Preview Hawthorn vs Adelaide - Teams, chat, scones etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was actual leg speed that made us look slow against North, but rather that Goldstien played so well and this hit outs were giving North first use nearly every time. Bailey should beat Adelaide's rucks giving us first touch which should get the ball moving quickly into our forward 50.

I don't think it was actual leg speed that made us look slow against North, but rather that Goldstien played so well and this hit outs were giving North first use nearly every time. Bailey should beat Adelaide's rucks giving us first touch which should get the ball moving quickly into our forward 50.
Adelaide's ruckman is very, very good. Not sure who his support staffer is though.

I think we're all confusing contested mark and pack mark, we have many that can take a contested mark, pack mark only Hale and its pretty rare when he does.

Hodge can take a pack mark as well. I'm not sure how he does it!

For those suggesting Ossie be dropped watch his effort just after Cyril does his string. Outstanding. What a great credit to him coming off a knee reco at his age. Looks super hungry to me. A great addition to the side. Has got himself super fit.
Am amazed at how agile he is. Still has some spring in his jump and looks a lot more hungry than early last year. Good on him :thumbsu:

Osborne could still be a wildcard for us this year. Now that Rioli is out for about months, this is a good opportunity for Osborne to step up in the absense of one of our best players. If he can maintain this sort of form, I wouldn't be suprised if he was in our best 22 come finals time. :thumbsu:

Regards Contested Marking, see below, Forward/Defenders for Hawthorn.

Stats from the AFL Site

Roughead - Total Marks - 23, Contested 4
Hale - 23, 10
Gunston - 16, 4
Puopolo - 12, 1
Franklin - 26, 11
Stratton - 24, 3
Hodge - 17, 5
Gibson - 19, 0
Lake - 3, 2

Hale takes contested marks, so i can't see why we'd drop him.

Why should we drop Hale

He couldnt catch a cold vs North ... was dropping them willy nilly but seemed to do ok in the last qtr in the ruck , which helped us get some clearances.

Another one of those performances and I would lose faith in him as a marking forward as he offers nothing at ground level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LTI upgrade Schoenmakers for Wanganeen who is with me?
We have 5 rookies and 4 players (i'm putting Cyril into this category) that are long term injured. All bar one player could be upgraded so the fact that we haven't upgraded anyone suggests something. We only upgrade a rookie when they are required.

We have 5 rookies and 4 players (i'm putting Cyril into this category) that are long term injured. All bar one player could be upgraded so the fact that we haven't upgraded anyone suggests something. We only upgrade a rookie when they are required.

Should upgrade rookies for the 3 easy weeks before the bye IMO. Wanganeen first.

He couldnt catch a cold vs North ... was dropping them willy nilly but seemed to do ok in the last qtr in the ruck , which helped us get some clearances.

He is no good as a back up ruckman to Max Bailey, that's the thing. I don't see why we're playing both of them in the same side.

I'd rather give Langers a go ahead of Wanganeen.
This. It would probably be in order of Langford, Ceglar, Wanganeen, Frank then Boseley in terms of who gets upgraded on their performances so far this year. But it'll all come down to a need basis and if none are none, you'd imagine none will get upgraded.

Just for my
This. It would probably be in order of Langford, Ceglar, Wanganeen, Frank then Boseley in terms of who gets upgraded on their performances so far this year. But it'll all come down to a need basis and if none are none, you'd imagine none will get upgraded.
Just for my information, what is the disadvantage of upgrading a rookie? Is it financial?

Just for my
Just for my information, what is the disadvantage of upgrading a rookie? Is it financial?
There is a cost but also once you upgrade one you can't change your mind and nominate another. For example, say we upgrade Wangers and then All our rucks get a cold in the one week and can't play. Unless we had a second spot free then we couldn't use Ceglar. But in our case it is likely the major deterrent is financial - waste of money to promote unless we intend to give that player a game.

Can Wanganeen be upgraded for a LTI right now? He looked dangerous as a small forward in the pre season and could be a replacement for Cyril up forward.

Hoping Sewell and Anderson are ready for this week also
I like the idea of giving Wanganeen a go now!!!

What constitutes a LTI?

Does that mean no Cyril for 8 weeks min?

Guess we can elevate for Shoe or Woodward anyway. I'm sure the club will wait until they will def play the rookie. Otherwise waste of money

What constitutes a LTI?

Does that mean no Cyril for 8 weeks min?

Guess we can elevate for Shoe or Woodward anyway. I'm sure the club will wait until they will def play the rookie. Otherwise waste of money

What do you mean with the money part? I'm a little confused with that haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back