Hypothetical: Next Collingwood coach? (Think this is disrespectful? OK, OK, we get it)

Is this thread out of line?

• This is embarrassing, we should all be supporting Buckley.

• Buckley won't be coach forever, let's have an adult conversation about his replacement

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The way Collingwood sits in the landscape they will want someone who is comfortable in the limelight and a good media person, not sure on how some of the mentioned guys would go in this regard but you know by you get with Roosy.
It may not be a bad result he did a great or job at Melbourne and Sydney.

I like the idea of a more " seasoned " coach at the pies. i'd consider Ratten or Voss. guys that can handle the pressures of running a big club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Scott Burns the rest of the season, it's like a free hit in a way, if he does well give him a one year deal, if he doesn't what have we lost?

Excellent call! This would be the best thing for the players.

Paul Roos was only meant to be caretaker coach for a couple of months after the Swans sacked Rocket Eade. Roosy did such a good job in that short period that the Swans Reneged on their deal with Terry Wallace who was set to take over the following season.

Eddie is unlikely to do this out of respect for "club legend" Buckley.

Excellent call! This would be the best thing for the players.

Paul Roos was only meant to be caretaker coach for a couple of months after the Swans sacked Rocket Eade. Roosy did such a good job in that short period that the Swans Reneged on their deal with Terry Wallace who was set to take over the following season.

Eddie is unlikely to do this out of respect for "club legend" Buckley.

Why should Burns get the gig when Sanderson has far more experience? Had enough of gifting jobs to ex players.

The way Eddie works, he will have the new coach done and dusted by now, if bucks is to go
My guess Roos with a coach in waiting
You go for the best...Clarkson,Longmire,Roos see who bites and wants the gig. I like the Roosy with Dew to take over in 3 years.
If they all knock it back then interview the next best candidates.(none bloody Collingwood people)

You go for the best...Clarkson,Longmire,Roos see who bites and wants the gig. I like the Roosy with Dew to take over in 3 years.
If they all knock it back then interview the next best candidates.(none bloody Collingwood people)
Personally the non Collingwood candidates only could be wrong, cause what if tapping is the best after an interview process, do we then say sorry mate your an ex so see you later?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetical: Next Collingwood coach? (Think this is disrespectful? OK, OK, we get it)

Back