Game Day Hawthorn vs Adelaide at the MCG, Rnd 12 - Do or Die

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair to our MCG record, Nicks has only played Melbourne and Collingwood there for 5 losses which is hardly surprising given the quality of those teams

The five prior to that were Collingwood, Richmond twice, Hawthorn and Carlton. Three of those games also being against top 4 sides.

Really should have beaten Carlton in 2018 and Collingwood in 2017.

Genuine 50/50 game though. Why we're playing our 5th consecutive away game against Hawthorn I'm not sure

Should be a close one. Feels like the Hawks are just a little behind us in their rebuild progression, if this was at Adelaide Oval I'd be pretty comfortable with us winning. Being in Melbourne I think that makes this a real 50/50 game.

Rankine out really hurts us, hopefully Soligo and Dawson have blinders in the middle and Fog continues his good form from last week and kicks a bag.

Crows by 13

Should be a close one. Feels like the Hawks are just a little behind us in their rebuild progression, if this was at Adelaide Oval I'd be pretty comfortable with us winning. Being in Melbourne I think that makes this a real 50/50 game.

Rankine out really hurts us, hopefully Soligo and Dawson have blinders in the middle and Fog continues his good form from last week and kicks a bag.

Crows by 13

Soligo to be subbed while having a great game.
You know Nicksy will do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were 50 points down - we were lucky to draw

Listening to Bruce is like an old friend calling to say hi.

And you are right we were very lucky to even draw it and not too many games with a huge game deciding mark literally in the last second.

Lucky to be at this game and I thought then MM was such an extraordinary talent. Marking, hugely athletic, footy smarts and great skills. Has really been a wasted career overall with lack of drive and injuries. Glad he is coming good finally.

Crows by 13
Hawks looked exceptional first 3 qtrs against Power. Good form line overall after a poor first 4-5 weeks. A loss here wouldn't surprise me unfortunately

That highlights of the draw versus Collingwood gave me flashbacks to how slow Kelly was chasing when the ball hit the ground. Collingwood forwards streaming towards goal.

Similarly how slow he was to kick a long high ball after taking a mark. It was ridiculous McGovern took that last mark considering Kelly kicked the inside 50.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should win, but doubt we do. We just never seem to win these type of games in Melbourne. Hope I am very wrong
Today will tell us a lot about our side as to whether they can take the next step of winning a game we would normally drop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Hawthorn vs Adelaide at the MCG, Rnd 12 - Do or Die

Remove this Banner Ad

Back