Autopsy Round 16, 2024: Hawks cook the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

In the past 5 or so games, it feels like Mackenzie has had 30 touches then I look at the stats and it’s about 12. Is that just me or does it happen to anyone else?

He must play large or be extremely noticeable to me. Not sure what it is.

You’re right. Every time Mackenzie touches the ball he’s noticeable.
That’s because he exudes so much class. He has that classic angular side step movement when he assesses what’s around him and takes his time to dispose of the ball brilliantly. He’s just one of those special players you enjoy watching.
He has a bit of Pendlebury about him - as does Hustwaite.

Teams cannot transition the ball from defence against us. We could possibly currently have the best zone set up in the league. Teams will need to do their homework and we need to stay a step ahead to continue the climb.
Not only that when we win the ball back we are kicking with precision. Just need to halve more contests in the forward line once it's there. Only gripe outside of a couple of injuries today. Geelong play Russian Roulette with their setup on the ground so they can slingshot the ball at speed back the other way. Its super dangerous when it works like it did the first 7 weeks. But our gamestyle is kryptonite to that. We slice through the aggressive press they won't stop us scoring. They will back their style to win so it's up to us to counter it and force them on the defensive like the Blues did.

Thought it was a pretty average game tbh and we were being wasteful up forward but hopefully Lewis coming back provides a better target.
He comes in with either Dear or Gunston out.
Maybe Breust to come back in too but not sure for who if Sicily and Day are ok

I remember commentary saying the reason Sicily didn't come back after 3qtr time was because the game was done or something along those lines. Hoping that's it.

Pretty sure Day came back after his knock?

Noticed this happening a lot more by us than in previous weeks…

Tapping/pushing the loose ball into advantageous space for teammates to win.

Perhaps it’s in response to the tighter HTB interpretation. I’d like to think it’s a sign of the intent of the team.

Always looking for a way to win the ball in contest. Doing those little things to make things easier for teammates.

The group looks very much in sync and it’s great to see.

Some saying not a great game to re watch, but I reckon I might watch to take in how our midfield either took first option or circled and shut down exits for the eagles. Including a couple o eagles who are known for exiting regularly

Never in doubt to be honest

Shirt Streaker GIF by Bradford City AFC

Yes!

Will be a great week at work giving to the eagles supporters. Best part was seeing the smile on my sons face at the end, finally a win for him at Optus

Sam has this team playing some brilliant football, some of our ball movement today was sublime.

Onwards and upwards, now time to skin the cats.

Go Hawks

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was with Dwayne the muppet calling Ginnivan Jinnivan and Ginbey Jinbey, was it just me ?

I made comment in the gameday thread that he's actually a really likeable guy who just loves his footy. For that reason, I'm a fan him, but I'm not a fan of his commentary style at all. He's just difficult to listen to.

Doesn't matter when you're winning though!

It wasn’t a flawless performance but we completely outworked, outpressured and outran a near full strength Eagles team on their home ground which was a massive effort.
Coming off a bye we were wasteful with our inside 50s at first but persevered and put them to the sword in the second half.
Our number of marks inside 50 was also impressive as WCE have two of the best intercept defenders in the competition.
On balance there was a lot to like from our boys today.

I made comment in the gameday thread that he's actually a really likeable guy who just loves his footy. For that reason, I'm a fan him, but I'm not a fan of his commentary style at all. He's just difficult to listen to.

Doesn't matter when you're winning though!
Ahh I love Dwayne. Listen to him sometimes during the week when I can. He loves the hawks, has a weirdly interesting wealth of knowledge and is a man of the people who will give anyone the time of day. He throws out some great lines during play...what was it today about a plural of groups. I can't remember...anyone?

In the past 5 or so games, it feels like Mackenzie has had 30 touches then I look at the stats and it’s about 12. Is that just me or does it happen to anyone else?

He must play large or be extremely noticeable to me. Not sure what it is.
Me too, he is always on screen, really gets around the ground. Great to see him get a goal again, reward for hard work. Another preseason and this kid will be awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 16, 2024: Hawks cook the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back