News Insightful and Inciteful - 2022 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing that listener asked that question because there wasn’t a lot of other juicy info coming out of that session.

The club’s in great shape, people have forgotten about how bad we had it in 2022 and just focused on results, Nisbett’s got a few good years left in him, etc etc.

Expecting a new username soon, Shark Darks

Paul Fitzpatrick was on the Mark Duffield SEN show this morning.

In response to a question from a listener (might have been me) on whether Simpson was contracted to 2024 or 2025 it was unequivocally answered as 2025
As an aside, thought Fitzpatrick was thoroughly uninspiring from the outset - right from fumbling through his very first question

On SM-G985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good thing that listener asked that question because there wasn’t a lot of other juicy info coming out of that session.

The club’s in great shape, people have forgotten about how bad we had it in 2022 and just focused on results, Nisbett’s got a few good years left in him, etc etc.
And apparently we are aiming for a resurgence into the finals next year also !

Probably at the expense on getting games into the next generation.

As an aside, thought Fitzpatrick was thoroughly uninspiring from the outset - right from fumbling through his very first question

On SM-G985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously he’s a highly successful lawyer and I’m sure he knows how to chair a board, but they really should have got someone with younger with a bit more energy (not that the chair really does anything?)

Good day Eagles supporters.

I'm an American footy fan and podcaster (A Yank on the Footy). I have been following the game since 2016, and footy has become my sole sports focus.

I've had a small thread in the podcast section of Big Footy for a few years. While we are mired in the offseason, I am working to set up some discussions with supporters that want to discuss their most memorable game. If you're interested, please consider reaching out to me at ayankonthefooty@gmail.com. My first episode of this series (recalling a game from 1973) is out now.

Cheers,
Craig Wessels
Host of "A Yank on the Footy" Podcast
Sandusky, Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Ebert - Pick 13

Games: 260 (184 for Port Adelaide)

Players picked soon after: Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide), Harry Taylor (Geelong), Alex Rance (Richmond), Callan Ward (Western Bulldogs)

Brad Ebert will be remembered more for his time at Port Adelaide than West Coast.
Brad Ebert will be remembered more for his time at Port Adelaide than West Coast. Credit: Will Russell/The Slattery Media Group
Almost forgotten by Eagles fans, Ebert was a good midfielder in his time at West Coast. Homesickness got the best of him and he was traded to Port Adelaide at the end of the 2011 season where he would be one of their best over the next nine years. West Coast got picks 28 and 49 in the deal, which really can’t justify a first-rounder

Grade: D-

Mitch Brown - Pick 16

Games: 94

Players picked soon after: Shane Edwards (Richmond), Josh Kennedy (Hawthorn), Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide)

Mitch Brown never reached his potential. Credit: Daniel Carson/AFL Media

A promising key position player, Brown showed potential as both a forward and backman but injury and form meant he was in and out of the team over his decade there. In the end, he tried to get back to Victoria, before being offered a contract by the Eagles. He was then told there wasn’t room for him when the Eagles surprising secured Hawthorn superstar Sam Mitchell. Brown would return to Victoria and play amateur football the next year.

Grade: D

Brad Ebert - Pick 13

Games: 260 (184 for Port Adelaide)

Players picked soon after: Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide), Harry Taylor (Geelong), Alex Rance (Richmond), Callan Ward (Western Bulldogs)

Brad Ebert will be remembered more for his time at Port Adelaide than West Coast.
Brad Ebert will be remembered more for his time at Port Adelaide than West Coast. Credit: Will Russell/The Slattery Media Group
Almost forgotten by Eagles fans, Ebert was a good midfielder in his time at West Coast. Homesickness got the best of him and he was traded to Port Adelaide at the end of the 2011 season where he would be one of their best over the next nine years. West Coast got picks 28 and 49 in the deal, which really can’t justify a first-rounder

Grade: D-

Mitch Brown - Pick 16

Games: 94

Players picked soon after: Shane Edwards (Richmond), Josh Kennedy (Hawthorn), Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide)

Mitch Brown never reached his potential. Credit: Daniel Carson/AFL Media

A promising key position player, Brown showed potential as both a forward and backman but injury and form meant he was in and out of the team over his decade there. In the end, he tried to get back to Victoria, before being offered a contract by the Eagles. He was then told there wasn’t room for him when the Eagles surprising secured Hawthorn superstar Sam Mitchell. Brown would return to Victoria and play amateur football the next year.

Grade: D
What we got back in a trade for Ebert was definitely a D-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back