Is it on?

Remove this Banner Ad

We don’t have the mental strength to not shit the bed anytime there’s a modicum of expectation. We will never win anything of note until that changes.
This is pretty much going to be the big hurdle. If we're still using phrases like "going under the radar" as a positive 5 years from now then we're stuffed. They need to be highlighted and playing to expectation not merely being happy to subvert negative expectation.

After all: No team goes under the radar on Grand Final week.

Who are we going to beat? We've beaten 18th, 17th, 15th, 14th, 13th, 11th, and 8th (and just lost to 8th). Were more likely in for a rude awakening and a drop well out of the 8.

Sydney, hawthorn, Geelong, giants, and port will all beat us comfortably
If we play like we did last week, North on current form would beat us

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is pretty much going to be the big hurdle. If we're still using phrases like "going under the radar" as a positive 5 years from now then we're stuffed. They need to be highlighted and playing to expectation not merely being happy to subvert negative expectation.

After all: No team goes under the radar on Grand Final week.
we've got this ;)

Given we are putrid straight after a rest week, are we better off finishing 5th ?
It is already stacked against us with the rest week before finals start.
It’s choose your poison. Lead bullet or a golden one ?
This is ridiculous logic, basically impossible for a WA team to make a GF from outside the 4 let alone win it. Need the shot at the home prelim. We can't be scared of a bye

Given we are putrid straight after a rest week, are we better off finishing 5th ?
It is already stacked against us with the rest week before finals start.
It’s choose your poison. Lead bullet or a golden one ?
The week off during finals is nothing like the mid season bye. The bye mandates actual time off away from the club. During the finals the team with the week off does not drop in intensity, they're there everyday figuring out how to win the next game.
Interestingly though, the pre finals bye that they have now seems to have eroded the advantage of winning the qualifying final.

I had a job interview today for a role I won't be starting until I get back from Scandinavia. I cheekily said to my potential future boss that I hoped he would have a Grand Final Package ready for me when I get back. He said, "I'm going to make sure you have that weekend off. It's an omen :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think finals experience will be so important even if we throw in some stinkers - look at 2010, cats smashed us but it helped us go there in 12 and 13 and we beat them

So from here let’s hope we can finish as high as possible
healthy attitude, but this optimism is fun :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back