Irving Mosquito, we hardly knew ye: Essendon bid and Hawthorn passes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is a beautiful highlights package!

That last superman tackle!

Sticks tackles he shouldn't.
Blind turns out of traffic followed by lace out passes.
Speed , goal sense, awareness, hits targets, clearences...:D
I've seen enough, has enormous upside and a potential star for us. He isn't quite at the sheer wizardry level that Cyril was but there isnt many that are. We will have a supersonic forward line if we can get him up to speed in the next couple of years. That is of course if we select him.

Goosebumps!
Watching indigenous players it's freaking awesome I tell you man.
The trick is selecting the ones who aren't just a highlights package. We had Marlon Motlop and Wade Thompson, both looked magical in SANFL and pre-season matches but never made the jump to AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, loves hitting a player on the lead.

That's what I picked out.

Though I don't think he's hitting up the leading player, he's putting the ball into dangerous space and making the forwards lead.

If the main concern with Mosquito is consistency, I'm not sure how he slides. Good AFL clubs can involve a player more than a TAC Cup club, get the ball into their hands more - if we can do that we can just watch the magic unfold.

Looks a talent.

So we have nominated him. What happens if another club bids? Don't get this bit. (probably explained earlier but didn't want to sift through 25 pages ;))
I don't really get it, but I think if another club bids, we can match their points value of their pick...

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/biddingsystemfeedback.pdf

...with a 25% discount.

So if team bids pick 40 (429 points), we can claim him by sacrificing picks that add to about 325 points.

But if a bid comes after 54 (or something) no points are necessary to match

OR I COULD BE COMPLETELY WRONG! IT'S ALL RIDICULOUS!

I don't really get it, but I think if another club bids, we can match their points value of their pick...

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/biddingsystemfeedback.pdf

...with a 25% discount.

So if team bids pick 40 (429 points), we can claim him by sacrificing picks that add to about 325 points.

But if a bid comes after 54 (or something) no points are necessary to match

OR I COULD BE COMPLETELY WRONG! IT'S ALL RIDICULOUS!
giphy.gif

Kicking style very reminiscent of Cyril's style.

Please be sure to forward this video on to the Sydney Swans recruiting department. We don't want them crying foul again that they didn't get access to the highlights tapes of another mercurial, young, indigenous draftee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back