Preview Hawthorn v Bulldogs, 3 August 2014, 3.20pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No special resting of players, the guys just had a second bye before the Swans. If they are right they play, if not they don't. Doggies play a tough game so it will probably be taxing. Lets not be complacent against them, should be a nice 35 - 50 point win. % boost will be important with the tight race at the top. The $wans play the Dons so I don't think they will blow them off the park. Win this week and we should be top of the table heading into the week after. Lose any of the games against the Pies, Doggies or Melbourne and the hard fought win last week was for nothing.

No changes depending on Spanghers Ankle. It would be nice to get him back if he is ready. I have no idea who for. Ceglar might be the only other possible change. Looking like a longer than expected season might be telling on him. I still think no changes this week.

At least this week and next will be more time and confidence in Lithers, Stratton, Gibbo, Sammy and Hill. Might

Spangher back line
Scooey forward
Unlucky Woody out and nah, this isn't quite working out. Spangher unlucky and a very bad time to be getting injured. Sewelly on the edge and wouldn't want to miss too many more.

Good to see Spang is pushing for selection but the Bullies don't have a very big forward line it has to be said.

Maybe In : Spang,
Out: Woody

Doc could probably come back as well but not sure who else would go out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Spang is pushing for selection but the Bullies don't have a very big forward line it has to be said.

Maybe In : Spang,
Out: Woody

Doc could probably come back as well but not sure who else would go out

Do we really need that many talls vs the dogs?

Simpkin is an interesting one. He did a great job as a defensive forward. Sydney is a good match for him as he can keep up with most of them. Doggies seem to be quick. Pretty hard to drop a guy after what was arguably his best game for the club.

The more I see of Hartung the more I like. I'd play him probably at the expense of Woody. We do have a history of dumping debutants who were subs.

It's nice to go into this round not having to make any changes if we don't want to.

That being said, I wouldn't mind Hartung getting some game time as well. Spangh is interesting - we don't wanna do a Sydney and go into the game too tall.

Interesting times for selection. I mean with Lake, Spang, Hale, Rioli and Sewell to come back, who makes way. Some tough, tough calls coming up for the selection crew. Great position to be in coming into the most important time of year.

Last edited:
Doc for Simpkin. Not that I think Simpkin has done anything wrong, I just think it may play out like that.

Spang one more week on the sidelines - back for Melbourne.

I can see Woody maybe getting another run.

If Hartung is part of the finals plans then I'd like to see him come in as sub either this week or next week depending on how his match fitness is going. Happy for no change unless they want to bring in Sphager for Woody and make Simpkin Sub.

I think Billy could be super important for in our September games, so I would like him to get a run sooner rather than later. I would like Woody to get another run, and against a good young hard at it inside mids, would be perfect for him to see where he is at. Realistically, he won't play finals this year, so one full game would be great for him, and his confidence.
Hale to give Ceg a week off while the football department debate who will partner Big Boy in September.

This is hilarious. Truly, it is. I can't even remember our last defender to receive this much praise after gifting a forward a 5 goal game.

Funny isn't it - schoey being replaced on the cross when he gave up 2 and Spangher being welcomed back with open arms. Just goes to prove you see what you want too see and ignore what's really happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back