If you were list manager…

Remove this Banner Ad

for starters Massimo would be on our list over kal dawson

Watto over duurs

Ill add the one I would’ve got wrong Tsatas over wardlaw but that was going the safe injury free option

Toby pink would not be on our list
Josh treacy would be on the list over pat walker is maybe my big game changer

Touk miller over nielson

Balta over will walker

And don’t get me started on the Mahony pick, wouldn’t have picked him even with a rookie pick

We can’t all be Nostradamus but gee we would’ve been a lot better with me in charge than luffy and Brady

We need to get that pick 22 into the early/mid teens if possible.

Whitlock is the one we want and it’s unlikely he is there at 22.
Gerreyn for me, something about this kid. Can see a touch of Jon Patton there and an oversized Cam Rayner (slower of course) cant quite put my finger on it. Has the size and strength to be a weapon in the second ruck particularly with the engage early rule. Good set shot with a booming 55m hoof on him. Would work well with Larkey and one or two of our mediums.
Gerreyn this year and we're still a good show to get Ludowyke the following year.

pick 2 has to be FOS/Smillie or Lalor
Pick 22 a KPF like Gerryn/Whitlock/Faull
I like but add Langford and Draper at pick 2 (who i think we'll get).

Ill sort of shoot myself in the foot saying this after saying get Draper, but you look at Lalor even in the Coats at 187cm and he appears far from big in the CBAs. I can see the need for a bigger body in our mid mix, somebody at least his size with Smillie and Langford being options. Lalor seems more versatile of the 3 when not playing the middle tho.

But i go Draper to help address the pace and pressure in our forward line, along with spread and skill from stoppages.

Pick 22 i want Gerreyn for reasons i just mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerreyn for me, something about this kid. Can see a touch of Jon Patton there and an oversized Cam Rayner (slower of course) cant quite put my finger on it. Has the size and strength to be a weapon in the second ruck particularly with the engage early rule. Good set shot with a booming 55m hoof on him. Would work well with Larkey and one or two of our mediums.
Gerreyn this year and we're still a good show to get Ludowyke the following year.
Well if he is like Jon Patton, then Babow, why the heck should we pick him!

I made a similar comment to someone the other day re Patton comparison. What I wonder is these days, seems everyone going for those athletic forwards, but hard to find one that can take a contested pack mark, or really crash a pack and open it up for small forwards. Gerreyn strikes me as a guy who can do that, and brings something different that we just don't have. To that end, if we end up with a more athletic key forward/ruck, I think there is a case to be made for X to spend some more time forward.

I made a similar comment to someone the other day re Patton comparison. What I wonder is these days, seems everyone going for those athletic forwards, but hard to find one that can take a contested pack mark, or really crash a pack and open it up for small forwards. Gerreyn strikes me as a guy who can do that, and brings something different that we just don't have. To that end, if we end up with a more athletic key forward/ruck, I think there is a case to be made for X to spend some more time forward.
Yeah it was probably you who got me to look at the comparison and i agree theres is something there in the way he moves. He seems to have a lower center of gravity for such a big unit and looks more assured than many below the knees. He may even end up a Tom Hawkins type for us.

And yeah i agree with you again on the pack crashing type. There is a fascination on the beanstalk types like the King brothers, who are largely nullified when theres time to get players back. While a pack buster may not mark either, they create chaos and as said he looks solid below the knees for his size.

Further looking at last years draft at the goad, Dawson, Hardeman picks I wasn’t too happy with at the time

Wanted Logan Morris, Archie Roberts and Schoenmaker (despite his character knock)
Wasn’t opposed to Mitch Edwards

Still too early to tell but early days I’d rather my picks
captain.gif

Nope these were said at the time

Another move I hated at the time was trading our pick 8 which I would’ve taken serong/Flanders instead of trading to the next year where we took powell

I like Powell but that was a dumb move delaying 12 months development into a first rounder for a similar pick

Nope these were said at the time

Another move I hated at the time was trading our pick 8 which I would’ve taken serong/Flanders instead of trading to the next year where we took powell

I like Powell but that was a dumb move delaying 12 months development into a first rounder for a similar pick
It wasn't just Powell. That trade netted us Powell and Comben.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you were list manager…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back