Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

At the game live, I was shocked at how poor their running patterns were for making space. So often everyone is still, and when we made a fast break the forwards often weren’t ready.

It was shocking because running to make space and havoc is really bloody easy. Okay, not everyone can time a lead on a break as well as Buddy could, but it still should be in their favour. They made the mids job really hard.

To the opposition credit though, their defenders were terrific until the 4th, first class. And their team defence was strong as well.
I was shocked (along with an entire stadium of Swans fans) about how, every time we’d work the ball out of defence and start to look to attack, we never got a run-on, but instead would stop and look for options.

Clearly they were under instruction to do this, but Advance Hair Clinic will have about 45,000 new clients on Monday morning because we were all tearing our hair out and it was happening all effing day until the last quarter.

Keep it simple Adams for Juzzy and keep Campbell as sub as he seems to be able to run over the top with fresh legs. Think we need to stay tall against Hawks/Port to not allow Sicily to play an intercepting role on a smaller forward
Sicily will take 25 marks against Amartey if that's the matchup.

Haha, wasnt asking if hes any good - the boy can play. Was a genuine question on whether you guys cringe at his alpha male he-man antics?
Nah, so long as a player is delivering the goods (and Papley does that) I’m all for more theatre in footy.

What I can’t stand is the theatrics without the hard work and results.

Sicily will take 25 marks against Amartey if that's the matchup.
Yea Nah considering that the GWS defender who are some of the best in the game couldn't do that i don't think Sicily will get more than 3-4 intercept marks.

Nah, so long as a player is delivering the goods (and Papley does that) I’m all for more theatre in footy.

What I can’t stand is the theatrics without the hard work and results.
I love the theatrics.

I actually even enjoy Ginnivan and his beer-can celebration.

The game is richer for having some pantomime villains.

At the game live, I was shocked at how poor their running patterns were for making space. So often everyone is still, and when we made a fast break the forwards often weren’t ready.
I was watching on TV. It was so frustrating to watch when the commentators were saying how well the Giants were defending the corridor, and you could see on the screen two Swans players jogging unopposed through the centre square but not being used and not seeming to be aware they could be an option. This happened three times that I counted and it was driving me mad.

I ain't dropping a player with this run of games recently

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 11.44.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 11.44.51 PM.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 44
I was watching on TV. It was so frustrating to watch when the commentators were saying how well the Giants were defending the corridor, and you could see on the screen two Swans players jogging unopposed through the centre square but not being used and not seeming to be aware they could be an option. This happened three times that I counted and it was driving me mad.
Yep atleast 5-10 times Swans players were in complete space but players were to scared to take the kick. Also very true on the point of running it just felt too slow

That's true. As simple as if the 23 can be improved it needs to be changed.
Who would say are in the firing line? McInerney was clearly poor but we all know how good he can be and another two weeks of traiing and he may be better prepared.
I'm not sure about the 3 talls and wonder if we need to drop one of McClean or Amartey. But it would be ballsy to change our forward structure at this time of the year.
It hasn't worked all year. I'm amazed that the call wasn't made weeks ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did make 5 tackles, kicked a winning goal and apparently hurt his ankle on Thursday so was clearly a little impeded but by all means call him a joke. Seriously love how some supporters unconstructively rip into certain players. He had a poor night no doubt but really...
I believe he doesn't warrant his spot in the team atm but I would never consider calling him a joke. That's poor form.

I know GWS were the better team for much of the game but geez, how many goals did they get from frees?
I could not believe how awful the umpiring was in that first half today - absolute amateur stuff. The worst however was the way they let the ruck contest turn into a rugby scrum. Once they gave a couple of well overdue free kicks early in the 3rd quarter, it opened up and we got into the game. Up until that point, poor old Grundy was being held in a rugby tackle at every bounce - it was really awful officiating, and I suspect someone at half time had a quiet word with the umpires.

Haha, wasnt asking if hes any good - the boy can play. Was a genuine question on whether you guys cringe at his alpha male he-man antics?
What answer do you think you’re going to get here?
You support a club that did the “power stance” and you want to talk about alpha male antics?
You’re embarrassing yourself.

Just because we won doesn't mean that the side can't be or should be improved. In fact, I think it needs improvement.
Can't expect to continue to win off the back of Heeney's brilliance every week. Can't expect to win too often playing one quarter either. There were a few tonight who don't deserve to play in a couple of weeks. I hope Horse has the balls to continue making tough calls.

yeah, maybe, but i just don't think the first hour or so after a win like that is particularly the best time to discuss it ... just thought, geez, let's enjoy a moment like that, marvel at what we've just seen ...

So Amartey rolled his ankle in training and was in serious doubt? **** me

Longmire confirmed there were serious doubts about his health, as well as Callum Mills coming into the contest.

“He wasn’t a certainty to play. He rolled his ankle on Thursday after training,” he said.

“So we probably thought he might’ve been missing.
The fact that Longmire played him shows he isn’t learnt a damn thing from the past.

Do not write GWS,we might meet them again and if we do it will be a Grand Final.A great game.

i'd gladly meet them again in the grand final, because it would be the afl's nightmare, it would have the vic footy media choking, and mainly coz the giants would be a worthy opponent and a (shudder) deserving winner if they happened to beat us (won't happen)

Armarty out, Adam’s in.
Needed more grunt in the middle in the first half.

I’ve supported this team too long to have seen these half arse tall forwards like Amarty and McClean to be fair go missing in September, then after the game everyone wonders why we lost playing 2/3 forwards that flashed once or twice during the season.

3 kicks and a tackle generally the stat line for those types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back