List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt, that pick is gone now.

In terms of paying the dollars, we have to meet in the middle here. We can't keep getting blown out of the water by minnow clubs, and we do need to acknowledge the changing landscape of FA and increases in cap limits.

I'm not saying going all "Crazy Vossy", but we need to get with the program. We are no longer "the destination club", and we are now competing with the likes of Richmond, Melbourne and Essendon for the types we want. We can't offer the promise of flags like we could during the 3 peat. Clubs are building world class facilities. Coaching and fitness departments are similar now.

It's an arms race, and some clubs have caught up. We're in the fight with them. And it means upping the ante with coin.

Move with the times Hawthorn, or get left behind.

Perfectly put hence my reason we need to pushing the envelope as much as we can to the magic million dollar mark.

My first post re Dylan Shiel. Been waiting for clear intent and some reliable information. It appears to be between us and Carlton. Same informed money is on us.
We’ve always been in front. Our offer is upped , don’t worry about that. Dylan wants to play in the best possible system make no mistake, he has spoken glowingly about the hfc in the past , nothing changes that. Carlton 1.2m deal isn’t over 7 years, that’s ludicrous. Remember, GW did not shoot down Dylan rumors, all he had to say was “ we are not loooking into him” and be done with but didn’t. My ‘Guy’ is still adamant, not only about Dylan either.

We’ve always been in front. Our offer is upped , don’t worry about that. Dylan wants to play in the best possible system make no mistake, he has spoken glowingly about the hfc in the past , nothing changes that. Carlton 1.2m deal isn’t over 7 years, that’s ludicrous. Remember, GW did not shoot down Dylan rumors, all he had to say was “ we are not loooking into him” and be done with but didn’t. My ‘Guy’ is still adamant, not only about Dylan either.
About whom else?

GW just said we don’t comment on contracted players.

Which is code for, we’re in it up to our eye balls.

I’m not sure why if you remember back that time I mentioned about Dylan a few months ago?? I also said that clarko wants a small dangerous frwd . Can’t give a name until it’s confirmed to me but I may have mentioned it passingly.

If it's Wingard that cat is out of the bag... :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GW just said we don’t comment on contracted players.

Which is code for, we’re in it up to our eye balls.
Yep, no doubt. On the Dylan thread, I basically told anyone willing to listen to cross saints and blues off the list month a go. One of my real good connections is actually from Essendon. Top guy as well.

If that’s the case, it must be us. They’re a deadset rabble.
I saw Dylan down Hastings st this morning.

I pointed him in the direction of the best custard tart Noosa has to offer. He thanked me and asked how he could repay the favor.

Done deal to Hawks.

i know this isnt he right thread for this but can someone tell me what the latest with Sam Mitchell is. This may have some bearing in who we may try to bring in by trade or draft.

i know this isnt he right thread for this but can someone tell me what the latest with Sam Mitchell is. This may have some bearing in who we may try to bring in by trade or draft.
Maybe read the Sam Mitchell thread.

If shiel has bad shoulders why would the club be after him and why are so many posters so keen on him.
I would have thought Gaff is a better proposition and doesnt have any injury issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back