Irving Mosquito, we hardly knew ye: Essendon bid and Hawthorn passes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's not forget Hayes. I rekon he goes alright. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Irv is completing year 12 next year so we won't see a lot of him i would of thought.

So I guess this means he’s playing against a lot of people older than him. Will be really interesting to see his program/development over the next 12 months.

So I guess this means he’s playing against a lot of people older than him. Will be really interesting to see his program/development over the next 12 months.

I could be wrong but im certain he is the same age otherwise he wouldnt be eligible for the draft.

My understanding is that he took a tad longer to pick up schooling in VIC after coming from his remote community which is very understandable and hence why he has only completed year 11 thus far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it just means he was older when he was in year 10 and 11 than many others. He has been playing against boys of the same age, but many were a year ahead in school.

They decide if they want him at their pick in the draft and bid on him when they see him as the best option for their club then its left to us to match that bid.
Can someone explain how this bidding system works? So if say Essendon choose to select him, we have the opportunity to match the bid. Is that by swapping draft picks again? But I thought swapping draft picks is all over, or is this an entire new game where we can “sell the farm” if we chose to pursue him.

Too bad Geelong has Wylie Buzza, they would have made a good pair. ;)

At the moment Mosquito's predicted draft range should allow you to pick him up without going into deficit. He is 40-rookie and with pick 53(233 pts) a match can be made up to 233+197=430. Pick 40 is 429 pts.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how this bidding system works? So if say Essendon choose to select him, we have the opportunity to match the bid. Is that by swapping draft picks again? But I thought swapping draft picks is all over, or is this an entire new game where we can “sell the farm” if we chose to pursue him.
If they pick him with something after our pick then we’ll just use pick 90 to match the bid.
If a pick in the 40s made a bid then 53 would cover the cost if we decided he was worth it.

If he gets bid in before our pick. Say with Essendons Pick 34 then we won’t have the required points to match and would have to go into deficit for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back