Prediction How will the Geelong Cats fare in season 2024?

Where will Geelong finish in 2024

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see how our finals record at Adelaide Oval is relevant to the outcome of this game. Last time we played Port was 2021 and the teams are very different this year.

Our recent H&A record at Adelaide Oval isn't too bad, it's much better than our recent record at the SCG where we haven't won in 4 years.
It’s time to break the AO finals hoodoo.

Reflecting on how awesome it is to be a Cats supporter - flag in 22 , off season in 2023 with 10.5 wins , turnaround in 2024 with 15 W's and another top 4 appearance.
We are truly blessed - all that and we have successfully brought in Dempsey , Neale , Mannagh and Humphries into the 22.
Yet again we defy equalisation and AFL gravity by staying in contention :thumbsu:

Reflecting on how awesome it is to be a Cats supporter - flag in 22 , off season in 2023 with 10.5 wins , turnaround in 2024 with 15 W's and another top 4 appearance.
We are truly blessed - all that and we have successfully brought in Dempsey , Neale , Mannagh and Humphries into the 22.
Yet again we defy equalisation and AFL gravity by staying in contention :thumbsu:

Just wait until our senior players retire though...

#Cliff

Just wait until our senior players retire though...

#Cliff
I definitely hear you but where we differ from most is our ability to rebuild on the run and minimise the effects of departures. Let's hope we continue that by developing our own and grabbing a few guns along the way.......

They are perfectly primed this year. I think they’ll win it all.

Its unlikely with the 2 handicaps they have then again the comp is weak as crap this year

I definitely hear you but where we differ from most is our ability to rebuild on the run and minimise the effects of departures. Let's hope we continue that by developing our own and grabbing a few guns along the way.......

Yep, my comment was in jest. As Kobe alluded to - that cliff has been coming for over a decade now and yet here we are. In addition, I'd argue our current batch of young players are better than the young players we had back then. Also, it looks pretty likely we will be getting B. Smith who will go a long way towards addressing our most glaring weakness.

#sorrycliff,maybenextdecade

Just keep it away from Aliir Aliir
And JHF...

Oh, and Butters...

Oh, and Rozee...

Oh, and (even) Wines...

On the bright side, at least we won't be giving up long-range goals under no pressure to Kane Farrell this time.

Seriously, though, they have multiple competition-wide acknowledged weapons in the very part of the ground where we are at our weakest in many, many years.

So I'm not sure that kicking it to Aliir is going to be our biggest issue to overcome on the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to recall Kolo repeatedly giving the ball to Aliir the last time we played a final over there
Haunts me

Nah that was peak Kolo whipping boy. He had one long kick to the wing to Rohan vs Allir. It wasn't really to Rohan's advantage and wasn't a great choice but Rohan didn't compete well and it went straight back in for a goal. Not great but not entirely on Kolo and there was a massive overreaction here.

Henderson and Dangerfield haunt me from that game. Henderson for 3-4 of the worst clangers leading to goals you'll ever see. Danger for a housekeeper of his own, another terrible decision to kick across goal to Hendo under some pressure leading to one of Hendo's horror clangers and then absolutely butchering the ball the rest of the night.

Yep, my comment was in jest. As Kobe alluded to - that cliff has been coming for over a decade now and yet here we are. In addition, I'd argue our current batch of young players are better than the young players we had back then. Also, it looks pretty likely we will be getting B. Smith who will go a long way towards addressing our most glaring weakness.

#sorrycliff,maybenextdecade

That Geelong poster " ST Per18 " on the main board a while back re Geelong apparently going to fall off that Cliff

He posted a hilarious video in response to that , so you have this OLD bloke by himself at a shopping centre and he approaches an Elevator , he loses his balance , hes lying on his back in a tangled mess , but the Elevator takes him up , not down , ha, ha,ha

It would be good if he could put that video up on this thread , its an absolute beauty

That Geelong poster " ST Per18 " on the main board a while back re Geelong apparently going to fall off that Cliff

He posted a hilarious video in response to that , so you have this OLD bloke by himself at a shopping centre and he approaches an Elevator , he loses his balance , hes lying on his back in a tangled mess , but the Elevator takes him up , not down , ha, ha,ha

It would be good if he could put that video up on this thread , its an absolute beauty
STPer18

Live scenes of old Geelong falling off their cliff. Up and away we go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction How will the Geelong Cats fare in season 2024?

Back