Hodge knee injury confirmed, but he'll be back in 3-4 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge knee injury confirmed

Been confirmed that Hodge has stained some knee ligaments and will miss anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks. :(

It was on our website a while ago although it seems to have vanished now..

Re: Hodge knee injury confirmed

Good thing he had that early training session and was touch and go for the Demons game :)

Not sure who they think they are fooling at times, it only annoys supporters.

Rest up Captain, hopefully all the other niggles go away in the time off.

Good thing he had that early training session and was touch and go for the Demons game :)

Not sure who they think they are fooling at times, it only annoys supporters.

Why is there always a core group of people who believe that all uncertainty regarding injuries is always just the club playing silly buggers?

The vast majority of injuries are listed as soon as they happen and are diagnosed. Woodward, Bailey, Bateman, Osborne all attest to this

It seems the Hodge one was a genuine mystery to the club, and simply wasn't improving... only recent scans have found it, the last reassessment was today...

Why is there always a core group of people who believe that all uncertainty regarding injuries is always just the club playing silly buggers?

Probably because its a case of the boy crying wolf Eldo...

Probably because its a case of the boy crying wolf Eldo...

There is always doubt on timeframes with some injuries, or uncertainty on the real nature of some injuries.

I think the amount of actual 'foxing' by the club to put off rivals is a lot less than people think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC we have a decent run up until the Blues so rest him up and lets make him cherry ripe for that game. Is his captaincy in question? If he doesn't play unil R14 then he would have played 2/14. Hmmm

Re: Hodge will come in, who goes out?

This could be the chance he needs to get his body right and I suppose it's then up to the club as to whether they get him up to scratch fitness-wise via a mini preseason of sorts, or via a match or two with Box Hill. If the club choose the later, Hodge would be silly to reject the decision, though I honestly wouldn't expect him too.

No individual is bigger than the team - If anyone should be preaching this, it's the captain.

Re: Hodge will come in, who goes out?

First thread I started on this board all season.

I've learned my lesson.

Questions will be asked of Hodgey. The media are talking about his injury, about to be discussed on Footy Classified.

First time hodgey will be copping it.

Hodge will be punching walls at the moment in frustration. He would love to lead the side in perhaps a p'ship year.

Hodge will be working harder than ever to get to prime condition and when he is back, he will be fired up and ready to roar.

Hodge will need to perform in the 2nd half of the year, for himself, the team and finally for his captaincy.

Talk will be later in the year.....Should Lewis be captain? Lewis has grown as a player and leader in Hodgey's absence.

All the best to our leader in his recovery.....

Very disappointing to see him out, and lets hope he has a speedy recovery.

We seem to have handled ourselves relatively well without him, and we are hitting an easier part of our draw now. Hopefully we can keep chalking up the wins, and Hodgey can get 100% for our run into the finals.

3,4,6 or 10 weeks, doesn't matter. Back for finals...that's all that matters.

Take out our bitches (Carlton) and the next tough game is Rd 17 vs Collingwood July 21.

I imagine he won't be rushed back or risked whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge knee injury confirmed, but he'll be back in 3-4 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back