News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like early to mid second.
Possibly but it really is very situational dependent. GWS gave us their future 1st for an upgrade of 6 to 4 only 3 years ago, and we would certainly have given up 16 in 2018 to get 8 up to 5 and secure Rozee. However both of those examples involved the trading club having high motivation to move up.

GC might well have that motivation this year as they have a pretty fair team, but just need a couple of stars and might well think they can get Sheezel or Tsatas at 5 but not 7.

And a slip back from 5 to 7. That on its own would be worth a late 1st.

Only has value if it achieves an objective. We can’t just assume that everyone will do what GWS did. They had a specific need which made them prepare to drastically overpay

If GC have someone that will likely go at before 7 then perhaps that works. Unlikely though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Only has value if it achieves an objective. We can’t just assume that everyone will do what GWS did. They had a specific need which made them prepare to drastically overpay

If GC have someone that will likely go at before 7 then perhaps that works. Unlikely though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If we were pretty sure the player we really wanted was as likely to be there at 7 as 5, then I would not mind this scenario

Adelaide
Out - Pick 5 & 2023 1st
In Rankine & Pick 7

GC
Out Rankine & pick 7
In Crows pick 5 and 2023 1st

BUT, if we needed to bolt on something to the future 1st so that we could retain pick 5, I'd rather that (ie future 1st and a future 2nd or 3rd if we could generate one from any trade outs)

I’d park Pedlar and Gollant being definitely not busts. Still too early for these two in my opinion.
Pedlar is almost a delist based solely on his body..

Tons of talent, good skills, makes good decisions, hits the scoreboard and I love watching him play… but..
Isnt gonna make it if he cannot get a clean run without injury.

Unfortunately its looking like he’s made of cardboard and stuck together with Clag glue..

Tons of talent, good skills, makes good decisions, hits the scoreboard and I love watching him play… but..

Unfortunately its looking like he’s made of cardboard and stuck together with Clag glue..
stop worrying countless others have had injury runs then all fine

Milera is far from a bust.

People are judging him based on his performances coming off a two year injury lay off. Wait and see how he goes in 2023 before judging.
Milera is a bust.

A bust in the fact that he hasnt turned out to be worth the 1st round draft pick spent on him.

And that’s even before he copped two years off due to injury.

Other busts

McAsey
McHenry
Jones
Doedee
Gallucci

Again.. Busts in that they havent justiifed the 1st round pick that was used on them.

Doedee is the best of them and still a very good player.. but can anyone honestly say he’s actually turned out to be worth a first rounder?. Borderline.

The rest of them in that list?.. no fxxkin chance. You’d find players like them in the 30’s and later and all the way into the rookie draft.

Its depressing reading just how much Haggis and others at the club over the past 5 years have fxxked up.

He only missed 7 games and played 14. "Almost delist" is a very hot take lol

Milera is a bust.

A bust in the fact that he hasnt turned out to be worth the 1st round draft pick spent on him.

And that’s even before he copped two years off due to injury.

Other busts

McAsey
McHenry
Jones
Doedee
Gallucci

Again.. Busts in that they havent justiifed the 1st round pick that was used on them.

Doedee is the best of them and still a very good player.. but can anyone honestly say he’s actually turned out to be worth a first rounder?. Borderline.

The rest of them in that list?.. no fxxkin chance. You’d find players like them in the 30’s and later and all the way into the rookie draft.

Its depressing reading just how much Haggis and others at the club over the past 5 years have fxxked up.
Are you ever happy?

The lad has been on the list how long now?..

He barely gets 3/4 games in a row before he again hits the medical room..

And this is playing SANFL.. hows he gonna go when his body has to stand up to the more extreme pressures found at AFL level?..

There are some outrageous statement you make, that really reflects poorly on your footy judgement .....I'll attribute it to youthful exuberance ;)

Once again .....you've cast doubts on a 2nd year player ....that's right 2nd year

He hits the contest harder than any player on our list, including Sloane .....right up with how Dangerfield started his career ......he'll learn to get his body prepared for the way he plays ....and learn not to hit every contest with such verocity

Are you ever happy?
Yep..

I still get shitloads of enjoyment watching my beloved crows..

Just that the last 5 years this club has been one massive balls up after another.

We’ve taken a Grand Finalist team and completely fxxked it with stupid decision after stupid decision.

No one should be happy about that and no one should accept it and simply shut up about it just cause some people cant handle criticism levelled at the club..

How many bottom 5 finishes in a row is it gonna take?… how many years without a finals appearance?..

Some of us have higher standards and expectations.

Do you remember how many hamstring injuries, Kane Johnson had in his early years .....countless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are some outrageous statement you make, that really reflects poorly on your footy judgement .....I'll attribute it to youthful exuberance ;)

Once again .....you've cast doubts on a 2nd year player ....that's right 2nd year

He hits the contest harder than any player on our list, including Sloane .....right up with how Dangerfield started his career ......he'll learn to get his body prepared for the way he plays ....and learn not to hit every contest with such verocity
Read my comment again..

I love the way he plays and goes about it..

But none of that matters if he cant stay on the friggin park!..

Last edited:
Warren Tredrea is back in the media and is saying Rankine will earn 1.5 mil next year as part of a front loaded deal

FWIW I don’t believe a word of it

thoughts on working charlie ballard into the rankine deal somehow given his knee injury making his three years to go on contract less attractive for GC?

Warren Tredrea is back in the media and is saying Rankine will earn 1.5 mil next year as part of a front loaded deal

• Izak Rankine could earn more money next season than any other player in the game. The five-year deal offered by the Crows is heavily front-loaded meaning he will be paid around $1.5m in the first season. The contract offer averages out to around $850k over the duration of its term.

Good, love it if true, smart list management. Burn the money early whilst we have space and give up a second rounder or it’s PSD. No way is anyone leaving $1.5M free in their cap space.

Of course he should, it would be poor cap management not to absolutely front load the shit out of his deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back