How does Tom Hawkins...

Remove this Banner Ad

I would imagine it's because Hawkins is a KPF and Gamble isn't. 197cm vs 184cm, you work it out.

That's exactly it. We need a KPF and we are looking to develop Hawkins to fit the position. He's not going great but he is slowly making progress.

Gamble is a great player, but he isn't as essential to our team structure as Hawkins, expecially in the future.

On the way to Epworth ol' Gamble (doesn't appear too serious for those on delay). Massive shame for him.

It is today was Gambles time to cement his spot in the team but now he will not get the chance.

It is really hard for him to get back into the team and he has to take his chances.

It's a bit of a worry that Hawkins seems to be such a ordinary shot for goal. When you're as one dimensional as he is you really need to be able to actually kick the goals.

That's exactly it. We need a KPF and we are looking to develop Hawkins to fit the position. He's not going great but he is slowly making progress.

Gamble is a great player, but he isn't as essential to our team structure as Hawkins, expecially in the future.
Now I know the word great is used too much. He is a promising young player who would be a good 3rd tall for most teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absoloute hack who is being dragged along in geelongs tremendous wake. He is basically a big lumpy who would struggle to get a kick at another club. Too big, too slow, too stupid for modern footy.

Absoloute hack who is being dragged along in geelongs tremendous wake. He is basically a big lumpy who would struggle to get a kick at another club. Too big, too slow, too stupid for modern footy.
He absolutely dominated the handful of games I saw of him while he was playing in the APS comp. Was always going to struggle with the speed of the game. Same thing happened with Fergus Watts, only difference is a bigger hype surrounding Tomahawk due to his father. Would have dominated in the 70's and 80's. Still got talent and I would persist with him for most of the year. He's played pretty well for most of the year anyway.

don't know too many KPP's who tear it up at 20

not everyone's name is buddy franklin.

buddy/ tredders/ brown/ all the GUN forwards were playing well at that age. Geelong are so good as a team its difficult to gauge how good each individual in the machine is, I honestly think that hawkins and 3-4 other geelong players would really struggle for a game at an average club.

Footy has changed, hawkins would be a gun in the 80's but not now, he is just too big and slow to succeed. A modern day dinosaur.

He would be struggling for a a game let alone a kick at a poor club.

buddy/ tredders/ brown/ all the GUN forwards were playing well at that age. Geelong are so good as a team its difficult to gauge how good each individual in the machine is, I honestly think that hawkins and 3-4 other geelong players would really struggle for a game at an average club.

Footy has changed, hawkins would be a gun in the 80's but not now, he is just too big and slow to succeed. A modern day dinosaur.

He would be struggling for a a game let alone a kick at a poor club.
rephrase. not everyone is a freak like buddy, tredrea or brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

How does Tom Hawkins...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back