Is Brisbane the worst top two side ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

and the teams they are hosting are generally just going there for a short stint as opposed to being based there
You don’t think teams are at an advantage by having opposition clubs living at hotels for the entire season while they stay at home? I’m not talking a few weeks I’m talking the whole season. No advantage? So if every club was based for the year in Geelong at various hotels and all games were in Geelong, no advantage to the cats?

I can’t speak for other Vic teams but Melbourne, North and Hawthorn typically travel 7 or 8 times a year.
That’s about 5 or 6 times more than Brisbane are travelling this year.

It’s a flag of bust for Brisbane this year.
That’s funny, I just had a look at last year and noticed Melbourne only travelled interstate 4 times last year compared to lions 10 times.......

So lions have played 3 interstate games in this pandemic year compared to Melbournes 4 games last year.

Get your facts before you come on here crying!
see ya mate don’t come back!

Last edited:
You don’t think teams are at an advantage by having opposition clubs living at hotels for the entire season while they stay at home? I’m not talking a few weeks I’m talking the whole season. No advantage? So if every club was based for the year in Geelong at various hotels and all games were in Geelong, no advantage to the cats?

after a while, aside from emotionally no i dont.

travel becomes a non factor in terms of time spent on planes, at airports, disruption to daily routine etc. Familiarity with the venue as opposed to the having to Familiarise yourself each week with a different one becomes a far lesser factor.

the warriors in the NrL have not been home since the season resumed in round 3 and have not seen their families in that time and are playing better than anyone predicted before the lockdown. Now I realise every NrL match is played on a field the same dimensions so that’s irrelevant but the emotional toll of travel and being based in a different place clearly can’t be THAT big.

I would say Brisbane have it better than other sides but the other factors involved in the current situation clearly lessen the home ground advantage they have compared to if they played this many games at home and all other teams were constantly travelling

I don't get threads like this. Why the constant need to drag teams down? Brisbane are second on the ladder, deal with it.
Put simply, the OP is a complete and utter tosspot.

Explain to me how are the lions still in QLD and why not in a hub in SA or WA been kissed by the afl big time.
Why would the AFL needlessly make an already ludicrously impractical season MORE impractical?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder why so the competition is even.Why is it all other clubs have been a hub.How would it be impractical ?.
We were in a Sydney hub. Albeit not for a long time but I guess that doesn't suit your agenda.

"so the competition is even"... Mate do you seriously not see the irony in your post as a supporter of a Melbourne-based club? My God. Every single year you get advantages beyond every other interstate team (and a handful of Victorian based clubs), and here you are, in the one year where a global pandemic has forced the AFL's hands, complaining about inequality.

Boy oh boy, wowee. Take a long, hard look in the mirror, check your privelage, and jog on.
I wonder why so the competition is even.Why is it all other clubs have been a hub.How would it be impractical ?.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because they hold a different point of view to yourself? These forums have diverse opinions. Don't be ignorant.
Plenty of people on here hold different POVs to me, and fair enough, that's their right.

The OP is a known troll and dickhead. No surprise he's currently serving a suspension lol.

You said it not a long time what was it 2 games or so you call that hub you been well looked after.

the 2017 and 2019 premiers were pretty well looked after too.

you do realise that unless every team plays every other team home and away, all clubs are funded by the AFL and have identical training facilities, all grounds are the same size, and all teams based equidistant from one another, the competition will literally ALWAYS favour some teams over others, yeah?

deal with it

you do realise that unless every team plays every other team home and away, all clubs are funded by the AFL and have identical training facilities, all grounds are the same size, and all teams based equidistant from one another, the competition will literally ALWAYS favour some teams over others, yeah?

deal with it
The irony of fans of major Melbourne teams complaining about this shouldn't be lost on anyone.

Unsurprisingly, it seems fans of the Victorian team with arguably the most reason to complain (Geelong) are the ones able to realise that Brisbane aren't being "protected" any more than a few teams are in any other season.

I wonder if any of those teams would consider Kardinia Park a HGA for them against an interstate side like it's being suggested Metricon is for Brisbane.

Despite still not being in the best form, the Lions showed enough last night to be considered a top four side this year. I said if they didn't beat us I would reconsider. But they did and showed a bit of mental toughness to grind out a win. They aren't winning pretty at the moment, but they are getting the points which is all that matters. If they want to win the flag this year though they are going to have to fix a few issues particularly conversion.

However, top two is debatable. But the OP is asking worst top two side ever? Nah. They are far from it.

Last edited:
Despite still not being the best form, the Lions showed enough last night to be considered a top four side this year. I said if they didn't beat us I would reconsider. But they did and showed a bit of mental toughness to grind out a win. They aren't winning pretty at the moment, but they are getting the points which is all that matters. If they want to win the flag this year though they are going to have to fix a few issues particularly conversion.

However, top two is debatable. But the OP is asking worst top two side ever? Nah. They are far from it.
Hawthorn stumbled across the line on multiple occasions against far inferior sides during their period of dominance and that wasn't in interrupted seasons. Good sides win those matches, and that's what Brisbane have done this year. They'd have probably dropped a few last year. People have such short memories.

deal with it

You do realise we share the MCG with 6 other clubs as a home base I think some people a living under a rock and don't realise that so 2017 and 2019 nothing to do with it.

Maybe your club should deal with it to sooking about not getting a home final and when you did you lost that anyway.

"so the competition is even"... Mate do you seriously not see the irony in your post as a supporter of a Melbourne-based club? My God. Every single year you get advantages beyond every other interstate team (and a handful of Victorian based clubs), and here you are, in the one year where a global pandemic has forced the AFL's hands, complaining about inequality.

Boy oh boy, wowee. Take a long, hard look in the mirror, check your privelage, and jog on.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your missing the point mate why are all clubs in hubs including interstate ones now have been twice accept yours that's point ?. Mate we share our home ground with 6 other clubs maybe check next time so we're bound play at the MCG often.

You do realise we share the MCG with 6 other clubs as a home base I think some people a living under a rock and don't realise that so 2017 and 2019 nothing to do with it.

Maybe your club should deal with it to sooking about not getting a home final and when you did you lost that anyway.
So who the f*** cares.

the lions share the Gabba with every man and his dog and just because those teams happen to be in decent level resorts instead of their own 3 bedroom property doesn’t change that.

If you can somehow make a coherent argument to say that the Tigers have not benefited from where they are based in the past 3 years that doesn’t essentially come back to ‘because I said so’ and ‘other teams play there too’ I’m very curious to hear it.

So who the f*** cares.

the lions share the Gabba with every man and his dog and just because those teams happen to be in decent level resorts instead of their own 3 bedroom property doesn’t change that.

If you can somehow make a coherent argument to say that the Tigers have not benefited from where they are based in the past 3 years that doesn’t essentially come back to ‘because I said so’ and ‘other teams play there too’ I’m very curious to hear it.

You still haven't answered the question why haven't the lions been put in a interstate hub like every other team don't give me it advantages some.

We played our first final interstate last year.And yeah the fact is we do share the G and it makes a difference your at your home base more often so it affects fixtures that's a matter of fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Brisbane the worst top two side ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back