HSBC pull the pin

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame to lose a sponsor and to rugby (albeit union).

This would look good on the back of our Guernsey...

Lamborghini_logo_2.svg

'Concentrate' on rugby'? What a horrendously poor business decision...

Rugby's international, Hong Kong 7's is a big event, given they are kind of a Hong Kong bank, maybe consolidating their spending into areas they can gain more benefit from makes sense to them.

Still sad for us to lose them, be interesting to see who sponsors us next.

Hopefully one of the other major banks.

As a finance broker it always pissed me off that HSBC were not on the broker market, thus never had a relationship manager to offer me free tickets.

Sad to see HSBC go as one of our great sponsors,they have been wonderful to Hawthorn over the last 9 years.

I'm sure the Stuart Fox will find a good replacement to sponsor Hawthorn as they are in good financial state with brilliant players and have the second largest membership base.

The Hawthorn branding is worth millions. :thumbsu:

Yeah, got an insurance feeling about this. As the first response said, reckon it will be AAMI. If not Allianz, something like that. This combined with the fact that Adidas are taking over from Puma means that I'll be forced to buy a new jumper. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rugby's international, Hong Kong 7's is a big event, given they are kind of a Hong Kong bank, maybe consolidating their spending into areas they can gain more benefit from makes sense to them.

Still sad for us to lose them, be interesting to see who sponsors us next.

Not kind of, HSBC stands for The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited

Not that it really matters.

But i agree that it wouldn't be their worst business decision. Rugby Union is massive world wide while AFL is massive in 2/3 of Australia.

I know where id be putting my money if i was in charge of sponsoring at HSBC. As much as i hate to say that

Two good ideas in this thread have been Mirvac and Bank of Melbourne.

Mirvac are a major sponsor of the club, and make the houses/apartments out at Waverley. Even though it was me who suggested it, it really does seem the most realistic one, haha.

Ricoh are major partners, and of course have naming rights with Waverley Park. Wouldn't be surprised to see them get on board if no banks manage to land a good deal with us.

ricoh_logo.png

What about a waxing place?

We could have a small map of Tassie on the front and a Brazilian on the back. :D

Hawthorn took out a prominent ad on page 3 of last weekend's Australian Financial Review inviting potential sponsors to contact the club.

Given the readership of the Fin Review, I reckon those pushing the potential tie-up with a financial or insurance company are probably on the right track.

Hawthorn took out a prominent ad on page 3 of last weekend's Australian Financial Review inviting potential sponsors to contact the club.

Given the readership of the Fin Review, I reckon those pushing the potential tie-up with a financial or insurance company are probably on the right track.

Bold move and very clever:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back