News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club seemed to believe keeping Stengle would be a bad look. I thought it looked a fair decision at the time as he had multiple chances. Flash forward though and he's playing well elsewhere. You don't see Bailey Smith or De Goey getting sacked by their clubs either which kind of makes me wonder what the point was.

Stopped reading at Michelangelo.

Any Port jealousy come through in the article?
I stopped reading after www.sen.

Knew then it'd be contrived bs with an anti-crow agenda

Club seemed to believe keeping Stengle would be a bad look. I thought it looked a fair decision at the time as he had multiple chances. Flash forward though and he's playing well elsewhere. You don't see Bailey Smith or De Goey getting sacked by their clubs either which kind of makes me wonder what the point was.
You are comparing a fringe player in Stengle at that time to Smith and De Goey?? If Stengle was an important player we would have given him his 3rd and 4th chance and the situation with Smith's was only his first indiscretion wasn't it where both clubs were aware of Smith's and De Goey's struggle with ADHD?

You are comparing a fringe player in Stengle at that time to Smith and De Goey?? If Stengle was an important player we would have given him his 3rd and 4th chance and the situation with Smith's was only his first indiscretion wasn't it where both clubs were aware of Smith's and De Goey's struggle with ADHD?
If the rules only apply to some players, what is the point? Stengle may have also had his own challenges.

(I just noticed this isn't the Stengle thread so I'm not going to keep talking about it here)

So surgery in the off-season for Rankine

I doubt this lowers his asking price?
Sam McLure should be coming out soon to say it does, just like with Alex Keath.

“The Crows gave him a training program that included running in it… they’ve since operated and I think it’s caused some friction between the Western Bulldogs and the Crows. He’ll get to the Dogs, but I think it’s diluted his trade value a little bit too,”

Sam McLure should be coming out soon to say it does, just like with Alex Keath.

“The Crows gave him a training program that included running in it… they’ve since operated and I think it’s caused some friction between the Western Bulldogs and the Crows. He’ll get to the Dogs, but I think it’s diluted his trade value a little bit too,”

Wish someone prominent would call out these damn double standards haha

View attachment 1480616

West Coast is prepared to select Izak Rankine if he falls through to the pre-season draft, according to SEN SA host Michelangelo Rucci.

The out-of-contract Gold Coast forward is attracting interest from Adelaide, who are reportedly prepared to make the 22-year-old their highest paid player on a long-term contract.

Should Rankine request a trade to Adelaide and a deal between the Crows and Suns couldn’t be agreed, Rucci says the Eagles are waiting in the wings and ready to swoop.

“The trade has to be done, Gold Coast are going to demand a fair bit,” Rucci told SEN SA’s The Run Home.

“Who’s going to have the number one pick in the pre-season draft? North Melbourne, but you don’t expect them to go down that path. Number two is West Coast.

“I’m hearing West Coast are quite prepared to call Rankine’s name in the pre-season draft if they have to.

“They (Crows) have to do the deal.”

Does West Coast has $1.5-2M free in their salary cap next year since they have a lot of experience players who will still be contracted? A trade will happen which is fair to both clubs if Rankine does decided to come here, GCS don't want another Martin situation happening to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it even appropriate for Rucci, as a Port employee, to be making comments about other clubs anymore?

Surely he should just go away and write his yes we Ken propaganda for the Port website.

View attachment 1480616

West Coast is prepared to select Izak Rankine if he falls through to the pre-season draft, according to SEN SA host Michelangelo Rucci.

The out-of-contract Gold Coast forward is attracting interest from Adelaide, who are reportedly prepared to make the 22-year-old their highest paid player on a long-term contract.

Should Rankine request a trade to Adelaide and a deal between the Crows and Suns couldn’t be agreed, Rucci says the Eagles are waiting in the wings and ready to swoop.

“The trade has to be done, Gold Coast are going to demand a fair bit,” Rucci told SEN SA’s The Run Home.

“Who’s going to have the number one pick in the pre-season draft? North Melbourne, but you don’t expect them to go down that path. Number two is West Coast.

“I’m hearing West Coast are quite prepared to call Rankine’s name in the pre-season draft if they have to.

“They (Crows) have to do the deal.”

We don’t have to do the deal. We have to be prepared to let him walk to another club in the PSD if a suitable trade can’t be arranged. Not our problem.

We don’t have to do the deal. We have to be prepared to let him walk to West Coast if a suitable trade can’t be arranged. Not our problem.
Well yeah it is, we’ve targeted him with a big deal which means we want him badly. If we don’t get him then that’s a big letdown and problem. Also what message does that send to future recruits? That we won’t follow through to get the deal done?

Having said that we will do a deal, we might have to pay more than we want to but we will. This year or next years first plus a sweetener.

Well yeah it is, we’ve targeted him with a big deal which means we want him badly. If we don’t get him then that’s a big letdown and problem. Also what message does that send to future recruits? That we won’t follow through to get the deal done?

Having said that we will do a deal, we might have to pay more than we want to but we will. This year or next years first plus a sweetener.
Sure, but articles like Rucci’s are implying we’ll have to overpay. We don’t do the deal at any cost, have to be prepared to walk away. Pressure is on GC not Adelaide.

Unlikely that West Coast can take Rankine in the draft if he sticks to the salary demands of $800k x 5years.
They've got on the books for 2023;
Natanui 600-700K
Shuey 750-850K
Yeo 750-850K
Darling 775-875K
Gaff 800-900K
Kelly 800-900K
McGovern 1.0-1.1M

Feels like a BS story to me - stirs up the Crows supporters - currently achieving the desired effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back