch of the season and both teams are thereabouts, albeit not genuine contenders. Better fare than the usual 3rd vs 17th type stuff we've had over the past 5 years.
2018 was 5th v 9th in Round 21

From 2020 we have only played once early in the season

Back