Ins & Outs vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fletcher has never been a good shut down defender. Ever wonder why power-forwards kick bags on us always? Not every player has to be a gun. Dont remember 2000? Blumfield, Heffernan, Moorcroft, Misiti, Solomon were serviceable players didn't stop them from winning a premiership medal.
Misiti was far more than serviceable. He had more than 40 touches in two of the finals games in 2000-2001 IIRC. He was a gun clearence player. To put him in the same breath as Moorcroft and Solomon is derogatory to a player of Misiti's calibre.

Misiti was far more than serviceable. He had more than 40 touches in two of the finals games in 2000-2001 IIRC. He was a gun clearence player. To put him in the same breath as Moorcroft and Solomon is derogatory to a player of Misiti's calibre.

IMO he was very serviceable but never a star. Extremely hard worker, top skills, but was missing that X-factor, seemed like a better than average midfielder in a dominate period due a well balanced side.

Ins - D.Williams, B Duckworth, T Daniher and G Foulds. (At least we know they would show heart even at their age)

Outs - Knights, Camporeale and Prescott

Surprised you didn't want to include Rotten Ronnie?

Admittedly I don't see all of your games, but when I do watch the Bombers, young Monfries seems to do okay. Yeah he's not a Brownlow type of player, but still, he does show a bit.

Anyway, good luck for the game guys, but not too much, hey!;)

In Myers, Daniher JJ
Out Fletcher Inj Winderlich Inj ?? Reimers Inj ??

Just a whisper from within, a couple more to add to the growing injury list , where running out of players

Fletcher has never been a good shut down defender. Ever wonder why power-forwards kick bags on us always? Not every player has to be a gun. Dont remember 2000? Blumfield, Heffernan, Moorcroft, Misiti, Solomon were serviceable players didn't stop them from winning a premiership medal.

Misiti more thank serviceable, more than solid, Misiti was our engine room for most of the 90's. Gun footballer and light years ahead of all those other guys mentioned. There was a time that Misiti and Mercuri seemed to be alway mentioned in the same breath.

Out Injured-Fletcher, Reimers, Winderlich.
Out Omitted- Rama, Laycok, Pears

In- Daniher, Myers, Atkinson, Neagle, JJ, Hislop.

Dropping Reimers and Winderlich why?

Neagle is nowhere near deserving selection, can't even get a touch in the VFL. Hislop has only played one game since returning from injury and JJ was appalling last week(terrible disposal).

Congratulations to Myers, Atkinson & Daniher.

With those three coming in I guess not many others will. I would have liked to see Jetta but I guess he's still a 'test' and Knights may want him to get a run with Bendigo.

I hope Atkinson does ok, I don't think he's that great from what I've seen of him. Hope he proves me wrong.

Myers will shine at this level I rekon. :thumbsu:

Heard the changes will be:

OUTS: Rama (inj), Reimers (inj) and Fletcher (inj)
INS: Daniher, Myers, Atkinson

With another 2 rookies to be named (most likely extended bench and will not play unless another injury arises)

whats your source on injured players? or are you just making stuff up?
ive never really rated atkinson to be honest but i guess we will see what he can do. i probably would have rathered neagle/hislop to be in than atkinson..

Outs: fletcher, johns, rama, monfries
ins: daniher, atkinson, myers, hislop..

We really lacked accountability and agression last week, no-one put there head over the ball, thats my reasoning for including hislop. he probably hasnt earnt his spot but imo should get in on need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atkinson hasn't really impressed me so far. Still good luck to him Myers and Darcy.

High Ryder you couldn't be more right about Neagle last week. Thought a few more games at Bendigo would've been the plan...

whats your source on injured players? or are you just making stuff up?ive never really rated atkinson to be honest but i guess we will see what he can do. i probably would have rathered neagle/hislop to be in than atkinson..

Outs: fletcher, johns, rama, monfries
ins: daniher, atkinson, myers, hislop..

We really lacked accountability and agression last week, no-one put there head over the ball, thats my reasoning for including hislop. he probably hasnt earnt his spot but imo should get in on need

Mudflap was on the money last week. I'll back him in again. :thumbsu:

Atkinson hasn't really impressed me so far. Still good luck to him Myers and Darcy.

High Ryder you couldn't be more right about Neagle last week. Thought a few more games at Bendigo would've been the plan...

Completly agree Dustbin on Atkinson, over commits himself way to often and gives away too many stupid frees ( i guess he might fit in then).

Every body is full aware Neagle has contributed zero so far this season, the thinking might be to throw him in with the big boys and see if that ignites some kind of spark.

Rememebr we are still at a list analysing phase, we need to work out if these blokes can play. They are not going to get 1 or 2 games a year over 5 years as has happened in the past to then realise there no good. "The kids will get opportunity's" can't remeber where i heard that!

Completly agree Dustbin on Atkinson, over commits himself way to often and gives away too many stupid frees ( i guess he might fit in then).

Every body is full aware Neagle has contributed zero so far this season, the thinking might be to throw him in with the big boys and see if that ignites some kind of spark.

Rememebr we are still at a list analysing phase, we need to work out if these blokes can play. They are not going to get 1 or 2 games a year over 5 years as has happened in the past to then realise there no good. "The kids will get opportunity's" can't remeber where i heard that!

i get your point about wanting to give kids an opportunity but i think essendon selectors need to consider whether they are the right kids. i dont see how or why atkinson is above hislop or neagle in terms of selection to be honest.. maybe its my bias coming out but imo hislop will be our most important midfeilder in 2-3 years and neagle will be our FF.
imo hislop showed more on the weekend then atkinson, i realise he may not be 100% fit which could be a valid reason but he seemed pretty fit to me on the weekend.
neagle also hasnt done much in the vfl so far but he showed promising form in the nap cup and regardless of his current form he is going to be very important for our long term future and should get a shot above atkinson who likewise hasnt done much in the vfl (that i know of anyway)..

i just think there isnt a huge benefit in trying kids for the sake of it unless its reasonable to assume they will play a big part in our future... I would be stoked if i am proven wrong but i just dont think atkinson will play a big part in our future, nothing compared to hislop or neagle anyway.

please feel free to prove me wrong though jarrod

I would say atkinson is in there as a big bodied, pacy, hard tackler. If he plays his guts out, he will do well, otherwise, he is in trouble.

i get your point about wanting to give kids an opportunity but i think essendon selectors need to consider whether they are the right kids. i dont see how or why atkinson is above hislop or neagle in terms of selection to be honest.. maybe its my bias coming out but imo hislop will be our most important midfeilder in 2-3 years and neagle will be our FF.
imo hislop showed more on the weekend then atkinson, i realise he may not be 100% fit which could be a valid reason but he seemed pretty fit to me on the weekend.
neagle also hasnt done much in the vfl so far but he showed promising form in the nap cup and regardless of his current form he is going to be very important for our long term future and should get a shot above atkinson who likewise hasnt done much in the vfl (that i know of anyway)..

i just think there isnt a huge benefit in trying kids for the sake of it unless its reasonable to assume they will play a big part in our future... I would be stoked if i am proven wrong but i just dont think atkinson will play a big part in our future, nothing compared to hislop or neagle anyway.

please feel free to prove me wrong though jarrod

Again, agree with you on Atkinson.

I believe Hislop and Neagle have also been selected so there is no comparison to be had.

Knights has said Winderlich won't play this week either so there is at least 4 changes....

Peverill out 3-5, Dempsey out 6-8.

So:

In: Daniher, Atkinson, Myers, ?
Out: Winderlich, Reimers, Fletcher, Rama

Out: Fletcher, Winderlich, Reimers (all injured), Rama (flu)
In: Danniher, Myers, Atkinson

Who do we think will be the fourth to come into the team?
Do we even have a fit player to come in?
You would think if it were another debutant/rookie, they would've been announced at the press conference, too, so I have a feeling it will be Johnson. We have little else to choose from.

You would think if it were another debutant/rookie, they would've been announced at the press conference, too, so I have a feeling it will be Johnson. We have little else to choose from.

Have we got enough fit players to name an extended bench? :eek:

You look at the players available for that 4th position...

Johnson - Probable
Hislop - Possible
Hooker - Unlikely
Neagle - Possible
Williams - Very Unlikely
Bellchambers - Unlikely
------------
Chartres - Very Unlikely
Dick - Unlikely
Magin - Unlikely

Is that it with fit players?

4 of those players will have to be selected tonight on an extended bench...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back