Ins and Outs against Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

All of you people laughing off the fact that Ladson should be dropped please inform me of his value to the team (and please don't say bring up the kick to Buddy in the final last year)? Whilst you say he plays his role and never plays a bad game I say he has been around for 7 years now and dont remember him ever playing a really good game, In my opinion he is a bit of a front runner and would rather see someone else given a chance..

All of you people laughing off the fact that Ladson should be dropped please inform me of his value to the team (and please don't say bring up the kick to Buddy in the final last year)? Whilst you say he plays his role and never plays a bad game I say he has been around for 7 years now and dont remember him ever playing a really good game, In my opinion he is a bit of a front runner and would rather see someone else given a chance..

We can't even relly on him to kick a goal. I always thought he will come up and do something but he hasn't shown nothing. He just does his job, which isn't enought to win a premiership. He needs to find the ball alot more. He does have great skills and excellent decision making but he never finds the ball alot in our back half. I think he would be more useful on the wing kicking the ball to Buddy!:thumbsu:

I was really impressed with Stokes, the kid had 9 tackles (and Rioli 8) on friday night and put the opposition under tremendous pressure. Leave him in, unchanged line-up for me please Clarko :thumbsu:

Out: Whoever the coach thinks
In: Whoever the coach thinks

Some of the guys are going through or just out of some big 4 week fitness/training blocks so we can peak for the finals...we'll see AC's hand come September as to who are in the best 22.

We're top 4 so it'll be interesting how we plan for the last 5 weeks.
If everyone is fit for the 1st final, you'll see Young, Crawf, Dew and McGlynn playing and Tuck, Murphy, Stokes out of Friday's squad.

I'd love to have Mcglynn and Dew fit and ready for the finals but they haven't played for ages so they need to come back via BH and prove their fitness. (and don't give me we recruited Dew for finals so he won't play in the magoos cr#p) Clark, one word NO.

In. Crawf (if he doesn't need to drug up) and Young (if fit)
Out Ossie(sore ass), tuck (omit)

was just wondering if i have a reserved seat at our home games and this week is a replacement game...do i have to purchase a ticket or can i just rock up and sit behind the goals like i did at the melbourne game????

out: osbourne.
in: young.

Good to see birchall return to some form as well btw, just though id mention it. has been down for a few weeks so was great to see him back and firing.

My only query about Stokes, and I wondered this at the start of the season too, is: If we asked some other fringe players to play in the forward line and don't worry about the footy, just tackle anything that moves, how would they go?

People are saying to drop Tuck ahead of Stokes because he had some poor disposal. But if he got to just sit in the forward line as a tackler instead of playing in the midfield against the current Brownlow medalist how would he go? How about Morton? Would they be able to get the 8 or 9 tackles but do a bit more too?

How about Guerra? Had a shocker against Geelong, Steve Johnson destroyed him!

Would the coach omit him this week?
No way is a great rebound defender agree he needs to be more defensive but thats his role If Crawford Dew & Young do come in the 3 going out will be very unlucky!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated injury list (from hawthornfc.com.au):

Bailey, knee - season
Boyle, groin - 2 weeks
Crawford, knee tendonitis - test
McGlynn, quad - 2 to 3 weeks*
Muston, knee - season
Osborne, corked buttock - test

Stuart Dew and Clinton Young are both available this week.

*McGlynn had some awareness during training last week and it's been decided to give him another 2 to 3 weeks of training before he plays again.

I wonder if that's supposed to read: "Mcglynn had some soreness..."

I wouldnt be surprised if they hold Dew off for 2 more weeks. Keep him training, like Benny Mack.

Young In

Stokes Out

Unfortunatly, I like having Stokes in the team but Young will come in to add run to the midfield against the one paced Magpies.

This week will all be about hard running in the guts, and unfortunatly Stokes doesnt have the engine for that so Young in Stokes out the only change.

I advise all you guys to check out the preview of this game by DaVe86 on the Collingwood board.

It is outstanding and comprehensive, knows more about our team than most media hacks.

We need to get as many as possible match fit. Dew desperately needs a run, as does McGlynn & Crawf. Neither Sewell or Lewis look cherry ripe - match fitness wise.

I'd play Stokesy and Tucky and run them into the ground, leaving the others to freshen up.

I wouldnt be surprised if they hold Dew off for 2 more weeks. Keep him training, like Benny Mack.

Young In

Stokes Out

Unfortunatly, I like having Stokes in the team but Young will come in to add run to the midfield against the one paced Magpies.

This week will all be about hard running in the guts, and unfortunatly Stokes doesnt have the engine for that so Young in Stokes out the only change.
Crawford will come in this week i think Roughie Crawford & Young in Tuck & a unlucky Stokes out would love to see stokes stay in but with experience players coming back it will be hard!Love his tackling pressure he gives us in our forward 50!:thumbsu:

How about Guerra? Had a shocker against Geelong, Steve Johnson destroyed him!

Would the coach omit him this week?

He was pretty awful at the start of the game and has a bit of history of going missing in big games.

IMO he is a good kick but one on one with decent oponent he can be found wanting. If Dew is fit would see them as a direct swap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins and Outs against Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back