Here we go again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players are supposedly a 24 and 22 year old from the Saints and a 20 year old from the Pies.

For anyone wanting to know the names people are speculating read the thread on the main board.

Well that should at least shut up all the Collingwood morons that are slagging us off about this.

Certainly sounds like this girl gets around and is a real football groupie.

what is the problem? the players were obvlivious to the fact that she was a school girl and even then did nothing illegal. are we gonna expect alll players to sit around all day not getting a root until they are married?

it's pretty clear the schoolgirl aspect has been sensationalised and I find no fault with our players, unless the kid really is theres in which case they were only stupid to have not worn a dom
The problem is, They were busted breaking club policy and bang a young girl they pick up at a school footy class,The big problem is they will be given two or more weeks.

In the end, Less great players taking to the ground to play for your club, IT can turn a win into a loss and you may miss the GF from two of your players thinking of there oldfellows and not about the team mates

Clubs have policys about who they can meet and hook up with, Clubs and partys yes the sweet chick next door, Anything that setup by the club and link to child will be a big NO NO

media can beat up on a wast of time crap like this, In the end it the club that will act and your team will pay the full cost of two guys and it can cost you a spot in the GF, Think about it

Does anyone remember the days when news was actually meant to be informative rather than entertaining and/or mud slinging?

The media are just so sensationalist these days that they jump on any whiff of a scandal and make a big song and dance about it.

I'm just hoping the club doesn't bow to media pressure and suspend the players involved which is probably what the media will be calling for. At this stage it doesn't sound like the players have done much wrong other than maybe be a bit careless.

The problem is, They were busted breaking club policy and bang a young girl they pick up at a school footy class,The big problem is they will be given two or more weeks.

In the end, Less great players taking to the ground to play for your club, IT can turn a win into a loss and you may miss the GF from two of your players thinking of there oldfellows and not about the team mates

Clubs have policys about who they can meet and hook up with, Clubs and partys yes the sweet chick next door, Anything that setup by the club and link to child will be a big NO NO

media can beat up on a wast of time crap like this, In the end it the club that will act and your team will pay the full cost of two guys and it can cost you a spot in the GF, Think about it

You have just written an Essay based on wrong information.
That makes you an idiot.
At least read the small writing under the headlines before you shoot of your oversized mouth.

The players didn't pick up the girl at a school clinic you moron, she was at a clinic the players attended and then met them afterwards after a game in Sydney. The players had no recollection of her from the clinic and she lied and told them she was 18 and working at the AIS.

Why should the players be suspended for having sex with a girl who was passing herself off as an 18 year old? Half the AFL competition would be suspended if that was the case.

Well that should at least shut up all the Collingwood morons that are slagging us off about this.

Certainly sounds like this girl gets around and is a real football groupie.

Although I really am unhappy Collingwood would be dragged into this, I am happy that it will hopefully shut up a few of the morons on the main board. The amount of uninformed and baseless posts in that thread, mostly by Collingwood supporters, makes it almost the worst thread in BigFooty history.

I should be doing something else but I thought I pick this apart

The problem is, They were busted breaking club policy
Which club policy? No really I'm not across the exact policies
and bang a young girl they pick up at a school footy class
This is inconsistent with what has been reported, unless you're privy to a different version of events
The big problem is they will be given two or more weeks.
For ...?
In the end, Less great players taking to the ground to play for your club, IT can turn a win into a loss and you may miss the GF
hmmm, maybe it's not 100% impossible, but ... I'd say this is maybe at the extreme end of the spectrum
from two of your players thinking of there oldfellows and not about the team mates
Akermanis was right!
Clubs have policys
I wanna read it, link?
about who they can meet and hook up with
are you serious or being funny here?
Clubs and partys yes the sweet chick next door, Anything that setup by the club and link to child
I see what you're trying to say, but use of 'child' seems a bit sensationalist, 16/18 a child? Depends how old you are I guess
will be a big NO NO media can beat up on a wast of time crap like this, In the end it the club that will act and your team will pay the full cost of two guys and it can cost you a spot in the GF, Think about it
Yeah nah.

How so?

If the accusations are correct, and the players shagged some teenager they met at a footy clinic....you deem this appropriate?

There will be plenty of rumours. The cops have stated that they are not investigating because there is no allegation of illegal behaviour - she is past the age of consent.

This issue will therefore be one played out in the public morality court.

Most importantly, I reckon that - whatever the case - people should lay off calling this girl names. It's a dog act.

i think that you will find that because she is under the age of 18 and there is more than a gap of 2 years, they can still be charged. the parents can lodge the complaint and i dont think the 3 people in question can rest just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real issue here is how this story, and the behaviour of the participants, makes it so much more difficult for real victims of sexual crime to come forward and be believed.

Since I've been back in the country I've seen a NSW Minister resign over private, legal behaviour, and now my footy club is all over the front page of the biggest newspaper in the country because of private, legal behaviour.

They're footy players, not medical ethicists or theoretical mathematicians. They make stupid decisions as much as we do, only most of us aren't hunted across state lines by footy groupies.

BTW, what were this girls' parents doing?

I am not a lawyer so correct me if I'm wrong. However I thought that 16 is the legal age for consent - however the other consenting individual had to be within 2 years of person A until person A turns 18 then all bets are off. Ie to do a 16 year old you cannot be older than 18. If I'm wrong then I'm cut cause at 20 I kept knocking back a 17 year old that was chasing me cause she was too young.

i think that you will find that because she is under the age of 18 and there is more than a gap of 2 years, they can still be charged. the parents can lodge the complaint and i dont think the 3 people in question can rest just yet.

no suprises here. a collingwood supporter has no idea of the law.

Originally Posted by bulldogrick
lol the amount of people in this thread with zero idea of Victorian law is staggering. The lack of knowledge really is amazing on this topic, for an every day issue especially.

From a legal point of view, there is nothing on the facts provided that anything done has been unlawful.
The article states she's a VCE student, unless she's highly intelligent, which I very much doubt, the chances of finding a 15 year old VCE student towards the end of May are slim. Although, there is the possibility, but there's nothing on the facts to suggest this.

For those harping on about, teacher student relationships, being under the care or supervision etc, just forget it. It's simply a non issue. For that to be made out the act must have been comitted AT THE TIME they were 'under the care/supervision' although, it can be a little grey at times. But there is no chance at all of that being made out.

To all the people claiming a specific age difference is required, again, not relevant. An 80 year old can have sex with a 16 year old if he wished to, provided she wasn't under his authority.

Also enough with the "Statutory rape", we don't live in America, what you are referring to is called, "Sexual penetration of a child under the age of 16 years" which is found in S45 of the Vicotorian Crimes Act.

There is no legal issue here at all, it's a beat up and a very unfair one at that. You may be able to question the morals of the players involved, but then you'd be questioning the morals of 90% of males within the 18-25 age bracket.
People need to get in touch and wake up to themselves.

Most Collingwood supporters get this wrong, since it is unusuall for their mother to be over 16 at the time she conceives.

it seems a little protection would make this a non story.

Silly boys

Don't worry, Ive had my tube tied.
"Oh well then..."

Many "excuses" as to why a guy might be conned into not using protection that has nothing to do with his "desire" in the situation. Or that protection was used and since they're not infallible broke. Contrary to popular belief condoms are not made from a titanium laced plastic. We cannot claim that no one used protection or that something unfortunate did not occur with its use because that would be prying into very specific area's that we simply do not wish to tread.

The media however will no problem getting that info for us through a TT expose of the local milk bar who sells over the counter condoms in a growing trend of people picking up a milk, a paper and variety pack for their walk past the school on the corner. :thumbsu:

Expectation crushes people on a regular basis, it is worsened when the individual(s) is(are) in the public eye since speculation and opinion gets dressed up as fact to further compound the expectation for the individual to carry themselves in a proper manner. However, I will say that while the female in question might have lied, cheated and stole to get into the position she was, individuals in the position that the players were still do have a duty of care to ensure they act in a manner that is largely "above" the common person. It comes with the territory that you are expected to not act on impulses and are instead meant to act in the best interest of about 80 people associated with a brand, franchise or the image that is attached to it.

If you personally would get swept up in the life of an AFL footballer than you really have no leg to stand on to get up on that high horse or slander. A fair few come from country towns of minimal populace to then be thrust into places like Melbourne or Sydney and the drastic culture changes of what is deemed acceptable or social.

So I for one am waiting on more info before even contemplating casting blame.

Edit:

Since I've seen a couple queries of AoC (age of consent) around both here and what i read of the mainboard;

Sixteen to 17 years old
A person who is caring for you or supervising you, like a teacher, youth worker or foster carer, can't have sex with you or sexually touch you or perform a sexual act in front of you, even if you agree, unless they are married to you. However, it is not an offence if the person honestly believed you were 18 or older.

http://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/745.htm

Quickview of PDF

If she's over legal age then there's story, but Caroline Wilson will find one. You can be sure she'll try an have these players balls in her purse by the end of the week.

So whats the law? If she's 16 do they have to be under 18? Or is it free reign once she's 16 and anyone can tap it?

Regardless, apparently if any reasonable person would believe her to be over 18, then it's a complete non-event. And she told them she was 18 and her facebook apparently says that she is 19. And she met them in Sydney by herself...couldn't expect many 16 year olds to travel to Sydney by themselves the school year.

Also, according to the police, no official complaint has been made. So there's no issue at all until there is one made?

Since the police have been contacted, surely the complaint would be made if it were illegal?

Meh I got no idea.

Young girls are growing up quickly these days.. I got girls where I come from that are 15-17 and they look like they are 19-22.. I believe the boys when they say that she told them she was 19.. Good luck to the boys

We'll let the mods on the main board deal with the naming of players.

Anybody who speculates on who the players are, until it's released from the football club, will have their post deleted immediately.

And as nobody seemed to heed my warning that opposition supporters not post in this thread I'm just going to hand pick the negative comments and delete them.

Saints supporters are entitled to a place where WE can discuss the issue ourselves.

The cheap shots are seemingly encouraged on the main board so that's where you should go.

The way I understand it is if you are under 15 then the person you are with can be no more then 2 years older then you. If your are over 16 then there is no age limitations at all on who you sleep with.
As no police complaint has been made and going by all reports I dont see how this is news worthy at all. Its just the media trying to stick it into StKilda again at any chance they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back