Prediction How will the Geelong Cats fare in season 2024?

Where will Geelong finish in 2024

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If they are the final positions, with the ladder being so close, which occurred due to AFL equalisation strategy, do fewer finals games at the MCG, mean less revenue for AFL?

1723752080800.png

Hypothetical
Week 1
Group 1
QF1 Sydney v Port - SCG?
QF2 Geelong v Brisbane - MCG?

Group 2
EF1 GWS v Carlton - Olympic Stadium ?
EF2 Bulldogs v Hawthorn - MCG?

Two finals at MCG in Week 1

IMG_0231.jpeg

If they are the final positions, with the ladder being so close, which occurred due to AFL equalisation strategy, do fewer finals games at the MCG, mean less revenue for AFL?

It probably doesn't matter much for the AFL if the MCG games were Geelong v Brisbane and Bulldogs v Freo for instance. They would be tiny MCG crowds and they would probably make more from the gate the other way around as they would charge more for tickets at the Gabba and Perth stadium and the crowds wouldn't be much different.

End of the day gate receipts are a drop in the ocean as far as revenue goes and getting Sydney, Brisbane and GWS in finals is a wet dream for them tv rights wise as they are the markets where they can pick up new followers.

It probably doesn't matter much for the AFL if the MCG games were Geelong v Brisbane and Bulldogs v Freo for instance. They would be tiny MCG crowds and they would probably make more from the gate the other way around as they would charge more for tickets at the Gabba and Perth stadium and the crowds wouldn't be much different.

End of the day gate receipts are a drop in the ocean as far as revenue goes and getting Sydney, Brisbane and GWS in finals is a wet dream for them tv rights wise as they are the markets where they can pick up new followers.
Thank you, very interesting.

I thought games away from MCG meant less revenue for AFL. As in games at KP mean higher revenue for Geelong Cats.

So TV rights are where the $$$ are?

Pity more money isn’t invested in improving commentary.

The Cats are the weirdest premiership contender in years - but Chris Scott may just pull off his best trick yet​

Yes it will help, but only if GWS and Port win both of their remaining games as well since they're both on the same wins and losses as we are.

I don't think they will win though as Port have Freo in the last round in WA and GWS have Doggies in Ballarat. Which they would both be undergos in.

But if they do win, then we need a big win probably against WCE so we can try get 2nd spot on % or we'll be going to Sydney first up which is bad for us as we've not won at the SCG for 5 years now.
Wouldn’t it be better for us, if they lose?

Any chance they will lose? 🤞🏻 🤞🏻 🤞🏻
My apology, Jimmy.
Massive migraine when I read your response, you did answer my questions.

Further, cracked it just now. I’m officially old. Just spent 10 minutes looking for my glasses. They were on my head 🤦🏻‍♀️

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emergency: completely non football related but a call to my fellow people here: I have had a scumbag in my hotel in Canada who has stolen my passport. Our flights back to Australia are tomorrow.

Has anyone ever been through this and can give me guidance on what to do asap?? I am a frequent Flyer but this has never ever happened before.

any advice will be much appreciated to help out.

Emergency: completely non football related but a call to my fellow people here: I have had a scumbag in my hotel in Canada who has stolen my passport. Our flights back to Australia are tomorrow.

Has anyone ever been through this and can give me guidance on what to do asap?? I am a frequent Flyer but this has never ever happened before.

call Aussie embassy in Canada and report them stolen and call airline and tell them as well as they will have best info on how to proceed.

Hope you get it sorted

call Aussie embassy in Canada and report them stolen and call airline and tell them as well as they will have best info on how to proceed.

Hope you get it sorted
Thanks daz.

I am a physical therapist and have been conducting some balance experiments this week with the Canadian aviation research centre.

Left it in the front pocket of one of ny two small travel bags that never left the room once… checked it tonight to pack up, and the passport is gone.

Staying at a Hilton and is the last place I would ever expect this.

Wish me luck

Thanks daz.

I am a physical therapist and have been conducting some balance experiments this week with the Canadian aviation research centre.

Left it in the front pocket of one of ny two small travel bags that never left the room once… checked it tonight to pack up, and the passport is gone.

Staying at a Hilton and is the last place I would ever expect this.

Wish me luck
found this geelong_crazy26

After hours Passport and Consular Assistance

Australian citizens who require urgent consular or passport assistance may contact the Australian High Commission in Ottawa during regular business hours on: +1 613 236 0841. Outside of regular business hours, please contact the 24-Hour Consular Emergency Centre in Australia on: +61 2 6261 3305. Please visit Smartraveller for more information.​

Do you have a photo of your passport details for Australian High Commission? Or any details of your application? Passport number?

“Left it in the front pocket of one of ny two small travel bags that never left the room once… checked it tonight to pack up, and the passport is gone.”
Ask Hotel to check Housekeeping + Mini Fridge filler upperer? If they’re reluctant advise you’re calling Police. With your short time, Police suggestion ‘might’ enable a quick return.

Best wishes 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Played them in round 23 last year to get knocked out. This year almost more important as we go for top 2!

Changes from 23 in one year is actually amazing…

Out. SDK, Sav, Smith, 2E, MOC, Bews, Hawkins, Parf, Bruhn

In. Stanley, Blitz, Rohan, Dempsey, Lawson, Knevitt, Mannagh, Mullin, J Henry

That is 9 of the 23 different. Certainly no comparison!

Have to say ins on balance seem better than the outs!

Played them in round 23 last year to get knocked out. This year almost more important as we go for top 2!

Changes from 23 in one year is actually amazing…

Out. SDK, Sav, Smith, 2E, MOC, Bews, Hawkins, Parf, Bruhn

In. Stanley, Blitz, Rohan, Dempsey, Lawson, Knevitt, Mannagh, Mullin, J Henry

That is 9 of the 23 different. Certainly no comparison!

Have to say ins on balance seem better than the outs!
Technically yes, but in reality the previous week's close loss against Collingwood was the final nail in the coffin. There was no gas in the tank after that. A very different situation to tomorrow night.

found this geelong_crazy26

After hours Passport and Consular Assistance

Australian citizens who require urgent consular or passport assistance may contact the Australian High Commission in Ottawa during regular business hours on: +1 613 236 0841. Outside of regular business hours, please contact the 24-Hour Consular Emergency Centre in Australia on: +61 2 6261 3305. Please visit Smartraveller for more information.​

Won’t derail the thread any longer.

Big thanks to this little community for helping me out with advice last night.

Got my emergency passport issued at the consulate and am now at the gates waiting to board.

P.s- have several boxes of maple syrup cookies also

Technically yes, but in reality the previous week's close loss against Collingwood was the final nail in the coffin. There was no gas in the tank after that. A very different situation to tomorrow night.
Agree…as a fan my “gas” had run out a couple of weeks before tbh…last year the team was just living on hope that they could snag the wins they need. this year we are coming in with a genuine chance to finish Top 2 against a team that has not met their expectations this year.

We will need to “break them” early though if we don’t want a nailbiter. I am going to back us for being “on early” and hopefully not have a stressful night…

The other point I was making though was how surprised I am in the fact that we have 9 changes in a team from almost exactly a year ago against same opposition. (St Kilda have 4 changes to the 23 including the loss of King and Winghager). On balance I think our team this year is far superior to the one that played against saints this time last year (we had Neale as ruck…and this year we have Dempsey, Lawson, Mannagh and Rohan to add some pace to the team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction How will the Geelong Cats fare in season 2024?

Back