MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any better vision than the one in the OP because I can't really see much in it from that far? Or maybe I'm just blind

Is there any better vision than the one in the OP because I can't really see much in it from that far? Or maybe I'm just blind
They showed better angles on today's Access All Areas.
Pretty much he swings his arm as he's trying to lose Webster and it gets him in the cheek.
I think it'll be downgraded to careless low contact and tbh that's probably fair... however if it wasn't the brownlow favourite I doubt that'd be the case.

I am convinced QC/KC's have secretly designed the AFL MRO guidelines which has Christian ticking boxes purely so that everything results in a charge being cited, and thus the maximum amount of KC appearances at the tribunal.

All about that sweet sweet money.

It’s all in the wording of the directive - it says something like - ‘will USUALLY result in a grading of intentional’

I would argue this is not ‘usual’

- The tackling player slipped and this brought his head down to waist height

- the tackling player was actually ‘hanging on’ and Heeney’s clear intent was to clear the tackle, not strike the player

-Heeney was not watching the tackling player at poc.

- How can a clear accident be intentional?

Token one week suspension so Heeney can challenge it and get off.

AFL is just "pretending" to do the right thing.
The Low impact sets the scene doesn't it?

That means the door has been left ajar for them to argue that it was Careless - which with the Low impact would only be a fine.

As I said - don't write the AFL off!!

It’s all in the wording of the directive - it says something like - ‘will USUALLY result in a grading of intentional’

I would argue this is not ‘usual’

- The tackling player slipped and this brought his head down to waist height

- the tackling player was actually ‘hanging on’ and Heeney’s clear intent was to clear the tackle, not strike the player

-Heeney was not watching the tackling player at poc.

- How can a clear accident be intentional?
The message? Don't slip when you're a defender 70m off the ball, because you can get clocked in the face and cop a broken nose?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have Essendon fans always been this broken or did one of their players bring suspended for shoulder charging another player in the head push them over the edge?
Yes, the percentage whinge factor is right up there - almost need wings to stay above their BS

The message? Don't slip when you're a defender 70m off the ball, because you can get clocked in the face and cop a broken nose?
Try “ Don’t hang on to players 70 metres off the ball, then slip face first into an arm that is clearly trying to break the illegal hold”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back